Should I send a friend request to my crush?

The guy I have a crush on goes to the same university as me. We are in the same Chemistry class and occasionally make eye contact with each other. Nothing flirty. I was interested when I first saw him. We never talked before and because of that I feel awkward sending him a request. I really do like him and based off his vibes he seem like a good guy. I feel like a creep because I just randomly looked him up on facebook. He know I exist so I wouldn't be blind siding him with this request. I know i may be over thinking this but just nervous. How should I message him? According to his relationship status on FB he is single.

What Guys Said 18

• Instead of a social media contact, I'd ask him for a coffee or something more face-to-face. He might misinterpret a friend request as just a formality, or on the other hand, an invitation to get aggressive right away... in a face-to-face meeting, there wouldn't be misinterpretation.

• 20d

I was thinking about messaging him because I'm very shy. Never approached a guy before. I feel that messaging him first will smooth things over. I tried to approach him but backed out because of fear. I never been in a relationship before.

• 20d

Ok. Well we are about to go on break so it will have to be after break.

• 19d

Best of luck, Red!

• Just add him he will know you from the chemistry class at your university so your not just a random person he has seen you and made eye contact - I lots of people look at their crushes Facebook page it's nothing really that creepy chat to him when you see him start saying hi to him when you see him at university and take it from their

• I say send him a request, it won't hurt. If he likes you and is just shy and don't know how to make the first move, you sending him a friend request may just be the kind of nudge he needs to make his move. And if he doesn't like you, no harm done, it's just a friend request. Good luck.

• Sending him a request will make him wonder if you like him (even more if you're not a facebook friend collector). If you don't want to be the one to make the move, i guess this can be a start.
    Make sure you talk to him in person too, this is you just knocking on his door. But if he opens he still might not invite you in.

• Yes you should, i did this in the past.

I added a woman i was interested on facebook, and waited... waited for about 2 months and she texted me first, we went from texting on facebook to dates, later on we merged together in bed, and were together for about 14 months.

• This is gonna sound harsh but grow up. Asking a question about adding your crush on Facebook is high school lol. You are 23 years old. Go up and talk to the dude!!! Ask him for his advice on homework or project. Get to know him not his social media.

• 20d

Well for a shy person like myself, you have no idea how hard it is to just walk up to your interest

• 20d

Yeah if that doesn't work there are plenty other fish in the sea!

• Before adding him on facebook I'd at least talk to him in person first, find an excuse to say hi and introduce yourself and ask him a question about class (i. e. opinion on a homework question or assignment, what you think will be on the exam, etc.). Take a zero expectations attitude so if nothing happens you won't be disappointed, but if something comes of it then you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

• Bruh, all you have to do is go up to him literally at any time and ask him about chem. After like 2 classes or so, send him a friend request and ask him about chem homework or some shit. It's not that hard

• sounds like the exact same scenario I'm in, except I don't know her social media, and I don't have any lol

• send him, talk to him in person every day, hell notice that you're talking to him every day and getting close then make a move

• Better talk to him in person first

• You should talk to him more so he think you're weird.

• Yes. There's nothing like the 'shoulda', 'coulda', 'woulda' feeling you may regret.

• Yes, please send me a friend request.

• I've just done this and it's the second day and she didn't accept it 😕😓

• A friend request? Really. lol. You are not 11yrs old.
    Go up to him and ask him if he'a available to have coffee or whatever.

• Absolutely.

• yes, you should just 'friend' him, and let him bring it up if he accepts.

What Girls Said 4

• 3 years ago I had a crush on a guy in Med School. We never spoke to eachother and I wasn't sure if he knew about my existence.
    I would sit far behind in the lecture and admire him from afar. Then my friend (who once talked to me) sent me his Facebook profile and she encouraged me to add him. I added him, and he actually approached me first in real life after I added him😍 He came to me in the Library and was like "It's Sarra right? " I was on cloud nine, and same day he messaged me on FB and we ended up talking for hours. We became friends (we still are) and were kinda flirty but I kinda lost interest for whatever reason.

Long story short, go for it, you have nothing to lose, it worked for me.

• Just add him. You could message him. Maybe ask him for help on a Chem problem.

• You definitely should.

• Just send it, yr overthinking it way too much.