• Ask
  • myTake

My boyfriend sent an inappropriate text message to another girl?

Okay I admit I was snooping through my boyfriends text message. I noticed a text message he sent to a girl he used to work with, it convo stated... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Why are you telling me? Tell him. You went through his phone so you're both in the wrong but I defend your right to go and address this as needs to be fit. You need to explain to him that in order to maintain your relationship this behavior ends now, and if he cannot abide he needs to leave because it makes you uncomfortable. That's it.It's not a matter of reasoning though, understand this, you make the statement ( not an ultimatum ) and make it clear:Correct: "This behavior has to stop or you need to decide whether you wish to leave or not because I will not be witness nor partner to these emotional games. Should I find you doing this again the consequences are clear."Incorrect: "You quit this or you get out.", "I'm leaving you if you don't stop!", "I do not like this so you need to get it together."The difference here is the first gives an option and a reason for those options, the second gives an option but no reason or no option and no reason, or ( and this is the worst actually ) no option and a reason. The bottom three corner him, and the top allows him to make an effective and informed decision.

What Guys Said 4

• You shoud have enough trust not to read his text messaes! of course, in the first place, that isn't healthy.But yes, he is being awufly flirtatious if he has long term intentions with you.If I were you I'd ask him about this message and say his behavior has been suspicious or you wouldn't have been checking on him

• Guys flirt.. that one text in and of itself means nothing...

• Thanks!

• I suggest playing the guilt trip. Try making up a story about how one of your friends,( that your boyfriend doesn't know very well) caught thier boyfriend cheating on them with inapproprate text messages to other girls . Let him know how angry you feel about your "friends situation" and I bet he will get the picture :)

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!