Would you date someone who had an affair with a married woman or man?

A guy I went out with last night admitted his last relationship was with a married woman who is one of his best friends wife. They seperated after the affair started but the husband still doesn't know anything. He said he felt really bad at first. Would you trust someone like this?

Guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• I cheated once... I completely changed from that but I'm only very young and teens change drastically... I don't know about a middle aged man. He most likely won't change sorry

What Guys Said 24

• I don't know. It would take a lot of thught. I certainly wouldn't date someone who made excuses about it (unless their reasoning was... it wasn't cheating, I didn't know he was married). I had a small crush on a girl... she finally started admitting some horrible things... one of them being that she cheated on a close friend with the friend's boyfriend, and that if she had the chance, she'd do it again, because he was hot, and the girl friend was "ugly and stupid," To do that to a friend is horrible. Then to call a friend those kinds of names... that's just not cool. My interest went from about 30% to 0% after that.

• Nope. Cheaters are selfish, and so are people who knowingly get with cheaters, especially their own friend's wife. Anyone who thinks it's okay to do that to someone else (especially a "friend") is not going to think twice to hurt you when it's convenient for him or her.

This guy did you a favor by letting you know he's a selfish, self-centered asshole. Now, use that knowledge to your advantage and kick him to the curb.

• People "cheat" only when their primary partner is not providing them everything they want and need. That does not mean the primary relationship is bad or undesired, just that it is missing something. If you were thirsty, you might find a glass of water.

I would be more concerned about him feeling regret than of what he did.

• He didn't feel regret.

• Your answer is about the cheaters POV. What about the person they cheat with. He was single when they started.

• As long as he is over 18, so what? The two individuals decided jointly to have sex. What those individuals have with third parties is a different issue.

It is sort of like if you and I agree that I will mow your lawn, and you agree with someone else to clean your house, but I don't like the person that cleans your house. Each agreement is separate.

• Fuck no. Run for the hills.

I'm warning you right now, so if you stay and get hurt, you have only yourself to blame.

• I had once, the reason for them as I understood can be two ways: either she/he is looking for a hidden relationship with no strings attached, or searching for a person who is mature and experienced and understanding.
    you can' t judge people hearts while you can judge their minds, so if he "thinks" it was not wrong and admit he didn't had "feelings" involved then I don't recommend you go further with him, but if he thinks it was wrong and he did it cause he followed his "feelings" and he regrets it then nothing to worry about, we are humans we all make mistakes and learn from it !

• He thought it was wrong when they started. He decided later on it was OK because her husband was a deadbeat. Not giving her what she needed. They continued a relationship secretly for year and a half. He feels no regret.

• then he is an asshole ! cause if he thinks that the husband is not giving her what she deserves why didn't he try to fill the gap and give her what she deserve instead of pushing her to cheat on her husband !! .. this is just bullshit !

• Marriage is sacred and completely off limits

NEVER trust a gutter rat like this one with anyone you know

• Part of being an adult is recognizing that people are imperfect but that they can change. It looks like he already did.

• it is cheating to date a married person. if you are not cheating on someone else. maybe not the greatest choice but in my opinion say i had a girlfriend how could i be mad at a person for wanting samethign as me. i should be mad at her not them. so i see no problem with it.

• no i wouldn't trust him. he betrayed his friend, his friends wife and it shows he doesn't care if someone cheats or marriage vows

• No, that just proves that he has no sense of loyalty fucking his best friends wife.

• It would be easy to pass judgment and say no. But you at least need to hear him out. That said, adultery is never right.

• If one does not know the fact that he made an affair then yes, but if that fact is known then it is in the maybe and no section.

• No. You will mean little to him. There may always be another woman. Especially his friend's wife? He doesn't respect friends or relationships. He may never respect you... or you may think he does wbut when he is not with you he is sleeping with others, or your friends, etc. My grandfather had an affair and lived a double life. My mom did the same, and it destroyed my family.

• No, reason is he has no respect for marriage. If he would do that to his best friend what makes you think he would later.

• Noooooooope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

I'm out.

• I agree it sounds kind of fucked up but it depends on the situation a bit. Most likely it would bother me a lot.

• I am the product of just such a liaison BUT, my dad married my mum and stayed together for the rest of their lives, think about it.

• No I would never date anyone who had a history of cheating

• No, especially if they KNOWINGLY had the affair.

• As if I'll bring that drama in my life, especially if she's cheating with her best friend's spouse

• No, a leopard never changes its spots

• yes yes yes

• I wouldn't even talk to them

• if they had affair because they weren't happy in their past relationship (caused by the partner), then it's acceptable. If they had an affair because they wanted to, chances are they will do it again

What Girls Said 12

• No, that's as bad as cheating in my eyes. I figure if he can help someone cheat and be aware of it then they're also capable of cheating.

• I would absolutely not date someone who did this... especially if it was his best friend's wife. Run away!

• It depends on if they knew the person was married or not, and if they broke up with them right away after finding out. If they knew about it and still did it, then I wouldn't date them. If they were tricked and broke up with the person afterwards, then I'd date them.

• Hell no.

• Ew heck no, I have self respect ant won't settle for some heartless prick with no morals!

• I think it casts a serious doubt on his character. Not only is he a cheater, but also a liar and a backstabber. Not really someone you want to get involved with.

• No and if you're smart you won't either. The biggest thing to me is that it was his friend's wife. If he will do something like that to his best friend, he's not going to think twice about fucking you over.

• Noooo!

• I doubt it

• Absolutely NOO. Run for your damn life.

• Best friend's wife? Huuuuge red flag that this dude has no respect.

• No that is a deal breaker for me