Why are Indian guys unpopular with girls?

not all are, but they're very low regarded, sometimes even as an opposite sex friend. why is this? they work hard, and have certain interests (basketball, Halo, joining a frat).

10 companies have Indian CEOs. That is NOT a bad thing. So, why are Indians still unpopular?

Most Helpful Girl

• They're too forward and demanding most of the time. Instead of asking if you want to go out the tell you that they will. It's probably just a cultural thing but it's annoying.

• It's actually not a cultural thing, guys who do that are just plain rude that's all.

• And to me the majority of white women are promiscuous, have illegitimate children, live on welfare, do drugs, drink alcohol and smoke so to me the majority of white women are bad.

• @Shay1994 NO RACE WAR. just end this. each race has their flaws and pros. END OF DISCUSSION

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 23

• Indians on GAG ruined my whole impression of them. I'm sure there are normal Indians out there, but knowing that they can be SO weird and creepy sends shivers down my back.

• Ummm.. normal Indian here.. I get where you're coming from.. Indian men can be creepy and weird, but they are mostly uneducated, Bit it doesn't mean that the others don't deserve a chance..

• Not an excuse to be creepy but the percentage of creepy white guys is just as much out there but you don't see any girls judging them. And @Mgoods is right. You didn't say there were any normal Indians out there, you said "I'm sure" as in you're sure but you've never witnessed any normal Indian guys in your life or on GAG even though there are so many normal Indian guys here. That's hidden racism at it's finest because you're pretty much stating that the likelihood of guys being normal of certain races is very less likely than the others. Saying that guys of certain races are likely to send you shivers down your back just because of their race is also very racist. Difference between racists nowadays and non racists is racists are willing to use whatever excuses they look to put down people of certain and then act like they're not racist. They just go on with the stereotypes without thinking logically. This isn't the first question where I've noticed how racist you are MissNowhere.

• @MyUsernameRules Oh please. No need to make assumptions. I can name quite a few Indians on GAG that are normal guys and that I like. How am I still a racist? You just misunderstood me, I forgive you. 😊

• I look for common values and interest not race.

• I personally dislike the culture, religion and the accents aren't that great sounding. Sorry, Indians, but yours just doesn't have an appealing ring to me.

I also am not a huge fan of Indian food - I like it, but on occasion. I briefly lived with an Indian family and the smell of the food in the house was unbearable.

I couldn't be with someone I disliked on so many levels. Cultural and religious differences aren't things I'd want to deal with when in a relationship. I'd much rather be with someone of a similar background as myself.

I'm Russian and my boyfriend is English, so there's literally no adaptation required. I've developed a taste for some English foods, he's developed a taste for some Russian ones. That's pretty much it.

• as you can see op this girl has different taste in men but not everyone is like that. it depends on the girl. some like indian men and some don't.

• And I hate white people to and I also like to throw baseless generalizations about white women too so I guess we're even.

• @Springnok93

What baseless generalisations? I said I dislike the culture, religion and accents.

I'm not obligated to like any if it nor did I say I hated Indians.

Way to show how much of a whiney little bitch you are, lol.

• Depends, most of the time I'm not attracted to Indian men. Well , besides the facts that were already sited down (Creepy on Gag and other social media) they're not my favorite physically speaking, I prefer Pakistanis over Indians. I noticed that Muslim Indians tend to be lighter like the Bollywood actors and have more of a Caucasoid face, those Indians I might get attracted to (Punjabis for example, and yes not all Punjabis are Muslim).
    Culturally speaking, I like the music and clothes and some food, but the religion sometimes freaks me out (Hinduism), I totally respect it but some practices are WAY too different from what I know... For example throwing dead bodies in the Ganges River or the statues that represent the GODs kind of look like devils to me :s
    My lab partner is a Christian Indian and he's quite attractive and I really like him!!!
    In short I prefer lighter Indians and the ones from the upper class or the ones who live in Europe/North America and most generally they're Norther Indians and Muslim.

• Because of mainly media stereotypes and brainwashing. Same could be said about why white women are put on a pedastal or top of beauty standards when most are average or below plain Janes.

Then there's the cultural and religious differences which many can't handle so go for the easier option which is usually to stick to ones own race or someone whose close to it.

Many non white men such as Indians seek white women for relationships due to media bias and seeking a better richer lifestyle in western nations and casual sex. The promotion of white women to non white men is due to the elitist agendas of keeping white rule in the world.

• it's probably because of the broken English many of them speak and I don't know, I live in an Indian heavy populated city (I'm Indian myself) and lots of them tend to have really shitty gangster wannabe like attitudes and it makes so many of them come across as very unattractive. That's just me though, I can't speak for all women.

• Because they think they are unpopular! I am really tired of these question! SHUT UP MAN!

• Sometimes they are physically attractive and sometimes they aren't

Not that complicated

• The level of ignorance in the comments section of this post, is astounding.
    Personally, you are not undesirable to me, at all.

• May be it is because of the image spread by media and also to some extent attitude of Indian guys.

I live in Germany and I had a weird experience which I'll narrate here. We were a group of friends (many ethnicities.), the bouncers in the club asked all the Indian guys not to enter the club. When asked why they told "You guys don't know how to behave with women and also do not have right dressing sense." We Indian girls were a bit scared but still asked if we girls can enter and they said "why not? Obviously you can." However we didn't enter the club then. My guy friends really felt bad and it was racist too but what can be done?

So that is the one example of impression Indian men left in small part of Germany.

Most of the time I do not hear good stuff about Indian guys from girls of other ethnicities here.

• I got hit on by creepy old Indian nen while living in Köln... More than twice... sorry girl, but your men don't exactly seem to have the best Reputation in the world, and people often have good reasons based on past experiences. Mine, for examples, i was sitting in an ubahn when this guy who had been eyeing me the whole time sat next to me. Slowly, he pressed his thigh against mine. When i shot him a dirty look he went ahead and asked me where i'm from. I ignored him and looked away. He then "are you from Thailand?" See why i think he was so fucking creepy? He just didn't know where the lines are! I regretted not having slapped his fucking thigh that day. I met him again some years later, he is still a fan of me. Tried the exact same creepy shit again!

And many (not all) Indian men online are also basically like him. Inappropriate.

• White people are not even my people. And your attitude here just makes me hate your people more. You butthurt bunch of creeps. Read my explanation first, before you be so butthurt. And read what the opinion owner has to say. Read everything first, and THEN you have the right to fucking open your mouth. Get it?

• @Asker: Polizist is police and Bonn hbf is a train station in Bonn city.

• I don't have an answer to your question because I can't connect to that, I look at the individual as a person, not their race, I honestly am commenting on this after reading posts. . for the people whom are basing this off of gag and saying that Indians are creepy etc., you don't know if fhe person is really the background they are saying for all you know it's a troll account with a actual female or a white, black, Mexican or whatever race plausible using some random picture they found on the Internet to make them look bad. people like @handsomeraj prove that's not always true. for credibility I've Skype with him using video. he's a very caring person , I mean just like at his demeanor in his opinions.

• for me, that doesn't apply at all.

• well i dont know too many indians but the ones i met were just not the business. most are either really nerdy (it's not a bad thing to be so into your education and being smart is always a good thing, but its to the point where thats all they care about, they have no fashion sense, and they are just weird socially) and then i knew this other guy ughhhhhh he was soo annoying he was like a wana be black guy and he would just try waaay too hard to be cool. like he'd walk around chewing gum hella loud i dont know why? and he'd say things like "yo dawg" (in like 2014!) and he went to a party ones and talked about it ALLLL day after, like he told eeeeveryone about how "crazy" it was,, even a teacher! (this was my senior year of high school) and then me and this guy joked around about how he probably had his first beer. but then we heard him say from across the room, "i was the only sober one there!!" and he would try to make racist jokes but he sounded dumb. he was just tooooo much.

• i guess it has something to do with their attitude

• They are just too predictable as perceived by people in general.

• Basically what i said on nocluefrau's opinion lol too lazy zo type again

• I know I can't change the perceptions of Indian guys in other people's minds and that's why I stopped responding to these kinds of posts a long ago since I've noticed that almost above 95% users here are ignorants and believe in generalization.
      I'm glad that you're not one of them.

• @dantesparda i'm also Glad that you're not one of those creeps who bring shame to your country. Maybe if your people change the mentality, things will change

• I have observed this trend on GAG and wanna know the reason too!

• based on looks and indian guys aren't exactly manly

• what about the ones who are?

• Indian guys can be very sweet and polite. In fact as a cultural stereotype Indian people are associated with customer service - which is definitely not the worst stereotype out there. One of my most favorite spiritual trachers is Deepak Chopra.
    I have dated some Indian men and here is the deal... And I'm gong to probably sound rude.. My experience with Indian guys is that they are kind of not that sexy in their behavior... At least from the perspective of western culture.
    It's the clash of traditional values, family importance and lots of horniness, mixed with defensive attitude they develop towards what they see as their own shortcomings. It also seems that a lot of Indians eat wrong and don't exercise as much as white, mixed race and black guys, which puts them at a disadvantage. I don't think Indian people have ever been known for standards of physical fitness.
    All of the avove are just stereotypes, though. If you are Indian, you can totally get ripped and be smooth with ladies - you just need to believe in your own attractiveness and value - everyone else will follow.

• look, every culture has its positive and negative stereotypes. for indian men, theyre just not known for being lovers like latin men for example. also i wouldn't say indian culture is that centered around looks, whereas for some cultures looks are a big deal. indian men are positively known for their education and loyalty though.

the best way to rise above stereotypes is to forget them and realize you're one person and will represent yourself. be the best version of yourself and do whats ideal in the dating field to get a fair shot at the kinda ladies you want. you will do well if you want.

• Some of them are very cute, but lots of them are really perverts :(

• I hardly know any Indian men, so I'm sure they're are some wonderful guys. I really love the character in the "Marigold Hotel" movies, for example. But I've only been to a club 2-3 times and have been groped by Indian men twice at a club and not by any other race of men. So I do wonder if there's some truth to the notion that they're more physically forward.

• Don't like curry.

What Guys Said 18

• Because they creep chicks out, or so I've been told

• how exactly?

• Well because men in their culture are sexually repressed so they become over zealous and push girls to bang them or have sex or send sexy photos. Pretty creepy for most chicks i imagine.

• The reality is India has like 1 billion people there and on top of that its a third world country. Its expected their manners and look won't always be up to par with what we think is desireable.

Besides all that you can't take anything away from them. The food has a strong scent but also has many herbs and spices that are extremely beneficial for the human body. Yoga is practiced by everyone these days. Bollywood is the second biggest entertainment production centre in the world after hollywood. There are so many educated smart people from there. Next time someone you love gets sick, remember there is probably one indian doctor that had a hand in saving your loved ones life

Hinduism is one of the oldest surviving religions around. Their spiritual sense and awareness of the world around us is legendary.

If everyone was blind I wonder who would be praised the most... our society focuses too much on phsycial attributes these days

Just an attempt to balance some of the negative comments here

• Accent, face, culture, smell.

• Good job man on not being racist at all...

• I'm not arguing with you, but you could have worded that differently, cause your previous comment does sound racist.

• @Shay1994 You being self-conscious and sensitive isn't my problem. You also just assumed that the answer I provided is my own personal opinion and not just the opinion of women foreign to India and South Asia itself, so conversely you could have worded your statement better innit.

• Wow.. I don't know if I feel offended or just sad, that the opinions on Indians are so negative.. makes me really sad..

• we are the best looking men in the world and other guys are jealous and intimidated by what tall, dark and handsome hunks we all are without working towards it

• A few of them are really not yet civilized. They spoil it for the others.

• I'm proud to be an Indian!! What you think is not properly right.
    Sometimes we meet with inhuman being in world though.

• I guess i'm a fortunate Indian, then. Except maybe i don't look drop dead handsome, just ok, none of the other reasons seem to fit me. And yes, i'm popular wid galz :)

• So only thing I don't like about India is the caste system

• I'm sure it is outdated (at least the Indians I met do not care about it. I am Indian, and even that is irrelevalent in my life)

• Who knows, man? Women are odd.

• Just stereotypes and what not.

• to which scenario dude.. outside india

• If I was a girl and an Indian guy flirts with me with a hard Indian accent... I'd probably run away

• I think you need to correct yourself and say "why are Indian guys unpopular with *white girls*" You can get plenty of women from your own race, just go to India and you will see a country populated entirely by relationships between 2 Indian people. You are just salty that white women dont like you, maybe you should give up on them? You ever think of that? They aren't that great, not any better then other races of women, if they dont like you then dont go for them, go for someone else or another group, like Indians, I'm sure they will like you.

• What about Asians and Latinas?

• Other Asians don't seem to like south Asians as well, as my observation and personal experience have told me.

• This is pretty racist

• Yes, but is true at times

• How though Im attracted to white girls and a Indian came in with this really cute white girl that was his girlfriend

• Many of them chase after white women/white guys or Indian mostlly. The real question being asked her is

"Why are Indian guys unpopular with WHITE girls?"

The answer: Because most of these girls know your only interested in them for their skin color and that stupid caste system of yours.

• 1. The caste system is irrelevalent.

2. What about Asians and Latinas?

• 2. Latinas look very close to indian girls sometimes so not much a stretch and Asians again. Light skin. Caste systems. Indians may not outwardly practice caste system, but it's still ingrained in your culture and mentality. Just look at all those commercials you guys have of someone life being remarkably better if they use skin lighteners, or how about racism of African immigrants in your country, then factor in how all your beauty models just happen to be Brahmin. Yeah you guys totally aren't obsessed with white skin.

• They are not well educated

• 10 Companies have Indian CEOS. Google and Microsoft included

• Because majority are just not good looking.