My girlfriend saw me crying, then she just hugged me awhile and didn't ask what's wrong. What would she think during this? Would she think less of me?

A family member of mine got sick really bad and I got news that there situation is getting worse. I was getting really sad about this and started to cry. My girlfriend came though the door and I was unable to hide my distress from her like I wish I could. She was kind enough to try and comfort me but I was wondering what she was thinking. She just hugged me without asking what was wrong. I was hopeing she was not thinking I was weak.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course she wouldn't <3 . Probably she didn't ask you what was wrong because she thought you'd find it hard to talk at that moment, so just comfort and letting you cry was more what you needed. You're not weak!! You're human

I'm so sorry for what you and your family are going through :'( <3

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah, its just for comfort. Many girls actually do like that... shows some kinda vulnerability. Also it must be nice to be able to feel enough to cry. My closest experience is when i yawn...

What Girls Said 14

• I don't think she would think you're weak, sometimes its better not to pry or ask someone when they aren't in the best mood because you trust that they will tell you on their own.

• not at all, chicks are emotional creatures, means she supports you and didn't ask you anything because she respects you and expects you to come out eventually and tell her the story
    you have a great girl is my guess 👍

• It breaks my heart when I see someone I care about cry regardless of gender. She probably just hugged you and didn't give you advice to mean she doesn't know what to do either and instead just hugged you to show she will support you. Sometimes I don't need people to give me advice just letting me rant, assure me of something I already know, or just giving me a hug is enough.

• She felt bad and wanted to comfort you. Everyone has emotions and feelings. It doesn't make you any less of a person.

• If I saw a boy cry I think I would start crying because it literally saddens any girls heart. It would definitely not make me think they're weak.

• First time I saw my boyfriend cry I just cuddled him because j wanted him to feel better not sad.

But based on the detailed description I'm 100% sure she thinks your gay and that's why she comforted you. It has nothing to do with affection, she knows your keen for the man next door.

Make sure she knows who's boss. Show a bit of wet cheek (bum not face you cheeky sausage) as you go. Always leave a girl guessing.

• Dafuq is wrong with you? Literally nothing in his description even remotely gave off a gay vibe.

• Well. Actually works both ways because I was being sarcastic the sentence before.

• You're absurd.

• she just want you to know that she's always there for you no matter in whatever situation, even when you're at the lowest point of your life. She's not asking bcoz she knows you need some space to let it go. she's a keeper

• The first time I saw my boyfriend cry it broke my heart and made me love him so much more at the same time.

• I don't think that she thought you were weak. she probably saw that you were crying and wanted to comfort you. She might have not asked because she thought you would tell her if and when you wanted to.

• Aww I'm so sorry.
    I think she didn't ask u to not complicate t
    Ur situation. She just was there for u. And nothing else mattered for her. Maybe

• Crying isn't a sign of weakness, especially over something like this.

• She was probably thinking that her hunni was upset and she wanted him to be ok.

• You are human and you're hurting. Its ok to cry. I've seen the toughest men cry. All that did is show me what great true men they really are. Real men cry. She will not think you are weak.

• if my boyfriend was crying and I hugged him like that i would be happy because it shows that your relationship is growing

What Guys Said 3

• Hopefully she's a good girl and won't think less of you, and would understand that men cry too.

• Yes you are not a man anymore

• she'll dump u tomorrow