Do guys like girls with same music taste as them?

Both have same taste in music which we share and introduce eachother to new bands. Both into film and writing (career wise too). Always texting/messaging in long intellectual paragraphs about music, movies, etc. I've never had this long of a conversation with someone in a long time. He said I'm really pretty. Sorry if i sound conceited or narcisstic but I don't think I'm that ugly to be honest. I think i have a nice body (he said mine is beautiful), thoughtful and nice.

We always have a good time together, blasting records, watching films, cuddling, talking and dancing (nude;kinda my idea) . Making out is always fun especially when we do role play haha. I seem to arouse him and he pleases me too. I don't know how he feels about me. I used to be self conscious and insecure a lot but I don't understand why he wouldn't want me?

Most Helpful Guy

• The title and the description seem to pose different questions:

Answer to the title: No, same musical taste doesn't even make it to the list of personality traits I look for in a girl.

As for the description: Do you mean you arouse him, but he doesn't want to have sex with you? Or that he says he doesn't want anything besides this kind of friends with benefits relationship? If it's the former, maybe he's insecure (similar to the insecurities a girl could have when having sex with a guy). If it's the latter, he's probably not into serious relationships at the moment. If you were asking something else, explain.

Most Helpful Girl

• If they look attractive enough to them, then sure. If not, then they don't give much shit about common interests.

What Guys Said 27

• Similar taste in music isn't high on the list of important compatibility items, but it's definitely a nice plus. Other things are far more important, though.

• I am a DJ by profession. I have tried to date girls that were not into music for clubs. It is difficult. It's more than just music. They don't get my whole life style. It's like a whole world opens up for them and they are kinda scarred of it. This is my personal experience so I don't know if it's the same for other people.

The girls that were into the same music as I am understand my life style as well.

• This sounds too much of a rhetorical question.

• Considering all the things you said you two do, pretty sure he's attracted to you. Anyways I'm into classic rock and considering that's not the norm now a days if I find someone who likes that it is a huge plus but it's not necessary for them to have similair music taste

• For me it is a dealbreaker, I go to shows frequently and if she's into country or dubstep/house or some other bullshit that I can't stand I can't see myself just "putting up with it", it also tends to be that we don't have the same interests in other things as well (movies, tv shows, books, etc.)

• Yes, because I love music and like going to concerts and such. So, if we both like to do that, it's awesome.

• Yes, I like girls who like electronic music like trance, ambient techno, rave etc...

• What do you mean he wouldn't (doesnt) want you? Did I not just read that he compliments your beauty, your body, engages in long conversations, kisses, cuddles, and dances naked with you?
    What am I missing?

• I wouldn't care about the music.

What makes you think he doesn't want you?

• No.. I don't know if he wants me or not. We hit it off (imo) he said he really likes me but doesn't want a serious relationship at least right now... it's always a blast hanging with him. I seriously never met a guy who liked the same music or interest in films as me aha as sad as it sounds

• Yes I'm hoping for a girl with the same taste in music as me.
    I like many different types of music but as long as she isn't into hip hop, rap, R&B or modern pop than I'm sure we would get along fine.

• It doesn't make any difference with me. Im not a huge music person anyway, even if they liked something that I couldnt stand I dont think it would be too hard to find a compromise.

• It's a huge plus but they also gotta be somewhat physically attractive too and have a good personality. I've been seeing more attractive women at metal shows like Ghost, Red Fang, Mastodon, and other sludge metal bands.

• Definitely a good thing

• Hell yeah but it's not a deal breaker if she ain't. So your guy turned ya down?

• No.. I don't know. We hit it off (imo) he said he really likes me but doesn't want a serious relationship at least right now... it's always a blast hanging with him. I seriously never met a guy who liked the same music as me aha

• I think you've been friendzoned. What do listen to? O. o lol you should hit up concerts if ya wanna find other dudes into the same music as you. Well at least he likes chilling with ya, did he say why he doesn't want a relationship now? If he did keep an eye on him and when you notice him getting over his roadblock, move in on again lol

• I sure do, but I'm seeing a chick who has different taste and genre of music from me, and that doesn't phase me from wanting to be with her!

• Same music tastes, that'd be a plus for me
    Because I listen to some random music :D

• It's important to me but I'm really into music. I actually think dream of starting a band with a girl but to each his own.

• I haven't met a girl who likes linkin park or red hot chili peppers, but i would definitely like a girl who listens to those bands more than the one who doesn't.

• doesn't matter too much really

• i'd love it. more things to do together.

• I think it is heard to tell :/

Yes I guess

• I got Bieber Fever.

• It's a nice little plus but not a requirement. As long as she doesn't listen to rap.

• I used to but the older I got the less and less it mattered. But that's beside the point. He likes you. That's it all the extra doubting and questioning is just in your head

• Sure , it's a good thing if you do

• All i had to do is read the title

Hell yess it is its attractive asf when a girl likes the same music as me

Its a really big plus !

My girl and I's fav artist is Chris brown

• Yeah it can be a good thing. I mean it's not a deal breaker if she doesn't like the same music I do, but it can still be a good thing if she does.

What Girls Said 2

• Its great to have similar tastes. I means you can have a lot to talk, point proved as you said that you do. If you are making out and what not and he compliments you then he likes you. Same interest plus attraction means the guy is into you. As far as I can tell he hasn't given you any reason to worry.

• 'Long intellectual paragraphs' and music and movies don't go together. Intellectual people are into literature, science or maths. Also, no offence, but you really do sound very conceited. You're probably not all you're cracked to be and desperately need to step down from that pedestal you've propped yourself on. Arrogant women are never attractive women, and arrogant women are usually insecure because they need to constantly reassure themselves of their own worth.