Is a picky eater a deal breaker for you?

This girl I'm talking to is soooo picky, would it be shallow to not date her because of this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm picky. Like most picky eaters, though, I have learned to not let it affect when I'm eating with others. I can find something on any menu, pick around what I don't like on a plate, etc. Usually we realize that being picky is our "flaw" (or whatever you'd call it) and deal with it. No big thing. Plenty of more pertinent issues to worry about than this.

Most Helpful Guy

• Im picky... but its not a deal breaker to me. After a couple tries and she's still rejecting all offers... i just say "fuck it" and i pick one anyway. when she is done being "picky" she will pick something. i have little patience for people's bullshit lol.

What Girls Said 18

• i can imagine it would be REALLY annoying. i haven't encounter a guy like this so it's hard to say... but yeah it'd irritate me to some level.

• Well, i see it as a problem. If she is just plain out rude about it then yeah don't date her. If you love a food n she hates it well work your way around it. If you see this as a big problem try to weigh out the pros and cons and decide whether you still want to continue seeing her. Hope i helped! :)

• I think I would have a bit of a hard time dealing with it, which is kind of hypocritical because I'm a "recovering picky eater". I love spicy, ethnic, and vegetarian dishes now so I'd be pretty bummed if we don't like many of the same foods, because food is a social thing and fun to share and make with other people, especially s/o's. I don't know, maybe it'd be something I could work with and understand. I think I'd be more tolerate of allergies

• That's annoying to me.. I wouldn't call it shallow, it's just.. your own preference lol. It can get annoying, and I definitely appreciate someone with an open mind

• It should be, haha. But no. I've only ever dated picky eaters who also can't handle spicy food, it's ok, the universe wanted me to not be challenged. Take it as, more delicious food for you.

• not really.

• Im a picky eater but there's always something I will find to eat wherever my boyfriend and I have decided to go.
    Its not really shallow but you should have an open mind. Ask her what she DOES like. There are ways that you both can be happy when its time to eat or going out to a dinner date.

• I am a picky eater and my boyfriend is okay with it but it has effected my relationship with his family. If you can't handle her diet get out because it only gets harder

• I'm an extremely picky eater myself so no that wouldn't be a deal breaker, although I can see how it might be annoying to people that eat 'well'..

• Hmm... idunno. Maybe! I can see how it can be a dealbreaker. My roommate in college was super health conscious and vegan. Even going to peoples houses, she was very picky and ended up only eating salad. That does create uncomfortable situations as a meal doesn't feel shared and the cook may be offended. I can see how years of that can create problems. Meals and outings are a huge part of life. I wouldn't say its too shallow but I don't know how you can bring it up at the break up

• No idc

• no because i'm also a picky eater

• Nah, I wouldn't mind it. I'm sort of picky too.

• I'm a picky eater so I wouldn't mind.

• No because I'm picky as hell too. At least he'd understand me.

• No, because I am too. 😶

• I can be a picky eater sometimes :/

• I'm a picky eater it'd be more weird if you broke up with someone over it. I only eat certain things and usually my boyfriend eats the stuff I don't like so we're both happy.

What Guys Said 13

• As long as they eat healthy I don't think it would be a problem. Most people are picky eaters when presented with foods they aren't use to.

• nah idm. we can still eat what we want, that's totally fine.

• If she is super picky, it would get more and more frustrating because she wouldn't want anything you suggested to eat... but at the same time would say "I don't know, you pick".

• To be honest, it might be. I like cooking and enjoy going out for dinner to try different cuisines, different food. I don't think I'd date a picky eater. ;)

• i am such a picky eater. i don't mind trying new stuff, but if i don't like it I'm not gonna finish it.

• Ehh it depends on how picky we're talking about here.

• Yes, I LOVE FOOD and actually wouldn't be able to put up with a vegan/vegetarian.

• i'm a picky eater so i know the struggle

• Are you serious? 0. o

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau I'm as smooth as peanut butter dude :P and even smoother than that. UGH, I'll convince you somehow that I ain't ticklish. Hmmm I'll just hop on your back or escape through your legs. BHAHAHAHHA!

Damn we should try it together. God whenever you say Jersey I think of snookie and the accent -.- It's a given Im sorry. OMG yes!! teach me and I'll teach you soccer. You'll do good cuz your tall ass. Oh you don't find men in tights appealing skyscraper? ;)

• @This_is_my_username well, there's such a thing as chunky peanut butter so... also, you might be quick, but you ain't that quick!

you'll love it! it's absolutely amazing!!! uh, i know! fun fact, she moved to like the next town over from me. also, she's from new york. and don't worry, i don't have 1. i'd kill myself if i had a thick accent. it's so annoying! it's a deal! i wish we had equipment cause it'd be funny if we went in full pads. it makes you feel like a robot! and do you know how to do around the world or are your legs to tiny? :D lol! i'm not gonna say no, but it's not a yes :P

• Yep. Big deal breaker for me.

It's really annoying, to be honest. "Can't go there, I don't like anything there" being said about 50 different restaurants is annoying.

• Just irritating, lol.

• Yeah. Im the most pickiest eater in my family.

• that's annoying. also implies she'll blimp once she nests

• It is shallow to not date someone because you don't like them. It is also smart not to date someone because you don't like them.