Is 15 to 18 too big of an age difference?

Just wondering peoples... 😂

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. I can say I probably changed a good half or more of my personality, body, lifestyle, etc. by the time I was 18.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really considering it's only 3 years... But at the same time it is because you're young. You're either a Freshmen or a Sophomore and he's a Senior.

It's only going to comoliment things. He could be using you , hopefully he's more mature than you, and then not to mention he's going to be leaving you and off to college.

So in the end it's up to you and your parents but it's better to not bite off more than you can chew. It won't make a difference in a couple of years but while going through puberty/maturing it will.

• I went through all my physical changes last year and crap. I've also know the guy since I was 10. He is a family friend. He comes to all our parties. He also isn't going to use me. Right now he has been to shy to make a move well he tries to make small moves.

• Oh wow... Well in that case go for it. I mean your parents will clearly accept and he's obviously into you. So go get your man! 😉

Lol

• Thanks! 😊😊

What Guys Said 16

• Okay. Age differences matter less than life experiences... Its completely concievable for a 50 year old to be at the same place in their life as a 80 year old (retired, kids grown up and moved away, just want to settle down etc etc). Naturally the age range with comparable experiences drops as you get younger. A 21 year old and a 25 year old will have more in common than a 20 year old and a 16 year old. You follow?
    An 18 year old has finished manditory education. And is either looking at higher ed, or work. Either way they are an adult looking at adult problems like paying the rent and buying food. A 15 year old is a teenager. They need to worry about school, homework, hobbies/afterschool clubs and school yard politics. Its too big a gap.

• That was the ages of my parents when they met.

• WAY in my opinion it'sWAY too big: you're 15, he's 33
    Completely different responsibilities, life, independence past experience, financial means, work situation. He may have a child your age (with a baby mother and and ex)
    A slanted relationship thus.

• You read it wrong. I'm 15 he is 18. Lol you're the second person to d this.

• I found it funny that you are the second person to do this. I'm so glad ya care :)

• Tthe way your question is worded it can be understood in two ways: a 3 yr agedifference or a difference ranging from 15 years difference to 18 years difference.

• No. filler filler

• yea I would never do that

• i wouldn't let my 15 yo date anybody till she was in her 30's

#OverProtective

• For a teen it is certainly a bit too big, due to even more important factors, namely maturity and different life stages. At 18 he is in a transition from teen to adult, learning to take the work and responsibilities a grown-up has to do, like earning a living, getting a job or into college, and surviving in the society, while at 15 life does not get far from school and other respective cliques and groups. The mentality and daily schedules are a lot different between you two. It will be hard for you to cope with each others' lives.
    The age range widens at adulthood, but for now it safer to go for someone no more than a year's age difference since than minimizes the differences I mentioned.

• Noppe, but when he goes off to college you two will be in very different stages in your lives

• divide by 2 add 7 for the guy that is

• Oh. Cool. Judging my your xper I'm guessing your new. WELCOME TO GAG!

• thanks but ya that's what the normal thing would be but to be honest if the girl doesn't mind nor does the guy then its fine as long as its not toooooo big of an difference

• It's a big difference, too big for me. He'll be out of high school soon, and you'll still have three years to go. I generally don't like the idea of high school students dating people out of school. Maybe 17/18 or 18/19 but no more than that.

• No, it's not, but more than 20 years is too big difference.

• nope, I think its just fine

• 15 year olds too immature.

18 year old can easily take advantage of you

• Nope nope nope. He is not getting anything from me. Maybe a kiss.

• The fact that you think I just mean sexually sort of reinforces my point. Just be smart. At this age even one year Is a massive difference. Compare the you now to when you were 12 years old. See my point? Tread carefully.

• Okay. Thanks you.

• Naaahhh
    Just give him/her a big big kiss : D

• haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa h

• No. Love is love.

What Girls Said 11

• Yes it is and creepy due to your age.

Dude your 15 please don't go crazy overboard.
    4.bp.blogspot.com/.../...bc12ec07d947c8877bfe7.gif

• Well who ever ur wanting to hook up with that is in that age gap is going to jail.

• Oh okay. lol 😂😂 I was so confused! I was like were is she getting 30 from!! 😂😂😂

• :D naw that isn't a huge age gap. Only issue i would see is that once he starts college he might want to date college women or something. Still it could still work out.

• Yeah i don't think so!

• Well... seeing as how you're a minor and he isn't, you're breaking the law.
    If you're okay with the potential consequences if you have sex (statutory rape), then by all means go ahead.

My 15 year old sister thinks she's mature enough to date seniors.
    I always tell her she's not ready and has no idea what she's doing with her life, while the senior typically has more concrete plans (already has a college he/she is planning to attend, or a trade school or what not)

Every time she ignores me and gets screwed over.
    I have a feeling this will be the same thing.

The funny thing about advice is that the person rarely wants to know what others think, they just want affirmation that their opinion is correct.

That's how I feel about all highschoolers that ask for opinions... whether that's right or wrong, you decide.

• The age difference isn't a problem the fact that there's an adult involved with a minor might be but 3 years isn't that bad at all.

• If you're talking about age difference in a relationship then YES that is one hell of an age difference

• No. My first boyfriend was 18 while I was 15. You're young, so your dating situation is probably going to be fluid. Just try to be cautious and look out for yourself first.

• Absolutely.

• Why or why not?

• It's huge because you're just starting to really become a teenager and he's just becoming a man. You're a child. It's legal so do what you want but I think he's disgusting for considering it

• No a good friend of mine also had a boyfriend who was 18 and she's 15 (now 16). They stayed together for quite some time. I think it's fine.

• It's not that big an age different, but I advise you to wait until you're 16 to do anything sexual since it most states 16 is the legal age of consent.

• Kinda weird a senior would be creeping on a 15 year old, but maybe it's just me.

• Nah. I've know him for forever. Are family are friends too.

• Oh you're interested in him/he's interested in you.
      Hmm, just saying, just cause you've known the guy for forever and your family knows his family doesn't make it more right or less right.

• Yes it's too big of an age gap for dating.