Ladies, do you follow Robin Scherbatsky's "I don't shave, I must behave" rule? And men, do you even care if a lady doesn't shave?

This is based on season 3 episode 3 of HIMYM.

Basically, you don't shave your legs to prevent yourself from boning a guy too soon.
Do any ladies here do this?
Guys, do you even care? Or still dtf? Haha
Guys, do you have your own version like maybe you don't carry condoms for the first 3 dates or however long you wait?
This isn't meant to be a controversial question, just a silly one (yet they somehow spark debates still lol).

Personally, I don't do it consciously, or on purpose I should say, I'm just too lazy to shave/wax my legs if I'm not gonna show them off or get laid. Tmi? Oopsie!
It's been a while for me lol
*WARNING
*SHIELD YOUR EYES!

When people ask me how long I've been single, I don't measure it in units of time, I use instead length of leg hair lmao.
Ladies, do you follow Robin Scherbatsky's

• Yes, I follow the "don't shave, must behave rule"
  • No, I don't follow that rule and have sex on first dates or am pretty much dtf if I feel it.
  • I don't care. I'll still have sex with hairy legs/bone a chick with hairy legs. Welcome to the jungle!
  • I'm a guy and do care, I won't have sex with a Chewbacca legged woman.
Yes, those are my legs in the pics! Haha, the before, I hadn't shaved since like October. Sorry to taint your eyes.

And why aren't women answering? Lol women are not so helpful in this site :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Um hairy legs might not stop me at the time but I'll deff remember them. So if it was a one nighter I might be a little wary to initiate anything next time. If I was dating her I'll give her a pass. As for the guy version, I don't usually carry condoms with me unless I'm dating. Orrrr if I'm going to a party place like Vegas or somewhere in Mexico. But that's only sometimes. Cuz drunk me has lower standards so that's why I won't pack a condom on purpose. Cuz even drunk me knows not to raw dog it with a stranger.

• "Cuz drunk me has lower standards so that's why I won't pack a condom on purpose."
      LMAO! You and every other person :p

"Cuz even drunk me knows not to raw dog it with a stranger."
      This is where your wisdom comes in, not many people are like this! Nice :)

So if it was a girlfriend, you guys were starting to get serious, and it was gonna be your first time with her, and her legs were as hairy as the first pic, would you tell her something about it for next time? Lol
      Those are my legs, I'm kinda proud of how long I went without shaving/waxing :p

• I wouldn't say anything to be honest. I'd probably assume she'd shave next time.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not even that bad! Lol girl please I don't shave to stand up to the media!

What Guys Said 28

• "Guys, do you even care? Or still dtf? Haha"
    Your leg hair won't stop me. If you have leg hair, I'll fuck you and then dump you. If you don't have leg hair, I'll continue dating you.
    *JK* - If you're a good girl, I'll hope next time you'll shave, but if you won't, this time I'll dump you after humping you.

"Guys, do you have your own version like maybe you don't carry condoms for the first 3 dates or however long you wait?"
    I date ONLY the women I'm interested to have sex with, so I don't see a point in waiting. Once I decided to have sex with a girl after marriage because I loved her so much, but then she passed away. So, I decided to not to wait for anyone anymore.

• I would not let hairy legs chase me off. She would not even need to shave once she realized things were developing, though I guess I would prefer it.

• It really doesn't matter to me at all. I suspect coming from an older generation before women used to shave their pussies or wax just trim the hair a little then iam more used to it.
    It's a very modern vogue to shave pussy its come about with the advent of porn going main stream.
    I really don't mind hair on a pussy. If a woman wants you intimately then how she chooses to present her pussy to you is her business. Iam simply thrilled she wants me to enjoy it.
    As for legs and even armpit hair I guess iam just one of those guys who isn't to gain about how she looks its the woman as a whole i see her body and mind are what makes a woman sexy not just the removal of some hair.

• if im at the brink of putting some P in V then a little hair on her legs ain't gonna stop me

• Lol I like this rhyme! :p

Would this much hair bother you like the first pic? Because that was much more than a little! >_<
      I'm kinda proud of that, 4-5 months worth of hair :p

• i can dig it ;)

• I've heard of this concept, but it wasn't the legs, I was their hoo-ha, hahaha.

• Lol does it make that much of a difference though? If her legs are hairy but her vag isn't vs her vag is hairy but her legs aren't?

• Interesting. Because most guys think the opposite (on this question), that they'd be more "forgiving" of hairy legs as long as the vag is groomed lol

But yours does make more sense now.

• Yeah, well it depends... just how "ungroomed" is the vag in question? Like a little unkempt or stubbly or looks comparable to your leg is one thing, but if we're talking...
      muffnificent.files.wordpress.com/.../pubes-gif.gif
      ... I might run for the hills, haha.

• Haha you must underestimate a guy's desire to have sex to think this is going to stop him ! It will only taint his memory of it lol

• So even the first pic is not enough to deter a horny man? Lol
      Lots of guys tend to disagree and want a groomed woman.

• There is a difference between what we prefer and what we'll go for if sufficiently horny...

• Funny.

I never heard of this. I would not just as soon kiss a Wookie.

As I said before, women absolutely have every right to do whatever they want with their body hair. That being said, men have absolutely every right to be or not to be (that is the question) attracted to women with body hair and should never be made to feel ashamed of their preferences.

• Omg. Lol I don't care if men don't like it. I'm just asking if the first pic is enough to stop a guys motor?

• As we teachers say; answers may vary.

;)

• And then she was using ice cream as a substitute for shaving cream xD Gotta love HIMYM.

Anyways, to answer your question: she gotta shave.

• I think it was butter lol

Even if it's your ltg?

• Yeah, even if she's my ltg. Obviously I wouldn't ask her to be completely smooth every single day, but she can't let it grow as much as you did. I don't let myself go when I'm in a relationship, I still keep trying to look my best, so I'd expect the same from her.

• I guess it's confirmed, we can never date ;(
      Lol

• I tried to shave my legs once for a bet in a party. Got bored halfway through through and forgot about it. Woke up the next morning to a weird sight. Had half an eyebrow left and a baldy left leg. I done it to myself as well. Hide trimming appliances if your going to party in your house. Incidentally as long as she's not as hairy as me it's fine

• Omg I love this show 😂 This episode especially with her shaving in the restraunt bathroom lol. And no I don't care if a woman shaves or not

• Lol I love that show for sure!

So you'd have sex with a chick with her legs like the first pic? Haha
      (Yes, both of those legs are mine. One hairy, the other sans fur :p)

• Thanks :) lol

That's very sweet :)
      You seem a lot more mature than 18.

• Aww well thank you, you're very sweet to say that. Most people my age are just either so ignorant or selfish which is pretty sad

• Indifferent to stubble. Long leg hair bugs me, but probably not enough to not have sex.

Besides, there are always high socks...

• I will admit, it can be a little weird if women had hairy arms/legs. But I guess women probably feel the same way with men's hairy body? But I do shave my face (usually anyways - one time I went out shaving to see if the woman would be okay with it) and get a haircut before the first date.

• Legs... Don't really care about the hair. But I can't eat a girl who has a bush. I find it ridiculous if I'm expected to do that.

• I don't really care if my girl shaves or not, not only that's none of my business, but its a cumbersome process , so I shouldn't be enforcing it.

• Hmm... Hairy legs. It's like one of the mystery has been revealed to the men.

• I would never be with a woman with hairy legs, because A. it's gross and B. I shave my legs too and it's not that hard.

• I really don't care about leg hair, but I'd prefer the important regions to be at least trimmed.

• If I wanted some wookie in my nookie I would have been dating men.

• Wouldn't mind dating/marrying a woman who never shave/wax her legs or body. as long she's clean and cares about her hygiene then I'm totally fine with that!

• Yea hairy chicks are huge turn off Tbh lol

• I prefer shaved but honestly I don't care.

• It doesn't need to be clean shaven but don't let it get full grown either.

• As long as they're not heavy like mine, I don't mind hairy legs on a girl.

Heavily haired I mean.

• Meh, things will still be happening lol. ;)

• I don't mind the hairy legs. I've dated a woman with more hair on her legs. I'm kinda oblivious

• I don't shave my legs, and it'd be hypocritical to then expect women to, I don't care.

• Hairy pussy, ass, legs, arms and torso dies not bother me at all

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 17

• I like being hairy lol. I feel like there is a kind of freedom in it that I'm not supposed to have. I generally trim or offer to trim around my pubes if I want eaten out because swallowing hairs is annoying, but besides that? Eh. You should see my armpits right now lol.

• I don't shave my legs but that's out of pure laziness. I'm not going to alter my grooming to suit someone else. I'm going to do what makes me comfortable. Besides my boyfriend actually likes me how I am, in fact there's one area I shave TOO much for his liking :P

• To preface this: I am not in a relationship right now.

In the winter I don't shave as much. I've got pants on and the general public won't know what my legs look like. In the summers, the longest I'll go is three days. If I'm in a relationship and its going to physical places, I'll shave. I wouldn't feel comfortable with my legs being a straight jungle if I am planning on being intimate. With that said, I am not a one night stand girl at all. So, if I am to get intimate with a guy, I'll have some time to think and have advance warning to get my things in order. I'd never need the extra incentive of hairy legs to not sleep with someone. If I'm sleeping with someone, I will have made a conscious decision to do so.

• That's basically me. It is winter in Chicago, I'm not going to be showing my legs any time soon lol or I wasn't, but since I'm visiting my sis now in Cali, I had to wax :/

• I use hair remover about once a week or longer depending on when my hair bothers me. I don't follow the no shave rule but I will not sleep with a guy that I truly like for the first time with hairy legs. If the guy is sexually attractive to me and I don't want anything serious then who cares about my legs. It is only with guys I take seriously that I will be like "wait your legs aren't shaven better not tonight"

• Lmao if I want to hook up with someone I'm going to even if I'm not shaved.

That said, the only person I've done that with doesn't really care that much. And I've never been interested in hooking up with other people, so I haven't had to worry about it.

• I'm also judging you hard for them hairy ass legs 😂😂

I hate having leg hair so I shave almost daily anyway.

• Lol don't judge me! It's winter still and I've been single. So I have no business wasting my shaving my legs, even though I hate it too :/

Same here, my ex boyfriend didn't mind as long as he was still getting it lol and I don't do hookups, so it makes no sense for me to waste my time shaving/waxing. But I do enjoy the smoothness of waxing.

• I feel you! I just don't like the feeling of stubble lol. But guys can't complain. They have ass hair. And a lot of it

• I very rarely groom my legs. barely grow any hair on them. every guy I've been with has had sex with me while my legs were "hairy" and didn't even notice.

so, no for me it makes absolutely no difference.

• Girl please that isn't bad at all!! You should see my legs. Their as hairy as a guys (probably even worse) and it's only been like 3 weeks :(((( when it grows to its full extent it's so bad that when I wear leggings basically all the hair is popping out even happens when I wear jeans sometimes. Yea fml 😡 I like when my legs are shaven even though it is tedious. My legs just look so much more appealing and healthy too.

• Wow! That's quite a bit of hair!
      You should wax then, that way you won't spend so much time on hair removal. It lasts me about 3weeks to a month.

• Haha I have an epilator. So it's all good :)

• If I want to shave, I will, if I don't wanna shave I won't. Guys.. what's that?

• Nah. If I'm feeling it, I'm feeling it. I only shave once a week in the winter anyway.

• I haven't shaved since last fall.

• I have a boyfriend but would never get in bed w/him if I haven't shaved first.

• I haven't had sex yet, but there's no fucking way I'd ever be hairy with a guy. Nope.

• I don't need to shave, I'm naturally hairless ;)

• Lol lucky! That's 4-5 months worth of winter fur for me :p

• WoW, hahaha, I guess it's cause of the climate, at least you are not cold during the winter :P

• The longest I've gone without shaving is like a week and a half and that's from like 12 years of age. I've seen the rest of the hair on my body, no way I want to see how bad my legs are too.

• I do it when it comes to my vagina.. I'm lazy when it comes to my legs. The only time I shave is when it's hot outside and I can show them off. I live in Miami so that's pretty often.

• No. Shave daily no matter what, even be super late in the morning and still gotta shave. Like, you never know what's gunna happen.

• I couldn't vote as none apply. I don't shave & don't care. Come spring I may shave.

• As for my legs about the same as yours but it's so light you wouldn't notice as much.

• Probably C is closest to what you want to say.

Lucky! Lol I have dark hair, and it shows :p