Why do some people get so butt hurt over rejection?

I get that it can hurt to be rejected. I have been rejected plenty. I am no skinny model type. However I know what I like and want. I like skinny nerdy guys. They are super cute. I don't like or care for abs or big muscles. I don't mind if a guy has a little extra weight either. I just want someone who is smart and likes to play video games with me. Someone I can talk to about science, and art. Sorry that this is such a long post haha.
I am very clear about this on my dating profile, and even state that I can be pretty dominant. It really frustrates me when I get messages from guys who don't read my profile. I tell them they are not my type and they start getting angry. Calling me names and saying mean things to me is only going to show they are even less my type. One guy said that I need to try being with a strong dominant man. I have been, and did not feel desire for him or a connection. Then there are the people who call me weird. One guy even said that I like fags. As if all skinny nerds are gay. I know some big bears who are very gay. You would not know unless they tell you. There are also guys who get upset because I don't just want sex. Or because I won't send a nude to someone I have never met in Person. Also I know it is not just men. Some woman are like this to.
So why even bother? Why not go look for someone who just wants sex, or who is actually attracted to men like them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because girls are used to be approached and thus desired in their young years. So getting rejected is something very unusual to them making them become butthurt over it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I just find it hilarious, this one guy was like "you must be the most beautiful girl I've seen in ages!"
    And once I made it clear I'm not interested he was like "ugly bitch who do you think you are?"
    😂😂😂

What Guys Said 3

• Because rejection hurts, you say you know this but I kind of doubt you do. Girls rarely do the asking out.

I have asked people out. Plus there is such think as being polite. Calling someone a bitch or count just shows you have anger issues. You don't really know the woman. I have been molested and raped. So I am very careful about who I meet.

You asked why, I answered.

• People just like complaining.

I'm glad that someone like skinny nerdy guys. I am a skinny, short nerdy guy and I need a woman who will play Pokemon Go with me.

• I agree. After rejection, say "next!" and move on.

What Girls Said 2

• Some people really just have fragile self-esteem and they get defensive if they're not validated. Everyone needs to get used to rejection and being told no instead of being pouty and acting like they felt entitled to a chance.

• We all want to be wanted