Is it considered cheating if you go out on a date with a friend if you have a bf/gf?

Lets just say I’ve been with my so for just about 5 1/2years. We have definitely had our ups and downs, broke it off for a little bit, dated someone else for two months and somehow gotten back together with my current boyfriend. We’ve been doing fine, great in fact! We just got back from vacation, which was unforgettably amazing. Anyways, I know this guy which my boyfriend has only heard about a few times. Me and this guy have been friends for awhile now, and he moved out of town for the summer, which I haven’t seen him since early May. Lets just say I know we have some type of chemistry. And, he said he wants to drive 4 hours to come and see me tonight which he’d take me out to dinner and a movie (date) and go back home tomorrow (sleep at his dad’s place tonight.) I do miss him…but at the same time I feel bad for my boyfriend! I know it’s a date, but almost like a friendly date though, which I don’t really see anything wrong with. I’m going to tell my boyfriend what I’m doing tonight too.

But is this wrong of me? Am I being a bad girlfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• clutch is right. Would you be OK with this? And don't answer that question thinking about your own situation--reverse it. Would you be OK if he was friends with one of your girlfriends, and drove 4 hours to have dinner and a movie with her?

I'm guessing...

What Guys Said 3

• I would be upset if I were our boyfriend. It's sort of like you're double dipping. Would you be OK if he did the same?

• Honestly, I probably would be upset. But I dunno, he's gone out on dates (get a few drinks) with a co-worker though

• Yeah but you know that's not the same. The way that you obviously feel about this other guy changes things considerably. If this other guy were more accessible you might choose him over your boyfriend. You're taking what's good and easy but dipping into something attractive and dangerous at the same time.

• In a reverse situation think about how you would react...I feel like unless it was a very long term friend..once you are dating almost all of your opposite sex friendships are over!

• If he trusts you and doesn't think that this guy could end up breaking you up it will be fine. Just tell. Make sure you tell him or it'll be over with him.

What Girls Said 2

• It kind of is bad.

• it doesn't sound like a date date. more like meeting up with a guy friend