Would you dare say I love you (jokingly) to your fwb?

I've been seeing and hooking up with this guy for almost 3 months now. We text/chat each other daily and one of our convos went like this.

Him: I'm on the train!
Me: Take care
Him: Love you jk hahaha
Me: Oh cmon. Say it like you mean it lool
Him: If I did, you'd be running for sure
Me: Haha you a**
Him: See?
Me: What haha are you for real
Him: Yea why not. Besides, your mom likes me lol

After that I just kind of laughed it off and he did too. I like him tbh but I got kinda scared. I also don't know if I should take what he's saying seriously. What do you think? Did he mean anything by that or is he just playing head games with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• One of my former FWBs and I have said to each other that we love each other.
    We never dated, but just had great sex together.
    30 years later, we don't sleep together anymore, but see each other regularly, and kiss briefly, and tell each other that we still love each other.
    It was always a "fun" love, maybe like what your guy is conveying.

What Guys Said 9

• i would not. doesn't really seem right. i also wouldn't want to even put the word out there because then i feel like it becomes something to think about or talk about

• Dare? Yeah sure. Would I do it?, nah
    bye bye friends with benefits

• well, you could go ahead and ask him. men can develop feelings too.
    maybe he feels same as you right now.

• I think you should bring it up to him. Explain that you thought it was cute at first but you're getting uncomfortable.

• i think he meant something by sayin that. i think he has feelings for you.

• Haha yeah. She was like "you don't love me" i was like "haha yeah you're right i don't" during sex. She got dry real quick lulz

• Ya ur gonna be his wifey

• You should ask it with him

• I love the way you fuck me!

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like one of those feeler moves, like yes he kinda means it, but he's going to joke about it so that if you react in the way he doesn't want, he can just be like LOL HAHA JK I WAS TOTALLY JOKING. I wouldn't do anything differently for the time being unless it comes up again, then you can ask him in person if he really meant what he said. Or if you want you can one day respond with "lol love you too" and see his reaction.