Guys please advise and see picture below! What are your thoughts?

This guy from the U. K. will fly out here in the states next week to see me for the first time.

He gave me his CC info so I can book our hotel. I was pretty much really excited with the fact he entrusted me with such important information.

Then today, he tells me how he cannot wait to see me and is really excited but made a condition and this is what he said. I was so fucking insulted like wtf?

So the issue with the captain is that he was overpaid and now the captain wants him to reverse the money back but my guy has been talking his way out of it that he will pay him back once he starts working again. He needs the money for his trip here in the US to see me. I don't know if this is bullshit or not. But my friend said maybe he has a gf/or is married but still, why would he spend so much money on a ticket to see me? Guys please advise and see picture below! What are your thoughts ??

What Guys Said 10

• From what I read in your story, it may sound like he'll ask you for money, that's why he's telling all that about his capt and his money problem, don't give him any if he does ask you (sounds like he's scamming you to pay for his trip). Him not wanting you to tag him in anything sounds suspicious also, like your girlfriend said, he may be involved with another girl or wife.

• 9d

No he's already booked his flight and gave me his cc info to book our hotel.

My issue is the social media , I'm so insulted!!

• 9d

Leary like he's shady?

• 9d

Yea, something's fishy about him. Guys don't tell their girlfriend or girlfriend to be about their financial problems (were just too prideful and we like to solve things our selves, that's why we could never ask for directions when we're lost, and we don't read instructions to anything). And then the fb thing, that also makes me leary, bc why is he trying to keep you hidden? Think about it and be ready to bail if you need to.

• I don't like relationships based upon dishonesty and conditions. its fishy, I'd say no thanks and cancel out. maybe he lied to get time away, or whatever, but that's bad. how does that equate to anything of value unless you want a cheating kinda relationship.

• I dont quite see the problem really? If assume everything is true its just perfectly reasonable. Cause hell traveling is expensive, beside if he's coming to see you, he would maybe/probably want to spoil you or just do stuff together and spend money on you two as a couple, is what I have done anyway when I went to see a girlfriend. And if I gotten overpaid and would get in a shitload of trouble if someone found out i was spending my money on vacation that I supposdly didn't have, well again. Makes sense.

Dont see what is insulting unless you for some reason are 100% sure he is lying or has proof he is lying.

• 9d

I kinda wonder if most of the people who commented here actually read or thought about any of this. Personally I dont see any "scam" unless he's trying to scam himself. There is nothing to indicate as such based on info above. While Im skeptical and doubtful of people myself, like loads, lol. Come one though, overkill people.

• 8d

Nah most people I know are more reserved like me, they dont post much private stuff. Except my brother, he posts like everything, lol. I posted one picture of myself the last 6 years on fb since joined, its good enough, lol

Ah okay cool, but ya hotels + ticket, can easily get expensive that.

CIA? An well depends on context, I have sevreal female freinds anyway that might post stuff on my walls now an then and rest is just relatives, dosent have to mean anything. And I think mainly with the message above, it was about you revealing his whereabouts or what he's been up to etc. Im sure you can post stuff on his wall as long as it isent related to this trip/ vacation an such, things that aren't give aways about this trip anyway. But better safe than sorry I guess.

Either way, he clearly cares at least to come and see you. Think should just be happy about that and enjoy your time together. Certainly wish you two good luck :) hope everything works out :)

• 8d

We talk so much now and even have talk about being serious, and even marriage. Once he leaves after 11 day is my concern :/

I know for a fact that I will be so attached

• The typical scam method. Amazing how you're falling for this. And I don't know what men scammers pretend to be but for some reason women always pretend to be doctors in some foreign land, helping the poor and innocent (Im so touched).
    I once had a girl telling me she's a doctor wiring for UNICEF in Turkey and always telling me how she is wife material and wants something serious and how "hard" life is for her (Im crying). I was playing along until the day she told she's coming to see me and kiss me and all this bullshit. Suddenly she was robbed in Turkey and needed 1,000 eu to pay for her flight and she'll give it to me once she's here. I told her that I will give her the money only if she'd send me nudes. She replied "why are you so mean? I thought you're serious with me" I said "I am serious but I still want something in return so you can earn that money". She didn't reply back. LMAO.
    A friend of mine whose in a bad marriage situation right now is constantly searching for an affair. He found three women, all three of them played the exact same story I told above, but from different countries. The one of them (Russian) was so dumb, she couldnt even make a decent photoshop for her fake passport when my friend asked to see a picture of it.

• This is a very old scam. Almost as old as the Nigerian Prince story.

• Your American pussy, your special. Do you want this guy or not? Stop fixating. It will be a nice add to you book, I fucked a English guy. I would not think this is long term.

• that picture just reeks of bullshit, you're in a relationship but you can't post about eachother? Otherwise seemed like a plausible story

• 9d

Wait you're saying that his reason is bullshit?

• 9d

well a few questions, why is none of this relative to you, etc, why aren't you mentioned at all? Why will he be in a trouble? Honestly sounds like he's way too poor to be making this trip to begin with

• 9d

He's already booked he flight and gave me his cc to book the hotel. he's not trying to get money from me. If anything, he doesn't want me to think he has money is probably why he's saying all of this.

My point for this is why doesn't he want to be tagged! It's insulting to me

• whatever you do, don't send any money to him

• Just don't do any financial transaction.

• He's just trying to get money

What Girls Said 1

• "He needs the money for his trip here in the US to see me."

You ever heard of a thing call scam?