Does Height Matter when it comes to choosing your boyfriend / next hookup?

I'm a fit and short 5'4" 20 year old male wondering if what could possibly be wrong with me for girls not to notice or consider me for a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• To some girls it will matter and to some it won't mean a darn thing. For me, I guess I would prefer someone a little taller, like 5'9" or something, but I certainly wouldn't be put off by it. I"m fairly short myself so I don't want someone towering over me.

Most Helpful Guy

• It definitely matters. A significant portion of the population will find you unsuitable as a romantic partner based off your height alone. Despite this fact, I urge you not to let it get to your head. Obsessing over your height isn't going to change it. It's just going to make you feel bad about yourself, which will in turn make you less attractive to women who would be fine with your height. Play the hand you've been dealt and try to be the best person you can be. If you can accomplish that, you'll have a pretty good shot at relationships even with your short stature.

What Girls Said 21

• Ooh. That is really short and you probably have a hard time with that one.

But you're still four inches taller than me, so I wouldn't give a damn. Go find a petite girl. We don't care if you're not six foot.

• Height matters to an extent with me. I don't think I would be comfortable dating anyone who is noticably shorter than me. It's not too much of a problem as guys who are shorter than me wouldn't be interested in a tall girl anyway.

• Yes, I am 5"8 and I prefer men who are 6"0 or taller.

• I look more at a guy's face. If I'm super attracted to your face, then height is not important. I am 5'8 though. It'd be awkward at times, but I can get over it. I do prefer a guy taller than me, but it is all about the face and personality.

• Height doesn't matter as long as he's my height or taller. I'm 5'6" but if I was shorter, I wouldn't care if he was 5'4"

• I'm 5'10" and I'm not dating midgets (of either gender) :P

• I'm 5'6 and prefer guys closer to my height so I would probably give you a chance.

• I have a date coming up with a guy who is 5'3 and I'm 5'4. I don't mind at all, even though I love wearing wearing heels.

• No problem with that. I had a crush on a guy that's your height also for 3 years. Nothing wrong with that.

• Nope and nope

• I personally like tall guys. My boyfriend is tall but I am a tall girl. I'm 5'7'' so I want a guy that's taller than me or my height at least. I don't think its the most important factor in determining whether or not to date a guy but I don't want to crouch down to kiss my man. But I'm sure there are a lot of women out there that are smaller that would consider you the perfect height for them. There's millions of women out here and all sizes so eventually you'll find a girl.

• I would not date anyone who is not taller than me. But that can't be that hard , because I an only 5"2 😭😭

• I'm just over 5'6, 5'4 isn't too bad, just as long as I don't feel like I'm looking down at the person lol. It would make me feel like a giant, and not very feminine.

• Height matters to me a lot.

• Wouldn't date someone shorter than 5'7"

• Nope

• I would date someone that is 5'4. I already did.

• I am 5 feet 99lbs

If a guy is 6 feet tall i feel like a child
    This one guy i dated had hands so big it covered my entire face
    I felt so repulsed
    his head and feet were so big i couldnt even kiss him

So i am definitely not attracted to tall men at all

So i dont think your height is an issue for all women because it wouldn't be to me.
    When i hug a man i do not want my face in his stomach i want to be close enough to his face to kiss him. Even if i have to stand on my toes

• It probably wouldn't matter for a hookup but I personally prefer tall guys in the long run. This is only because me myself am taller than your height. I'm sure girls shorter then you wouldn't mind though.

• As a short girl, I see nothing wrong with dating a short guy. Lead with your personality and you'll be fine

• Well... yeah... it seems to matter to me. SHortest guy I've dated was 5'6" and i kind of would prefer them taller. My current boyfriend is 6' and that seems to be ideal for me, though i think you will find there are a nummber of girls that wouln't mind at all.

What Guys Said 2

• nope

• not much... only if it's too extreme for me