Guy stopped chasing me when I rejected him--Now I like him. I've tried to initiate things, but he isn't that responsive- what should I do?

This guy used to be obsessed with me, but I would only make out with him when I was drunk. Recently, when we were out, I tried to hook up with him and he kept saying how drunk I was, but then we started hooking up, but after a little bit he abruptly left. Since then, I've initiated a text with him drunkenly when I've been out, but he responded the next morning, and so did I. Since he hasn't been responding that much when I've tried to make an effort, is all hope lost? I see him a lot, so telling him outright that I like him would be super awkward and we have so many mutual friends. He used to be very persistent while texting me, and now, nothing. I'm just confused as to why he isn't respinding now when I make an effort, if he supposedly liked me so much before. I'm just upset because he's a super nice guy (has been a dick recently, but I've tried to ignore this), and I can really see myself dating him.

Most Helpful Guy

• guys get rejected. constantly. the best way to deal with being rejected? move on. if i am into someone, and they shut me down hard, rather than keep on focused on them, hoping for something i was plainly told i would not get, i instead just move past it.
    if he is the same, he moved past it. you shut him down, and so he chose to no longer see you that way, rather than fixate on you and be frustrated that he can't have you. For most guys, if a girl tells him "no," he will not try with her again. she is in the past. she made her lack of interest very clear.

there is also the chance that he doesn't think you are interested, and that he thinks you just miss the attention he would give you, and has since stopped giving you, and that you are just trying to entice him back so you can get the attention you crave. because even if you would never do that, a lot of girls would.

Most Helpful Girl

• It would appear you have lost your chance when you rejected him.

What Guys Said 5

• You've already "hooked up" w/ him? Or he left in the middle of hooking up? God this is so painful to read...

Anyway, if he's ignoring you and left you in middle of messing around, he probably doesn't really like you anymore for whatever reason. Probably realized what a bad person you are, or maybe you stunk really bad.

• Sounds like you just want what you can't have.
    Either way, he's already put himself out there and you rejected him so it's up to you to tell him how you feel and here's a hint... don't do it when you're drunk.

• I chased her 4 years, she rejected me 4 years. Then I gave up. Later I heard she crushed on me but wanted to wait till her majority. (Her dad's influence? Who knows). By then I was gone, of course.

• Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! lol sorry but I couldn't resist laughing, tough luck, move on.

• Let him live his life. Learn from mistakes. Don't repeat.

What Girls Said 0