Why the heck do dumpers delete the dumpee off social media?

So why delete us? Wasn't dumping us enough? Just add salt to the wounds to the wounds why don't you lol.

I guess I'm having a hard time understanding. You don't want the dumpees so I don't see the need to delete them except to be a jerk.

My ex deleted me off Snapchat (only social media tie we had). It's only been a month of full NC. I don't look at his posts (it tells the user who has viewed them). Haven't said a word to him. I was just going about my business. I have been posting on snapchat like me going out with my friends, enjoying the fall weather, etc. I was perfectly fine then he deletes me? I think that's pretty immature when there was no bad blood and I hadn't said anything to him. Heck, the day after I completely blocked his number and phone calls. He doesn't even post on Snapchat that often so what does it matter to have me on there especially if I don't look at your stuff?

Then a week later his good friend randomly requested me on snapchat*rolls eyes*. He's had my number all this time (add people on snapchat by #) and now you add me? Fine time to do it.

Just all seems immature and rude to be honest. We had a stupid game of "I don't want to look like a fool so I'm going to back off" after an minor argument and then in turn other would back off-so it just created distance. No one ever said I don't like you anymore or I don't want to do this anymore. This had to be the dumbest breakup that could've been fixed to be honest. I eventually got tired of the games and asked him what was going on and I got ignored. The next day is when I blocked him. All of this is just so stupid. The 'break up' to the deleting me for no reason. So DUMB

Of course, the same friend who added me a few weeks before all this happened said he was "in a weird space". Like why are you even adding me? lol. Of

Sorry just confused and needed to vent haha.

What Guys Said 2

• simple answer is because you are done... why keep you in their digital life? you just need to get rid of their stuff too and get on with your life without them

• 14d

You would think that would be the first thing to do, not a month later after the last time you spoke. I could understand a lot better if it was right in the beginning, if I was looking at his stuff, if I was contacting him, but none of those things happened.

Then to have his stupid friend add me a week later was annoying as well.

• 14d

yeah you could be right but i think you're wasting time trying to make sense of it... like i said before, you are done so let it go. you will be far happier not worrying about what he is doing

• 14d

OP did you ever think that maybe he deleted you because he tried to reach out and realized he was blocked so he chalked it up to "she clearly wants nothing to do with me" and to resist temptation/seeing you online hurt so that's why he deleted you?

If not, my other guess is if he sees that you're posting your outings it comes off like you're moving on you're just fine. No one wants to see someone they care about moving on. It just doesn't feel good to see. Especially with how you all ended-or didn't end should I say lol it just makes it that much harder to move on because there was no real closure and it wasn't due to a lack of feelings.

• I don't delete my exs, but I used to because I didn't want to hurt them with my awesome post.

What Girls Said 4

• They're doing you a favor and doing themselves one, out of sight out of mind.

• Generally it's because they want nothing more to do with you, and they want to move on.
    What is the point in staying "friends" on social media if you're not in contact in "real life"
    You're not part of each other's lives anymore. You don't need to stay in touch.

• I've done it, finishing wasn't what I truly wanted to do, but I've tried so hard and I've been constantly let down and treated like dirt, so I block, out of sight out of mind, makes the split easier.

• 14d

Thanks, sorry to hear that :/. Even when they're not looking at your snapchat and vice versa it would still bother you to see them on there?

• 14d

Exs were looking at my snap chat and I was tired of explaining that I'm single, one even started asking me if I had sex with someone, easier to block than have these conversations. Also it reduces the chance of either drunk contacting or contacting each other when they are down

• Probably because he didn't want to keep in contact with you anymore.