Would you let 2 inches stand in the way of love?

Ok I have seen cute couples in Hollywood where the guy is slightly shorter, but none in real life. I used to say I would Never date a guy even a centimeter shorter or a year younger. Then I got older and realized I was limiting myself. I met my fiance who is the best guy I have dated in my life. I am 31. He is smart, very successful, comes from a good family, kind, loving, faithful, romantic, and just a good guy. I mean he really is awesome. He is the kind of guy you see things lasting a very long time with. Best of all his family loves me.
He is 5ft6, and I am 5ft7.5. He isn't puny. He weighs more than me because he has a lot of muscle. We are also an interracial couple. Black woman, white male. It is starting to not bother me but sometimes I do worry what others think.
I keep telling myself, you may regret it If you throw away a loyal good man and choose the flashy good looking character (ideal man) that probably won't have any of the qualities you value personality wise. He is very good looking, just 2 inches shorter. He is also the type of guy you have kids with. He is a great role, model and would make a good father. I am looking for a life partner and he has every quality I value.

I want both guys and girls honest opinions. Would you throw it all away over 2 inches?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• lol.. the 2 inches thing threw me (and probably a lot of other people) off...
    its just height... just try not to wear high heels in public too much and he won't get overly conscious of the height factor...
    or he might be a freak and just love the fact that you have long legs... hopefully with an ass to go with it... every guy has their thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I read the title... I honestly thought you were on about his ding-dong.

But no you shouldn't. I dated a guy who is shorter than me - we talked on Facebook for a month before we met for real. He was sat down when I arrived and when we were leaving for cinema and we both stood up I was in shock at how short he was (5"3) and I was in high heels! (naturally I'm 5"4) but the shock wore off pretty quickly. He was the sweetest guy! I wasn't going to let his height get in the way of a good thing.

A friend of mine is taller than average girls and she's dating a guy same height as me!

Don't sweat it girl!

What Guys Said 14

• That you would even consider for a second to leave someone who makes you happy just because some people say things or he is shorter than you is utterly ridiculous. Glad to see you are waking up to reality.

• Who cares what others think, I'm almost 6 feet, I'd date a lady 7 feet tall if I liked her.

• It all depends on u... if ur happy thats it...
    Fuck others

• Oh I thought you were going to talk about something else only bring 2 inches lol never mind

• A girl 2 inches taller than me would be 6'6"

I have no idea how I'd react to that, because I've never met a woman even close to that height.

• Love is love... If 2 inches can make a difference then it's not love... When in love height shouldn't matter...

• No of course not.

• Shiet, I meant to put no. Clicked the wrong alternative... -.-. I would not let 2 inches stand in the way of love.

• Personally I like girls that are shorter than me but if a girl was just as you said two inches taller I wouldn't really care. Height is amongst the things I don't really pay attention to.

• Come here and love me you taller ladies!

• Yes 2 inches is a lot.

• Height never matter. Not visible nor invisible, size never matters, it's all about heart.

• not at all

• Yes , I wouldn't date a taller girl ever, even if I am dying of loneliness boredom and depression.

• So I guess if you got in a car accident, lost your legs and were shorter than your spouse, you would want her to divorce you. Never know what the future holds.

• So I guess your wouldn't date a girl that weighs more either? I mean there is a new curvy movement nowadays.

• No, i dont care about her being curvy or skinny. But i can't afford to feel effeminately shorter than her.

What Girls Said 10

• My husband is about 2.5" shorter than me. I am an inveterate shoe whore, so, in actual praxis, he's more like 8" shorter than me most of the time. And... it matters not even a tiny fraction of a shadow of a shit. Next to mah man, I feel like a teeny tiny little bitty little girl.

Together 16 years, married just under 15, and I can't remember anyone so much as casting a derogatory glance in our direction, much less actually daring to say anything aloud.

• Now you are a real women..! I hope more are out there like you :-D

• I think at first I might not be attracted to him (I wish I could control that but how do you? Haha) buuuut if someone had a good personality and was a guy like you described, I wouldn't turn him down. It would take a while and he'd have to be patient, but then I'd be in.

• This is what the fact is and am glad you said it very clearly! No woman would ever remotely feel romantically or sexually attracted to a guy her height or shorter :) and neither would a shorter guy ever be attracted to a taller girl. That's biology

• @multilevel I'm pretty sure wanting a taller man is not a "primal instinct" but an "acquired preference".

• @Corine well ok, but whatever, it's what 99.4 percent of females want

• I have 2 friends who have been dating for over 6 years now since high school, and she is taller than him by about an inch. I've never asked but they've never let it bother them, and they are very much in love with each other. I guess she just holds off on the high heels when they're together sometimes. But to answer your question, I think you should definitely go with the guy for all the reasons you've listed. He clearly makes you happy and is everything you are looking for in a man ☺ appearances and height change over time, but never the person.

• I wouldn't at all. I have liked guys shorter than me and would date them in a heartbeat if they would've dated me, but they didn't want to. I'm really short (5'2") so usually I don't have to worry about that. I usually end up with guys 5'11" and up, but I would date below that any day. I'm also black dating a white guy. He's 6ft even, but even if he weren't I'd still date him. He's so sweet and we have so much in common. I wouldn't give that up just because I might be taller than him.

• I had a boyfriend for 6 months who was literally a midget. He was around 4'3" I'm 5'7". I really liked him, but we got made fun of a lot.

• Who cares about all these superficial things. If you love the person, like really actually love them, a foot wouldn't make a difference.

• I'm about to get my ass handed to me...

I wouldn't date someone shorter than me in the first place. Just... not attracted, and that has to be there.

• If I'm completely honest, I would feel awkward with a guy that's shorter than me. It would make me feel less feminine. :/

• So you would not be with him even if you loved him? You would dump him for an inches difference?

• That's fair enough. However if you have that mentality you should not be upset if a guy refuses to date you because of your weight or cup size. Just saying. Seems like a lot of women are upset with standards of beauty. Can't be mad at a guy being shallow if you are shallow.

• I understand everyone has their own ideals. I don't expect to be every man's cup of tea, that would be impossible.

• no you don't throw it all away you except things as they are and enjoy life

• I have dated a lot of shorter guys and as long as you love each other it will probably work out