My boyfriend rated me an 8 out of 10. Is that good?

One of my friends asked him to rate me (he doesn't know that she's friends with me) and he said 8. Is that a high score, because I'm not sure if I should be flattered or upset that he didn't say 9 or 10

Most Helpful Guy

• out of 10 sure 8 is good. but it's kind of rude to rate your girlfriend to other people.

What Guys Said 20

• Well consisering a 6 or 7 is all it takes for a guy to feel attracted to a girl, an 8 is a good score. Don't feel bad, because even my crush who is an absolute godess, i wouldn't even rate a 10. 10s are only a fragment of a guy's imagination. No girl is that perfect irl. And 9s are reserved for like the top 10 girls you've seen in your lifetime.

Also, even if you rate someone not that high on looks, they become an overall 10/10 if you love them.

• better than average bruh

• Yes, it is.

5 = not too great, but not hideous either.
    6 = fuckable
    7 = decent looking
    8 = really good looking
    9 = fucking outstanding looking
    9,5 = almost perfect
    10 = non-existent as there is no perfection

• I think you should be glad he's honest. I'd rate my crush a 9/10, because I don't think 10/10 exists. Even though I'd probably give my crush a 7/10 when I met her.

• Would you honestly rate him as 9 or 10?

• He was probably being generous too.

• Considering a 10 is like models and beauty queens id say its a bit of an over exaggeration

But thats awesome

• I think 8 is pretty decent, most people say the average is 7

• 8/10 is very high in my opinion, 9 and 10s are like celebrities and models lol!

• everything from 6 up is pretty good. considering 5 is average looking.

• I don't know everyones scale is different

• Yes an excellent score

• Actresses and models are often 9/10. Are you as hot as them?

• 8/10 is pretty high, considering most girls are 5/10 or 6/10

• It's a great score. Hardly anyone gets a nine or ten.

• it's good don't worry about it.

• Obviously it's good.

• yeah pretty decent... I'll never rate any of my exes more than 7 tbh

• LOL... This is clearly a guy who doesn't understand a damn thing about the female gender. Not that I would expect him to understand in his mid teens, but he'll have to get dumped a few times before he figures it out.

Bottom line, I wouldn't worry about what this knucklehead rates you. If you're getting an 8/10 in your awkward teenage years, things are only going to get better in your late teens and early 20's.

• 10's don't exist and 9's are rare. Besides, I don't really know what the "rating" system is, like, what determines what number you are, I mean, can anybody really be a 1 which is supposedly so ugly they can't even get someone. I don't know

Anyway, you're 16, I don't really think under age girls should be dating

Also, I would think you would want to be honest with your boyfriend about who your friends are. Makes me think you're hiding something

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah, it's good. My boyfriend rated me 6.66 so you're doing better than me :P

• That is a pretty good score. Guys have high standards.

• yes 8 is good, I would settle for a score of 8 :)

• 8 is good..

• Considering he's your boyfriend, an 8 is like basically saying meh. So irl you're probably even lower.