My girlfriend insulted my mother so I threw a drink her face. Was I wrong?

We had a disagreement and things got heated. I guess things got so heated that she insulted my mother. I told her that she could insult me, the amount of money I make, my manhood etc. But under no circumstances was I going to tolerate her insulting my family, especially my mother who I love dearly. We were out for dinner and I asked the waitress to bring the bill so I could pay for my share and leave as I was disgusted. I then threw my drink in her face. I realize that was disgusting behaviour but do you think it was justified?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's ok to be upset but throwing a drink in her face wasn't. People need to learn how to deal with anger and their frustrations in a more constructive way instead of being destructive. Asking for the bill and paying your share and walking out would have been good enough. Then after you both had time to cool off should talk it out.

• Insulting my mother was not needed. You're right, people need to deal with their anger in a more constructive way. Does that also include my girlfriend.

• Yes, I myself have had to learn the heard why hoe angry and the way I have expressed myself has lead to mistrust and eventually a broken relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well now that this relationship has ended (it has, whether you two made it official or not), you can spend more time learning to be non-reactive when your emotions are high.

• Why should I be non-reactive? Should I just sit there and tolerate verbal abuse? I don't think so.

• I agree with you. But she also isn't a child. She brought my mother into the conversation when she had nothing to do with it at all.

• Her behavior was poor, definitely. But That doesn't mean yours has to be.

What Girls Said 1

• No it wasn't, I agree with you but no the drink part, you don't have to act childish, but leave and leave it at that. x

• She also didn't need to insult my mother.

• That's true, but thats verbal you took it to a physical level.

What Guys Said 3

• You did GREAT. I would slap her. Family goes first!

• At least you showed that cunt

• It wasn't the best of decisions but I guess you were in the heat of the moment. Just dump her undeserving ass.