Guy was on his phone the whole time while hanging out-- is that considered rude?

So I hung out with this guy. The whole time he kept checking his phone and looking at his watch. Seemed like he didn't want to be there so I said we can go home if you want? He's like no. So we kept hanging out-- he was on his phone. He read a text message out loud obnoxiously and started laughing. Felt like I was disturbing his convo so I walked away. I felt like I was too weird and he was judging me the whole time. Like I have a bird phobia and we were outside. I got scared of a bird. He was like" are you serious you're scared of birds?" I'm like yeah? He just kept making are you serious comments. I don't know. Maybe he thought I was ugly and decided to act like that. So I decided it was time for me to go and he wanted to walk me to my car. I said you don't need to and we could just depart ways here. He's like should I not walk you to your car? In my head I thought no not really because you're rude. Anyways he walked me halfway there. So I said okay bye. He was like wow geez. Can I at least have a hug? I gave him one then he's like talk to you later. After the date I felt angry for some reason. I don't know why. I felt insulted. How would you feel after a date like this? He didn't text me saying thanks for hanging out or anything. I don't want to text him to be honest because I feel ridiculed.

• He was rude. If feel angry.
  • He was probably nervous or something. Would feel indifferent.
  • See Results

Most Helpful Guy

• Fuck all that, it's very rude. I would drop a chick so fast doin that kinda shit.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its super rude. I had a very similar experience. That guy kept looking at the phone and his phone kept ringing and he kept replying to messages. I got so pissed that we were in the dinner, I asked the waiter to come over, and said check please, he was like what? I told him, yeah you don't need the dinner, you go eat your cellphone up... lol Yea you have a very good reason to feel angry.

What Guys Said 8

• Red flag... it is definitely totally rude to be checking phones and shit when you are with someone else. it can be justified with the fact that we are in a technological age but still... its frickin rude. im surprised you aren't way madder. Good news is you weren't on a "date" or anything.. you were just hanging out.
    mine was an actual date and she was laughing at whatever she was reading on Facebook and ignoring me most of the time... i left her ass there. i don't go for that.

• Yes, that is very rude and disrespectful towards you

• Phones really shouldn't be on during dates, especially formal ones, with the exception of emergencies or emergency workers.

Hmm, unless one is pressed for time or can't get there to walk someone to their car, it seems thoughtless to do.

If you angry about it, (and it sounds like it from your post), you shouldn't text him back and probably let him go. Who knows why things happen or why people do the things they do?

• He didn't even text me. lol. Haven't heard from him since. Maybe he didn't like he way I looked in person. *shurgs* However, he checks my social media still? Such a weird guy.

• Maybe he was new; maybe he didn't even know it was a formal date, but who knows? You're probably better off without him anyway.

• Yes yes it is

• Yeah don't see that guy again he is a waste of ur time.

• The way you wrote it I'd say he was being rude but the way I'm imagining it it sounds like a guy who's just unaware that he was being insensitive. If he thought you were ugly he wouldn't have agreed to go on the date. In all honesty it sounds like a guy who's following some bad PUA advice.

• totally rude and stupid

• he was rude.

What Girls Said 6

• That would really irritate me and I'd probably just find an excuse to leave.

• Sounds like an asshole. If a man wants to be with you the only thing he will be using a phone for is taking pictures of you. I hate people who use a phone while out on a date. So rude!

• You have a right to be angry. He acted like a jerk and has no respect for you. You can find someone better.

• Yeah, that's rude as hell.

• Yes, that's very rude, I don't like such behaviour.

• Very rude of him! I don't even like my family constantly being on their phones if I'm out having dinner or lunch with them. It's like, I'm right here! Talk to me!! So definitely don't let that happen again. Move on from that guy.