Should I be worried if my boyfriend hasn't mentioned anything regarding Valentine's Day?

He got me a gift last year but it seems odd that he has not said one word about it. Is this something I should worry about or am I being petty?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No don't worry about it. Valentines day is overrated anyway.

What Guys Said 6

• Sorry, most guys don't like, don't care and would rather forget v-day even exists. It is just a day for women to be worshipped and most guys get little to nothing in return. This doesn't he isn't planning something. Don't be mad because he hasn't said anything yet, it is still a week away, so in that regard you are being petty.

• gonna have to disagree w/ you here bud. unless plans to avoid were discussed prior, it's flat out inconsiderate to flat out ignore Valentine's day. even if the guy doesn't agree w/ it, he's gotta remember his girlfriend has her own views.

wow 1 day of the year.. wow.. fuckin hell.

• @orphan I treat my wife like a queen all year long, bud!

• "oh, we celebrate our love everyday. no need for Valentine's day to force us to go out to dinner. we got out to dinner everyday because i treat her like a queen; everyday"

• I'm of the opinion that I dont' need a made up holiday to show my girl I love her. So yes, on that level, a little petty.

But if V-Day is really important to you, you should speak up.
    He can't fulfill your needs if you don't tell him what they are.

• He's just not a materialistic. As in other than things of real value he would rather save money.

• Consider the possibility of a surprise. You know him better than any of us so you know best what can you expect.

• Why does he owe you anything?

That's what's wrong with women nowadays: Entitlement.

Thinking back, we shoulda never given women any rights. You're ruining our modern day society.

• So then why do women have to owe men anything either? Just because a man is being nice to a woman does not mean he is entitled to a date or a relationship.

That's what's wrong with the world nowadays: entitlement.

I'd expect some decency from a 49 year old, really. Men never cease to amaze me tsk tsk.

• Man you must have been hurt by some nasty women to have an attitude like that...

• Nope its just a commercial holiday

What Girls Said 6

• No, I wouldn't worry about it. I mean if he ends up not really doing anything for it, would you really be bummed?

• Why is it such a big deal?

• Should have mentioned I'm in a LDR and we never send each other gifts. We last saw each other 4 months ago. Thought V-Day would've been a "holiday" we can celebrate given our situation.

• ohh we are so gonna be best friends! hahah!

• Ahhh yes! Haha

• A surprise should be just that.. A Surprise.

• He is probably gonna surprise you

• maybe he's gonna surprise you!

• Maybe you should do something if you are worried about him not planning anything... or stop caring about a day made up to extract money from people. You know it's a load of shit don't you? I really do feel sorry for men on this stupid day. Such expectations placed in them for the sake of making card and flower companies rich. Wake up and stop caring, he obviously loves you if he's still with you.

• And I don't doubt that he does? I'm in a LDR so we don't celebrate or spend time with each other like normal couples do on a daily basis. I'm not *demanding* material items if that's what you're implying

• Why don't you make him one instead? Do you have any photos of you together? Making something is so much more thoughtful.

• You're absolutely right! I have a couple pictures of us that I can put together. Thank you!