I have a huge crush on my second cousin. Should I make a move?

My family owns a cabin up in Bemidji, Minnesota, right on the lake. This cabin has been in the family for 40 years and has been the meeting place for several family reunions.
Some of my aunts and uncles spend a week or two up there every summer but every few years the whole family decides to come from all over the country to meet at our family cabin.
So last week, I went there and met an extremely cute guy. I later found out he is my second cousin and we have the same great grandma. I'm almost 18 and he is 21. I added him on facebook and he later followed me on Instagram. Would it be creepy or inappropriate to tell him that I like him?

Most Helpful Guy

• go for it girl!!! He ain't your brotha, uncle or a first cousin.

What Guys Said 7

• The moment you said cousin I stopped reading.

Its your fking cousin. I dont care from which side but if you're related in blood then it's messed up. Its kinda like a milder version of liking your own brother or sister.

Disgusting.

And this is one of the reason why dumb people exist.

• I think fine to say you like him. its a little weird though to me.

• I think the family connection is far enough to be in a relationship, though I've no clue how he'd feel about it.

• Go for it.

• 2nd cousins are generally acceptable for relationships by law. However, your family may be freaked out by it.

• 1|0
    • Lmaoooo I knew someone would do this.. I was just waiting!!!

• @Afro-dite9 it's the truth and only bishop bullwinkle could say it better

• Lmfao 😂😂 I gotta pee, I can't with you. I agree only he could.. wait I don't know he even had a name.

• bruh, white people

What Girls Said 8

• Yeahhhh see... that's probably NOTTTTT a good idea lol. I think your 29th cousin 6times removed would be a safer option. But if you're into the whole loss of dignity and well common sense and the occasional baby coming out with a dragon snoot and a fish tail singing"A, B, C, D.. MOOOOOO'' then by all mean's darling, Who am I to judge? I mean my entire family is quite the looker as well, but I ain't willing to fuck any of them either lol.

• Noooo, that's not ok! there's sooo many people in the world, why your cousin?

• That is to close in blood, if he was like your 4th or 5th cousin then their would be no problem farther from blood ties.

• Yeah make a move, nothing wrong with it

• I'm sorry but no. That's kinda weird. I could see if he was married into the family but that's your 2nd cousin. That's pretty fucking close

• How's that weird? You could be fucking your third cousin or fifth cousin in the ass right now without ever knowing if you two are related or not.

• @amazon-boy I'm from Louisiana and no we don't fuck our cousins. It's gross. That's why I said we must be more sane. And i don't know about all that humans chucked there family to survive crap

• The answer is no. You might as well be a farmer having sex with a cow

• How's that weird? You could be fucking your third cousin or fifth cousin in the ass right now without ever knowing if you two are related or not...

• but amoebas aren't human baby girl!!!

• @amazon-boy you there are you. I've had enough to you. Wants to put a move on one of his cousins and then claims that I don't know enough because we are all related. Have a good life maybe you can fuck your own mother and get away with it. After all we are all Homo sapiens. Goodbye

• Yes it would be inappropriate. You're family, it would be incest.

My (first) cousin once told me he used to like me years ago. I didn't know what to think of it, he's family, he's literally like a brother to me so I just laughed it off and ignored it. We're still close.

• No, that's disgusting.