What does it mean when girlfriend always texts short answers?

I don't think there's anything wrong in the relationship? She makes the effort to text first when she falls asleep on me, she texts back fast, we have a great time together and she says she loves me etc. But I always make more of an effort when it comes to texting long thought out responses. I get 1 - 8 word responses consistantly. I always make sure to ask questions, make jokes, etc. What does this mean?

If I ever stopped putting forth constant effort to keep the conversation alive I don't think we would text at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• That she's a bad texter? Maybe just try calling her instead.

• I can't call her all day long, I have things to do myself. But when I don't text back she starts texting me stuff like "Hey" "are you there". A few times and then proceeds to call me if it's too long.

• Well I didn't suggest calling her all day long, just when you feel like the texting isn't going anywhere and you have the time to call instead.

Most Helpful Guy

• She could just suck at texting or not care for it. It doesn't necessarily mean that she doesn't love you.

What Girls Said 2

• It doesn't mean anything other than she's not into texting. As long as everything is ok when you're together in person, then don't be worrying about it.

• She gets angry with me if I don't text back, but it's annoying to constantly have the burden of carrying the entire conversation all the time every single day.

• I had a really cute relationship. I loved my boyfriend but actually I was shy so I didn't feel comfortable when texting him. When you talk, the words fade but texts stay forever and I used to feel really awkward as I read the conversations over and over.
    Or maybe she is just not a texting kinda person. Some people dont like it and you shouldn't take it personal

• She is constantly on her phone, texting her friends, facebook, instagram you name it. We have a very open relationship as we know each other very well and are comfortable with just about everything. But she hasn't shared that she doesn't like texting. In fact, I'm the one who hates texting and I've told her that and she gets upset.

• She cares about you. Thats why she texts you when you dont reply. You said you have an open relationship. So I think you should ask her why she replies very short.

What Guys Said 1

• It means she's a short texter.

• If I didn't constantly keep the conversation going, I swear we wouldn't even text. She always texts conversation enders like it just stops.

• That's who she is. She doesn't maintain textual conversations well.