Are tattoos an instant turn off?

I think tattoos are great for other people but not for me personally and not for my SO. I find that a guy could be a perfect 10 and tattoos will instantly bring him down to friend level.

I'm not knocking anybody with tattoos, some are absolutely beautiful and very interesting. I'm just not initially attracted to people with them. What are your thoughts? Are they a turn off or a turn on?

• Yes, turn off.
  • No, turn on.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that tattoos are a beautiful artistic expression and they certainly don't detract from someone's attractiveness. I'm not the type to see one thing about somebody physically that I don't like and allow it to ruin all of our potential.

Some guys make that shit look sexy AF though.

What Guys Said 21

• For me it's either a turn-on or turn-off based on the tattoo and how it complements her body. Back tattoos can be gorgeous to me, and there was a woman who owned a club before who I couldn't stop staring at because she always wore a low-cut dress that showed off the tattoo on her back. I found it mesmerizing.

• It was located like this, but a more Asian design:
      s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...e757feb684.jpg

• Wow, she sounds like the stuff poetry is made of. She must have been very beautiful, especially if all we're talking about is her back, neck and shoulders.

As for the association with a wilder side I can see that. A lot of people my age go out and get tattoos, it's just the thing for some reason. Those people with tattoos are fairly wild but I also know a lot of mild ones.

I guess for previous generations that's usually been the case but most people my age get tattoos as common as someone getting their first drink on their 21st birthday. Perhaps that contributes to my disliking for them as well. I view bare skin as more sacred and special.

• I'm into visual arts and took figure drawing in university so some of it might be that. I'm prone to notice subtle features in women which I find very beautiful and feminine, even things like their wrists and hands. For the same reason, I generally think the human body is so beautiful that to mark it is a terrible shame. It's only in very exceptional circumstances that I felt differently.

• Yeah I personally don't like tattoos nothing against people with them personally. But I wouldn't want to date a girl with tattoos especially not an excessive amount of them all over her body.

• i will completely and totally tell you you fucking nutts.. a woman with tattos? omg pls yes let her have a sleeve! ooooo or a back piece thats sexy also! Yes i love women with tattoos and i love getting tattoos.. But i understand your opinion and i respect it but i completely disagree

• Lol well of course. I see you're a tattoo man yourself! :)

• haha ya i like em =P give me a beautiful korean woman with a sleeve and a back piece and i might consider marrying her without the plan of divorce.. lol

• I like them. I think it's awesome and an art form.

Besides, tattoos can show you a lot about a person before you really know them. In my case it'll let anyone know I'm either an ally or part of the LGBT community, as mines is friendly as hell, and it'll be awesome seeing people try to figure me out by it.

• I would say I am a very favourable neutral to turn on - I think the right tattoos can look great that said there are some that can be very tacky but I would say on the whole I enjoy them.

• If they are well designed they can be hot

• A tattoo kills my interest instantly.
    On a woman, a tattoo screams trailer trash, welfare queen and skank.
    On upside is that a tattoo makes it easy to disqualify a woman as a potential mother of my children.

• Generally, tats on a woman are a turn-off for me. If it's something small and tasteful, whatever. If it's big and gaudy or 'symbolic' *gag* then she can just hit the bricks. Women have this thing where they like to get tats to show off their damage. I see a chick that's heavily tatted up, I know she's got all kinds of baggage, and I keep my distance.

• i have tattoos but i dont find women with tattoos to be attractive.

• I have a tat on my shoulder, hope it doesn't ruin my chances now

• Tattoos on a gial NEVER turn me ON!

I am either neutral about them or they turn me off.

• In general, no, but it depends, on art, size and location. They can be discrete, and classy, and others can be kind of trashy, covering a large part of the body.

• No like. I hate seeing a woman with beautiful skin with tats.

• well i do have tatoos and getting more this year so it would be a bit of hypocritical if i said yes haha

• instant turn on if done right on girls

but not a fan of having them on myself

• For me it would depend upon the individual girl and what she has and where the ink is.

• Nope

• no it depends.

• Depends on the person

• turn off

• Depends on the tattoos, can be a turn on or a turn off or neither

What Girls Said 19

• It depends.

I don't have any tattoos.

On males though, I typically don't like tattoos, but a tasteful one can be neutral to good. Anything super large that covers entire parts of the body is likely to be a turn-off, though.

Nothing is really a deal-breaker unless it's horribly retarded or offensive.

• for me they're neither here nor there. i find them fascinating when done right, but i won't date him because of them alone.

• I personally am only attracted to people with tattoos and can't see myself dating someone without them.. I certainly think there are people without them that are attractive but I wouldn't want to date someone with out them. Maybe it's a similar interest thing? But tattoos are a definitely a HUGE turn on for me on both men and women.

• It could even be a fascination... or slight obsession haha. My mom told me she knew I would get tattoos even as a child. My fascination apparently started when I was 2, my mom said I always loved people with tattoos and would smile and laugh at them and couldn't take my eyes off them !

• So funny the way you described it because it's the same way for me haha just in reverse. :)

• Tattoos are the hottest (on both male and females). However if the tattoo is shitty, then that person's shit outta luck unless they get it removed lmao.

• more of a turn off

• Nope depends on the guy. I had tattoo when I was 15-16 and I liked it so I am not against of tattoos.

• Tattoos say much about people.
    I just find them interesting, rather than a turn on or a turn off.

• Nope. I like tattoos on guys. As long as it's not excessive.

• Yes , I don't like it

• As long as you're not covered in them, then no i don't mind them.

• No, I like them

• I don't mind them but if they have them on their face or neck it's an immediate deal breaker.

• I love tattoos

• Turn off, I want a guy without tatts but it's hard to find

• Kinda turn on when they're hot

• THEIR HOT

• It's not necessary a turn on, but I'm not turned off by tattoos.

• If it's something like the Charmander tattoo, no...

• It depends on the tattoo for me the biggest turn off tattoo is in the neck