Are girls who go clubbing girlfriend material?

If read a lot of post where guys claim girls who go clubbing are not girlfriend material. I think that's a load of BS! I love to go clubbing, I like having a good time with my friends, that does not mean I get wasted AF or is all over every single guy, making out with a different guy every night. I don't even pay attention to anyone except the people I am with. I can then say that guys who play video games is not dating material? But I won't, because I won't judge whether someone is boyfriend material based on something he likes doing that I might not. (I LOVE Video games, is just an example). I'll base that on how he treats me and whether he respects me and I can have fun with him.

I would like to know why a girl is not girlfriend material is she likes going out to a club?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't mind if a girl goes out clubbing, she will lose the "girlfriend material" status if she likes to get wasted, twerks on every guy, makes out with several guys, and ends up going home with at least one every time she's out clubbing. I don't like that type of attitude on a girl I wanna make my girlfriend.
    But if she's just there to dance with some friends, meet new people, and have a few drinks, then I'm totally fine with that.

I think most guys here when they say a girl that goes clubbing isn't girlfriend material, imagine the first scenario, the wasted easy/promiscuous girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• The people who say that have probably never even set foot in a nightclub. I mean, they seem to think that nightclubs are these dens of rampant iniquity and bacchanalia. Good little girls enter them, and, by last call, they've turned into promiscuous slutty slutfaces.

I mean, they actually seem to think that. For real.

__

Girl, you and I know that a club is just a place to go hang out, and then leave with the same friends you went with. The only differences are, there's cool music and screen shows, we get to dress proportionally more awesome, and it's actually socially acceptable to TALK IN OUR OUTSIDE VOICES like I do all the time, all day, every day anyway. LOL
    Right?
    Clubs are places to get all dressed up, and hang out with yr friends, and dance a little bit, and make awkward decisions about "100% certain pain of wearing heels all night vs. 20% chance of stepping on glass if barefoot". They're fun.

Sure, sometimes people get drunk and make poor life decisions, but, that doesn't happen any more often than it does anywhere else.

In fact, tbh it probably happens less often.
    I mean, I can't speak for all women, but, when I was your age and single? When I'd get all dolled up and dressed up, my standards would go way the hell up right along with all that stuff. Way less likely to hook up with random boys, I was. You'd have had a better chance at me if you'd met me in the grocery store.
    Ya know?

__

Don't listen to the haters. They're just being ignorant haters.

When my daddy'll take our kids for the night, my husband and I STILL go clubbing, and we're ≈twice yr age. Yep, I'm just not wife material. <3

• I totally love your answer. I was latterly reading this and nodding my head in agreement with every thing you said. My parents raised someone with standards and I know my own self worth and respect myself. A guy will have to be damn lucky if I say one word to him if he's a stranger.

• Tx for MHLuv <3

What Guys Said 36

• Guys who also like to go clubbing would probably consider them relationship material but personally I dont.

Im not going to date whose idea of a good time is to get shit faced drunk and grind her ass on a strangers dick.

As an introvert our interest/personalitjes are incomoatible, also I do think girls who ho clubbing are on average more promiscuous than girls who dont and I do think they are more likely to cheat. So iverall I wouldn't feel comfotable gettjng seriously involved with a party girl.

• I get it, girls with a more outgoing personality are more risky, and everybody have their own taste in the type of people they date.

• @jb12358
      isn't getting drunk and grinding (dryhumping) pretty much standard at most clubs?

• Ehm.. No

• YAAASSSS

This website is full of asperger basement dwellers with halo n pizza stains, so disregard them since their opinion doesn't count. Post-uni nightclubs are fantastic to meet people. Dancing is fun and u can have an assurance that mostly/only fun people go there (except the weird dudes ofc, but they way noticeable). I met my girlfriend at a club

• Lol just everyday people here bro

• @UtopianLobotomy oh ya we've talked. You are very jaded and bitter about women. Which is unfortunate that things happened in your life.

• We probably have talked on here, yeah I'm not bitter with women thanks a huge generalization, I'm more bitter with myself and the world's power elite social engineers. I've been an ass in the past - and I've made stupid decisions, but I'm worried about the kids, I just want to help people not make the same mistakes I and people I know have. When the government / or someone else besides dad steps in and becomes dad to kids today its a losing situation that is sad, no one wins.

• I'm not going to say they aren't but you won't find people like you around here we don't have *clubbers* here, used to though.

But I can see why people wouldn't want to be with clubbing girls, dancing around with lots of strange people (mostly guys) and drinking, easy to fall off the wagon and not be trustworthy and party girls aren't good for people who don't want that kind of life style.

• they certainly can be. i mean unless they are in the club acting promiscuous then it may be an issue but just going to a club a lot doesn't mean they can't be girlfriend material

• You are certainly girlfriend material. Nothing wrong with partying, I do that occasionally as well.

But girls who 'sleep around' in the name of partying, are the ones who aren't girlfriend material.

• I get that... no guy wants to date a drunk-slutty girlfriend. I guess the whole statement just upset me because I know I am one hell of a great girlfriend even if I do like clubbing.

• I can understand. It has happened to me as well, in a different way. I don't fit into the societal norms because I don't smoke, don't drink alcohol and am a vegetarian, although I would never impose my choices on a potential partner. Due to this, most people write me off because they think I'm a 'boring' person, without knowing that my lifestyle choices have nothing to do with how interesting or boring I am. :(

• You can go to clubs and still be girlfriend material. I think the guys that say such statements are talking about the girls behavior in clubs and other social events. I remember when I would go to clubs there were women that would get so drunk and they would act so annoying. For example, they would start cursing at guys if you accidentally bump into them, start making out with women and men, and dance like strippers. There are many women, especially young women, that feel that they can act like annoying bitches when they are 18-23 and feel like they deserve serious and responsible men when they are 25. So what those guys are saying is that if you ate going to act like an annoying bitch when you are young you should not demand a serious mature guy when you are close to being 30.

• Ya... just because you go clubbing doesn't mean you're not girlfriend material. Not having control of your life, makes you non-relationship material.

• The most important thing in a relationship is trust, says every study, magazine and TV show.
    Guys don't trust a girl who goes to a club, drinks and dances.

• Girls don't trust guys that goes... well... anywhere. If a person wants to cheat, they'll find a way, they don't need to go to a club to do that. And about the drinking and dancing, it seems like girls are not allowed to let their hair down every once in a while. I just think it's a double standard, and I really don't like it. I do not have the personality that I want to impress everyone and come across as something that I am not. If someone does not accept me the way I am, I'll hold the door for them on their way out.

• And I'm sure that most guys are leaving at some point.

• LOL... You sure know nothing.

• I agree. People always stereotype people or put them into categories or label them. Its all bullshit and you dont really know someone until you get to know them.

• I don't say that. I'm not a partier though so we might be fundamentally different on that level. I don't really dance or drink or anything like that. I wouldn't reject a woman who enjoys clubbing.

• That's a ridiculous notion. The guys who say this are shining examples of insecure immaturity. A girl is certainly girlfriend material whether she clubs or not.

• ... yeah, I can see why people would make that generalization. I can't really comprehend the people who do enjoy that kind of thing, at all. The whole concept reviles me. So many unknown, untrustworthy, intoxicated people, loud music that you don't even like... Ugh.

• and then we are blamed because we dont really want to date such girls... go figure

• I think it's just a difference in taste. I, in fact, love the music and the whole scene, and I go with a lot of friends so it's not that I'm ever really associating with other people, except if it is someone my friends know.

• A good majority of them would definitely not be.

It depends on how often.
    If they go because a lot of friends go.
    And what their intentions are when they go.

• Oh just say 'screw you' to all those dorky losers who are bitter and resentfull because they were rejected their whole lifes and thought they found their 'outcast paradise' here in GaG.

Certainly, they mistook it for Sluthate, Redpill or some stupid shit like that.

• They are out learning how to have fun and sowing their wild oats so they can settle down with you. Go for them. They are the wildest ones around. They will teach u!

• i think they mean a club is not the ideal place to meet your future girfriend. at

• of course they are! no reason why a girl shouldn't go clubbing, nothing wrong with it.

• Sure! As long as she lives an otherwise balanced life and not in debt over it. She would also have to be fine with me going down to Atlantic city with my friends for guys night every now in then.

• Who says girlfriend material can't have fun?

• Why are you mad? yes guys would rather avoid girls who go clubbing , its not exactly ladylike and most of these girls end up doing regretful things, i personally would never date a girl who goes clubbing , i've heard lots of stories, dozens of stories of what girls do and dont do at clubs and let me tell you this , it is not any guys dream.

No need to be mad if you like clubbing then for the most part , Do it no one can stop you , but yes men do not like dating girls who go clubbing.

• People only tell the negative stories about girls who act slutty because those are the juicy stories to tell. If clubbing is not very ladylike, then I guess I am not a lady, but I'd rather be unladylike and enjoy my life, than be the proper lady who does nothing except what society expects of her.

• I don't mind that you have a different standard from me... I just don't like that you have this great believe that every girl who is out going is some sort of slut.. because it's not true. But anyway, I'm done with this conversation. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

• you're welcome i have my opinions and you have yours

• They definitely are for me

• There's a difference between "girls who go clubbing" and "club girls"
    Girls who go clubbing can be girlfriend material
    Club girls are not...

• Of course they are, I would say that the guys who say that they aren't are actually the ones who aren't boyfriend material.

• girls who are clubbing much aren't wifey material for me because they often seem to be loose. but everyones opinion is different so..

• I get that some girls become loose when they go out... but hey, there are two different kinds of girls in this world... those who go out to have a great time with their friends and those who go out to pick up guys... unfortunately most of the stories that repeated after a night out are about the girls who went home with the guys.

• Depends

• Those are the only reasons girls go to those clubs

• You go to night clubs for one night stands... you dont meet the love of your life in a club : got your answer?

• I never considered a club rat to be anything but a skank.

• depends how often

more than one a month is too much in my opinion

• Not to me. I don't drink or grind dance.

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 11

• Here's to having an open mind! :D

I completely agree with you. Women who go clubbing are just as good of dating material as anyone else. Just because someone enjoys dancing with their friends, doesn't mean they get super wasted and go home with everyone they see.

What make someone dating material is that they exist. There is a lid for every pot (has anyone else heard this analogy?) I really like that analogy. Because I feel like it rings true.

Even serial murderers in prison get married. So no one can tell me that it's impossible for a girl who loves clubbing to find a boyfriend or even a husband if that's what she wants or a girlfriend.

I feel like the only people who say that either aren't compatible with that type of person or have a closed mind.

It's okay to not want a girlfriend who clubs. Someone who clubs would be a better match for someone else who likes to go out. To me that seems reasonable.

• God forbid women be seen in public without a chaperone. Whatever is this world coming to?

You mean to tell me you have left your house without a guardian after DARK? The scandal!

You're absolutely ruined now, my dear. Good luck finding a husband to take you off of your parents' hands.

-the largest of the eyerolls-

• lol! I'm pretty sure u can go to clubs and still be girlfriend material. i reckon as long as u aren't coming off as easy u should b fine.

• Don't worry. I don't think its an IF factor.

• Im not really into the club scene anymore but that's an absurd claim. My opinion is only married women are not girlfriend material.

• I don't really do the club scene anymore, but yeah I don't get why people say that either. I enjoy dancing and that's why I used to go. It's fun.

• If that is true then how come snook is married and she had boyfriends while clubbing and jwoww the same way

• In relation to her spending time around other men perhaps? Or a reference to not spending the time with a partner instead?

The writer could have been an introvert.

I don't agree with the concept that a clubbing girl is not girlfriend material, those were just guess of what they may have meant.

• That makes sense. But I know myself, and when in a relationship I most definitely tune down on the clubbing, but when I do go out, my boyfriend will always come along and he doesn't even have to worry about other guys because he knows that I don't socialize with guys in a club.

• Its just bloody stupid stereotype thats all

• aren't they girlfriend material for guys who go clubbing? they can go together lol

• It depends on the person. I was in a relationship for almost 5 years but I still went clubbing with or without my boyfriend