Do women still appreciate chivalry?

• Yes I love it
  • No it doesn't bother me

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes would love to see chivalrous men, seems so rare today cuz of all these feminists pushing their agenda and suppressing men to be men.

• Do you think that confuses guys to think twice because he could be labeled sexist by some women?

• Lol there are but rare, you need to find a traditional girl. just make sure when u find someone ask them their values, their perspective on gender roles or something related to this topic and that will probably help you weed out girls faster.

• That is really good advice , thank you

What Girls Said 16

• omg yes please far out.

• yes.. :)

• Yes, it's always shocking ! And actually it puts a pep in my step that day. Its appreciated and I also try to practice it as well.

• Yes! There is a difference between being a gentleman and being sexist. Holding a door or giving your jacket is sweet as long as you aren't expecting her to "stay in the kitchen" and be submissive all thr time. I personally am somewhat of a tomboy. I love carpentry and cars and I play baseball and stuff but I still like being treated like a lady

• I love it, it's a +100 in my book.

• Yes. its REALLY great when a guy is polite, and old school. cause the men in this generation are crap... at least SOME of them

• I admire it but I live here in progressive New York so its not seen that often. Its just not required up here. But when it happens I very much appreciate it. Yes.

• The biological stuff is nonsense but sensibly chivalrous acts are still the norm, as long as its nothing patronising. I love it when a man is chivalrous! It shows all his attention is on me and, soppy as it sounds, I feel special :D Feminism is about equality so men don't have to be chivalrous and women can be chivalrous if they and their partners want that - radical feminism is the more extreme version.

• What ever happened to common sense? Why do people rely on others to think for them?

• Different women want different things - the women your talking about seem to have strong opinions and are loud about them. I certainly wouldn't agree with everything some people might say you need in order to be feminist but I'd still consider myself feminist and like I said I love chivalry! For me feminism is all about equality for women and men, not about women taking over the roles of men. I read an article about the phrase "a woman can have it all" and it sounds exhausting. I respect anyone who tries it but I wouldn't want a full-time job on top of taking care of everything at home, having kids and having a social life. There'd be no time left to actually sleep!

• You sound pretty cool. But these days it is so hard for guys to know what to say or do because you now have women who are on both sides of the spectrum

• Yes.

• I love it. The girls who don't just don't like being treated right.

• So if I showed up at your house for a date with roses, opens the car door and pay for the date you'll like that?

• I feel like its becoming harder to date these days because of things like that.

• Yes it is.

• i very much appreciate it

• I appreciate it a lot :) I feel like it doesn't happen often enough

• Very much appreciated :)

• I don't know about all women, but I do.

• Yes.

• I love it. Shows he was raised well. :)

What Guys Said 11

• I think most women do.

• I'm witnessing more women reacting negatively to it, which is why I no longer hold doors open for them to avoid being accused of 'oppressing' them.

• You encounter women who complain about that? Wow...

• @SilenRose the only girls that respond well to being really nice and gentleman are the really quiet ones that dont even dare to say hi cause they are shy about it, if you're nice to them you win their heart as for the rest of girls sadly being nice is not a good strategy, if a girl suspects even once that guys find her attractive she will treat them differently and getting to her will be much harder, i knew a girl like that once, she was sweet, nice and caring but then we dated and more guys started expressing interest in her and within a month or two she became a completley different person, i a bitch (pardon my language) which left no choice but to be an ass to her which worked, i employ the tactic with all girls and iam not exagerating if i say it works 8 out of 10 times , being nice is crucial to making girls comfy around you and about approaching you but that attitude of not caring and having better things to do and being uncontrolable is what gets you the girl.

• @CoolSky01 Well I can't speak for those girls but that doesn't work on me. :/ I only like the nice gentleman types. Their actions melt my heart. I wish you and everyone else luck in the dating world though.

• Yeah, but I'm just me. Chivalry or not. I don't think about it.

• Yes, they do.
    Seriously the only people who say chivalry is dead cause women don't appreciate it are online.

• No in today's world it's expected not appreciated. Also many over the top feminists say that it's sexist claiming that women are capable of doing things themselfs.

• Only the loser bitter ones dislike it. I've never met a girl in real life that dislikes chivalry.

• Chivalry is benevolent sexism, but some people like being given special treatment.

• No, they either think its sexist, cheesy, or that they don't deserve it.

and...

The last of which is true 99% of the time.

so fuck it

• I'm sure they do appreciate it, just like I appreciate a nice pedi/manicure every day after college, with a nice, hot cup of cocoa with marshmallows on top.

• I doubt it very seriously

• they appreciate it but if you are not a dick somehow it means shit, dont mix the two my friend, appreciating and actually dating you are very different.