My boyfriend is not proud to have me as his girlfriend. Should I leave him?

I love my boyfriend and we are best friends, however I feel like he is not proud to have me as his girlfriend. The problem is that he hangs out in the 'cool exclusive' group, and I know this group of people don't like me.

It took my boyfriend a long time to ask me to be his girlfriend, and I suspect it was partially because he was embarrassed by me. He even told his brother that he was indeed embarrassed by my personality, and was worried that his friend's won't accept him anymore if he dates me... however decided in the end that he doesn't care and asked me to be his girlfriend. My friends tell me it is nice of him and it shows that he really loves me, but it really makes me feel very rejected... as if I'm a reject and that he's done a noble thing to date me.

I know that my boyfriend has told everyone we are going out, however he still prefers to go to parties without me. I feel that he isn't proud of me at all, but only tells people we are going out because he feels like it is the right thing to do. I hate feeling like a burden to his reputation... I would prefer it if a guy was actually proud of me. Am I overthinking this and not giving him enough credit?

What Guys Said 11

• Girl listen carefully, ANY guy who puts his friends and party life style BEFORE his Girlfriend / Wife isn't really a relationship material.

Moreover you're degrading yourself by being with him, I don't have to tell you that, you're already feeling it, I personally think you should find someone who wants to be with you and isn't emotionally draining you out.

• Yes, anyone who is embarrassed or feels that way doesn't really love you.

If a girl told I was dating told me that, I'd tell her to go fuck herself and get lost.

• I think you should force your boyfriend to prove his loyalty to you, in some way. If he can't convince you that he loves you and would have you over his friends, definitely dump him. Love is sacred and requires commitment to work

• I think you are having more weight. do yoga "suryanamaskar" at least 10 to 20 everyday. don't do it 20 at starting slowly in increase it day by day. and u looks more pretty and awesome. by doing it u will get more benefits regarding ur health too. he was inconvenient bcoz of ur body language. by doing it u feels comfort and confident in urself.

• he must be proud of you if he really loves you , besides if he really loves you and is proud of you , he needs to brings you with himself to the parties and shows you to his friends. there's something wrong with him, otherwise you wouldn't say such things. there's no smoke without fire.

• he doesn't love you if he doesn't want to be seen with you.

• Yeah u should

• Yes. Save yourself the future grief

• It seems like he's trying to balance you and his friends

• dump him

• Consider the following:
    He brings you along.
    He knows his friends are not big fans of you.
    He therefore knows you and they will not have a good time.
    You feel bad about it.
    He feels bad about it.
    His friends feel bad about it.

Going himself might very well be a more appealing option.
    Obviously this is not an ideal situation. Perhaps you should make an effort to get to know his friends?

What Girls Said 10

• Dump him asap. If it was social media then fine. But to even say that he's embarrassed because of your personality? Do you really need to be with THAT? You can do a whole lot better than this. He is not deserving of you, end of story. And you owe him no explanation. Good-bye to him! See if you will ever give him another chance. Undeserving of you. HE is the problem, not you. Say sayounara to his butt! Fine somebody who wants to be with you

• yes leave him and be with someone who worships the ground you walk on. what your doing with this guy is settling. maybe you don't believe what I'm saying but it's true, there is always a more perfect union than what you have now. life is short. got to be happy with your love life. don't waste more time on the wrong guy for you.

• When you accept less than what you deserve you will never be satisfied. You need someone to be really proud of who you are. let him know how it's hurting you feelings and that you won't accept it anymore. He'll dump you in the end if he can't get over it anyways. This will only prolong your agony. Stay strong and move on if he won't do the right thing.

• Dump him, this is something that is not a work around. You can't have a healthy relationship with him like this.

At the very least, you need to have a talk with him to figure out what he is all about.

• So why are you with this douchebag again?
    Dump him

• insist to meet his friends and see how it goes

• I think you should just ask him to take u out it doesn't have to be with his friends just u two guys together having a good time & eventually hell want to bring u everywhere even with his friends & if not I suggest u ditch him because him & his friends really sounds like douchebags

• That's really really fucked up and HOW OLD ARE WE?

• damn i agree with what everyone said, they said it all already, dump him, he's really not worth it

• Yea, not normal. When a guy loves his girl, he's so proud to show her off. No matter who she is. This isn't a normal relationship. It'll either end when he finds somebody he wants to show off to people and isn't ashamed of, or when he decides he doesn't want an embarrassing girl anymore. Trust me, go find a boy who's so proud to show you off and beams with pride when he can introduce you as his girl. This relationship will do nothing for you apart from damage your self esteem.