Are non-black girls that don`t date Black men not doing it because of the physical features or the sub-culture?

physicall features like skin tone facial structure etc
or the sub-culture, talking ebonic ( black slang) dress style etc

• sub-culture
  • physical features
  • date black people
Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a cultural thing for me. I wouldn't say "I don't date black people" because if I met a black guy that fit the type of personality, interest and whatever that I like then okay no probs.

I look at it more as this way- if I look amongst all the white men I date a very small subset of that race as well.

I typically won't get along with men who don't read books and aren't naturally curious about the world and universe. I don't liken who make a lot of noise and are rowdy. Moderates are okay but no righties. No gamers.

One of my best friends I've known since college is black but he was raised by white parents in the same affluent community I'm from so we like the same kind of music and have the se views on lots of things and interest. So if I met a guy like him that was black and I had a spark with I'd be down.

• so basically someone you find attractive and click with

• Thanks for MH!

• Welcome

Most Helpful Guy

• As a black guy, I feel most women that refuse to even consider black men, do so out of sub-culture and stereotypes.

• well you can best attest to that since you bring first hand experience

• U know what I think you're right... that guy is probably one of my #GaGHaters. He is hating so hard that he is getting his facts wrong! :-D

• Haters will. be hating

What Girls Said 17

• To me it is the "social" thig.

I grew up in Decatur, GA. Most the black guys i know in their 16 to 25 yo range usually treat women like arm candy, property, their woman to do with as they please.

I mean they often treat us like second class citizens. Its the gangsta thing, the slang, the whole lack of family values.

I dated 2 black guys when i was 16 to 18 yo. They were really great in bed with big packages, but when we were out or even at home, they expected me to wait on them, buy stuff for them, and in front of their friends they would disrespect me by calling me their Beatch, their Ho, etc. One of them at a party offered me to 6 of his friends for sex and then got mad when i wouldn't!

Not once did they say nice things to me, hold a door open, etc... all the things a gentleman does to impress a girl and make her feel special.

I admit the sex was mindblowing coz they had big, thick penises, ejaculate a lot of semen, AND could have sex 2 or 3 times almost one after the other!

To me, it is a "social" thing of how they treat women. I don't know if it is a lack of family values, broken homes with no dad, or is it they don't feel that non black women deserve the same treatment as black women?

I know a lot of black girls just take whatever a black guy dishes out or the girl is real mouthy and bitchy (angry black woman syndrome).

For me, i like being treated as a person.

I do know that most older black guys (50+) i have met are typically gentlemen, not thugs. That's the key, i think, gangstas, thugs. drug dealers, wanna be rap thugs.

• Well a-holes exist in every culture just find a respectable guy in the future no matter the race

• This is a sexual fetish and a disgusting example of humanity.

• Why is it that when guys do or don't date a certain race it's a "preference" but when girls do it, it's a weird sociology project?

• its a preference but which is it culture or physical traits thats what the q is asking

• I choose a kit Kat over a three musketeers. Was the three musketeers marketing bad or anything? No. I just wanted a kit kat.

• I like your way of thinking. Couldn't agree more.

• date black people

• Why are u downvoted for dating us black guys? people can be such haters. :-P

• @Prof_Don lol my first crush was black... hahah actually he broke my heart! lol I like all races!

• Everyone is going to vary. But the answer is usually quite simple: you're attracted to who you are attracted to and nothing else really matters.

I'm a highly educated white woman who lives in an area where races are typically extremely segregated and in very different socio-economic classes. The chances of me dating a black man are vritually non-existant. We live in completely different worlds and have nothing in common.
    However in other places that I lived (college) I did date an was engaged to a black man. He was pursuing his masters in engineering. We come from very similar families (actually his is a lot more successful than mine) and we had a lot in common. I found him very attractive because he was a good kind man I had a lot in common with. And that's what it comes down to: not race per se.

• I'm not physically attracted to black people, that's just it, I can't find them sexually attractive. However I do have relatives and many great friends that are black (light to as dark as it gets). It's just the attraction part that I don't feel... Each one to their own tastes I guess haha

• You like what you like

• I don't really know if I hit in the group by I'm kind of "black" anyways race doesn't the issue.
    I really think most black girls don't date black men because of personal preferences. I know African American girls that wouldn't date African American men because they aren't interested in them. But then I know plenty of African americans that would because they're in love with everything to do with African culture and heritage. Personal choice.
    Me, I date who ever I want.

• None of the above. I just haven't so far... I would if he was Muslim.

• Your question is so very limited it its scope all I can assume is you lack any real social and dating experience. Personal preference is the answer but cannot possibly fit into the two simplistic and naive choices you list.

• But as in what or you simply don't know

• You are open to dating one are you not?

• Sure I could be. but I currently have a boyfriend so not now.

• in my opinion I am very emotionally, physically and sexually attracted to black men. most white men I try to talk to are dicks to me and usually just want to sext. yet my parents are against me dating black people so yeah. most people would agree chocolate tastes better than vanilla though, Am I right?

• If you talking about ice cream I prefer chocolate

• A lot of people, all, ALL, my white friends from high school were told not to date black dudes. So, I think for a lot of women, they become subconsciously inferior and never true potentials.

• I would not turn down a black man or woman based just on their race or physical features. The sub-culture I am not at all attracted to. That being said, I know plenty of black people who do not fit that stereotype at all and I would date them, if I were single and we had a connection.

• just not attracted to them.

• For me it's both.

• I know a black guy who only dates Japanese/ Asian girls. The other only dates white women, another one only black...
    Many black women don't even admit you date outside your own race, so I don't know, it seems to me black people are the ones being segregative.
    Plus, this day most guys who look nice aren't looking for a serious relationship. My black guy friend tells me that all the time 'guys aren't monogamous'.

• I would date a black guy if I liked him and he clicked with my own personality. Not to be stereotypical but I don't click with people who listen to hardcore rap and who talk in a way that makes them sound uneducated. I know plenty of black people who don't put me off, but nothing ever came of it since I'm so shy lol

• I honestly have not dated a black man because all of the black men I have met have wanted nothing but a "sugah mama". And I'm sorry but I refuse to financially support a grown ass man. Obviously not all black men are like this! However, its just the ones I met anyways. I'm actually extremely attracted to black men. So anyways, I just know what I deserve. And it isn't to be treated as a money bank.

• but would you be open to a black college graduate that is charming after your bad experiences?

• If we "clicked" then I don't see why not.

• I'm just not attracted to them. The same with short men.

What Guys Said 15

• Combination of following:

http://i.imgur.com/WAf25c8.jpg

1) Preference.

2) Negative media portrayal of black men as players and good for nothing fathers.

• As a black man, I get sick of this question. Who cares? They like what they like. I don't want to date someone who doesn't want to date me for any reason. If it's stereotypes: her loss. Physical features? Her loss. Who cares!

• where's the "other" option

this isn't an either or thing. for every person there is a reason they are either attracted to or not attracted to someone or some people.

• i hear you ! But I wanted to know about these two factors

• like the growing up bit falls under the physical attraction territory in the poll
      bad experience could have its own poll

• well for example I grew up in a largely white area. so it wasn't that I was not attracted to black women it was just that my experience led me to be attracted to white people for a long time. but it definitely wasn't that I found features on black women unattractive

• Lol it's funny but I respect them for their preferences. Us black men comes from all shades from ones that are black as the pavement to those who can almost pass for white. We all don't look alike, but to say you don't find not one black male attractive despite that is mind blowing. It's gotta be that fact that they're black makes them seem unattractive if it isn't physical features. You could have a mixed black and white dude for example Memphis Grizzles Forward Matt Barnes. Dude look straight up Hispanic, but damn if he mentions he actually isn't to someone he might wanna date. "Oh you're not Mexican, sorry honey I don't date blacks".

• I hear you! If you notice the poll its because of sub culture and all that negativity that's associated with it bad press unfortunately

• Yeah I saw it, it's whatever.

• If I was gay I'd totally date black guys. I don't care about silly social concepts like race.

• I think trying to understand why is irrelevant. There are enough people of all races who date outside their race that nobody should be salty about racial attractions.

• it doesn't cost anything to find out now

• But you're not going to find out anything you can use in real life. The only purpose it can serve is to judge people you've never met based on anecdotal evidence gathered from a case study on the Internet. It'll just end up giving you a racial gender prejudice. What good does that do you?

It could cost you part of your mind.

• Im getting a gist of the matter and that is enough for me its not a full blown scientific study so i think the answers here with a pinch of salt

• How many of these questions need to be asked?

I've seen like a thousand already in the last few days, and they are filled with women all answeing race doesn't matter and kissing up to nonwhite guys like robots programmed to do it lol

How much do you need your ego stroked and ass kissed :|

• While racially abusing white men...

• How come I've never seen you in any of the questions asked by non white girls regarding whether white guys are attracted to them or not? Just wondering.

• @MyUsernameRules Since i'm not an interracial dater, i have little to offer. But its these questions that affect me personally, since they are usually some kind of barely hidden racial superioty attack.

• Personal preference !!! It's that simple

• Having racial preference while dating is Racist.. Whether people want to admit it or not, it is what it is.

• Because black men are the race of guys that women believe every negative media propaganda and society portrayal without question.

• I'm white, so I don't know how well I can approach this issue, but to me it sounds like internalized racism.

• I vote D... it's against God.

• Can anyone say common sense?

• Bible better welcome to my question

• It could be one or the other or both. All legitimate, really.

• Most likely the culture. Sadly stereotypes are true to a degree and the black man gets a bad rap because of this.

• Oh and first hand experience from a lazy fat dude that mooches off his grandma is not the best source... just sayin.

• You like what you like...

• physical in that case

• No, any or all of the above. It's hard to peg people about their likes/dislikes. It could a combination of factors.

• I was going to make a 3rd poll but wanted to know the dominant factor