Would guys date a girl who's pregnant? is it bad to date when your pregnant?

A friend of mine is 16 weeks pregnant, she's starting seeing this guy who says he loves being around pregnant woman and watching their belly grow and such, a few friend of mine and hers have called her names because of the whole situation what do you think?

Im not calling her names I see no problem with it since I was pregnant with my twins when my new ex husband took off on me(was under 2 months pregnant) and the guy I was dating has been their father for the past 6 years
her husband died before she knew she was pregnant and she is very honest about being pregnant, as for sex she hasn't yet, she's seeing a guy whos 24 and has his life together and she's 23 and is very very well off

Most Helpful Guy

• What name would you even call someone in that condition? And how can they be considered "friends" if they call her names?

I think pregnant women can be very attractive... she needs to figure out (as the girls have already noted) if he is attracted to her or her pregnancy. Perhaps I'm taking the comment out of context, and he has indicated a number of reasons why he likes her, and this is only one of them.

Or maybe she just likes going out with someone right now, and isn't getting really emotionally invested and isn't too concerned if this is going to developing into something long-term or not.

But regardless, she needs to drop those so-called friends...

What Guys Said 20

• honestly, I think it would be a very difficult pill for me to swallow. First of all, I'd be forced into a pregnancy that I had no choice or forewarning about. Secondly, it wouldn't be my child, and thirdly if a girl is (i'm trying to think of a euphemism...) shortsighted enough to get pregnant without any sort of financial assistance, father figure for her child, etc. then I really don't want to put my well-being partly in her hands. The obvious exception is if she got stuck in a really bad situation (divorce, etc.)

• It really depends on the girl and if there was some chemistry there. But there several reasons why I would not. One, the ex. Where is he? Would be cause trouble? Would I have to constantly compete with him over her? Is he a psycho? Two, I'd have to understand and come to terms with being father, especially to a kid who isn't my own. Not everyone can handle that. 3rd, her being pregnant means that her priorities are set a lot different at the moment. She has a ton of things to do and think about besides dating.

• Forget whether a guy would be interested. There are some guys who have a pregnancy fetish; that's no answer for a relationship.

The issue here is that your friend is pregnant but, 16 weeks after having sex with some guy, that guy is gone. Maybe for the benefit of her new child, she should take a break for awhile. There are responsibilities with being a parent and the idea that she has to fulfill herself by dating isn't a very good one. Focus on your child.

• Truly depends on a personality, age and mentality, but most men wouldn't do so.

Majority of men would be kinda like "distracted" with a fact that woman is carrying not that man's child.

Also, there are many things that you can't do together since she's pregnant (riding horses or going to the club for example).

Besides, not all men would prefer to have sex with a pregnant woman. And sex is important.

And last, but not least: having a baby is a huge responsibility. Not all men are ready to take a father's role that fast, support both woman and child etc. Having a baby is also quite expensive and many young guys aren't established their careers yet to deal with a baby.

Would I date a pregnant woman? Obviously no.

• hey..i think there is absolutely no problem from the girls point of view. Yeah but when you say that some guys like watching their belly grow, it's stupid. It's nothing about belly I think. She has every reason to be with someone. If the guy doesn't have any problem and he is okay to take care of the kid then I thinks it's awesome.

Take care

• No, I'm not a wussy and I won't be taken for granted. I wouldn't mind being her friend, but sexual interest won't be there.

• I wouldn't date a pregnant woman. They aren't in their normal state of mind and after the baby there would be a lot more stuff to deal with.

• honestly I would not date a girl that is pregnant. where is the father? wouldn't he be mad knowing some other man is around her?

Also it would look kind of awkward... you know

• I think it's mean that you guys are calling her names. Hopefully she doesn't hear these names? And I don't see a problem with it.. I mean it is a little different. But it's meh. ya know?

• Ok, well it's mean that your friends and her friends are calling her names then.. :P I apologize.

• Generally speaking, no, they won't, but I think answers would vary with different age demographics. I'm sure 16-22 or so would be terrified at the idea, because they're still so young and haven't done very much with themselves. Ask a dude who's closer to 30 and they're probably much more prepared, so you'll get more guys saying yes.

Pregnancy is a big, big deal, and it could potentially be a lot for a guy to take on, so even if he really likes a girl, pregnancy kind of muddles things.

• I like the way a pregnant belly looks, but I just like bellies in general. However I myself would not date a pregnant woman, only because I'd want to be the father of my own children and I wouldn't even consider children until after I was married.

If I were to pursue a relationship with someone who was pregnant, it wouldn't be because she was pregnant. I can separate love from lust.

• Depends if the partner not there no more for good then yah also if I really love this girl or really have feeling for her then I'll be there and for the part of being a father well I would be there for the kid but not to expect anything life changing

• I googled "is it a bad idea to date a pregnant girl" and this post came up. I'm now confident that this could become something thanks to this thread.

Thank you ladies and gents :)

• Hell no. Not while your pregnant, not after you have the kid. Go get the bad-boy that you chose to raise him, don't burden me with some other man's mistake

• NEVER date pregnant. not with intercourse anyway. it is very harmfull to the baby. it is also not anything that you want people to be talking about. the best time to hook up with a new guy is after everything is all settled down with a newborn.

• How is it harmful to an unborn child to have sex? My doctor told me to have sex as much as I wanted because it can help with bringing on child birth when baby is due

• Sex isn't bad for the baby.. Now if there would be a problem then sex is off limits depending on what it is. But it doesn't hurt the baby..

• i think its non of her friends buiness and if she happy then that's all what matters

• Yes .

• maybe

• Yes, I would date a pregnant girl, IF the kid was MINE!

• No I would not date with pregnant girl

What Girls Said 14

• Whatever the case, if this guy likes being around pregnant women, bear in mind he'll be gone when the baby's born.

• Guys absolutely date pregnant girls. Babies are the big scary, but if a girl is confident and independent enough the guy doesn't have to worry about immediately becoming 'baby-daddy' to someone else's kid, it's down to whether they're mature enough to deal with a child constantly vying for attention (Which is important. If he's not ready for that, it's nothing against him. He's just not ready).

If your friend is searching for a father for her baby, she needs to dial it back and look for companionship for herself, first. Obviously, if he's not father material, he's not going to work, but just because someone's 'a great dad' doesn't mean he's an awesome partner.

My best friend was pregnant at 19. She wasn't married, she was breaking up with the father, and she had no intention of settling down any time soon. She had plenty of dates because the dating was still about HER not her coming bundle of joy.

Guys who won't date pregnant girls aren't ready for a relationship with the pressures of children involved. There are plenty who are, though, so there's no reason for her to shut down on her search for another - It sounds like the loss of her husband was tragic - good man to share her life with.

Kudos to you for being supportive in her hard time. Being pregnant sometimes leads to irrational emotional decisions, so keep an eye out for her. My best friend got a little bit crazy, deciding a passing 'what if' thought was absolute fact. A little calm talking down and she'd realize what she'd done.

Good luck!

• If the guy knows she's pregnant and wants to be with her and the baby's father is either not in the picture at all or at least not in a relationship with the girl, then I don't see a problem. She's lucky to have met a guy who's cool with it. She shouldn't let other people get to her especially if the guys a nice guy and treats her right. Fuck em they're not good friends.

• ... that's so weird like focus on your kid... maybe your friend shouldn't have been such a slut to have sex with some guy who wouldn't even stay with her.

• Liked the last part and upped arrow it :)

• She was married he died, assuming she's a slut is just stupid not everyones a slut who dates when they are pregnant, she isn't having sex with the guy she's seeing as she had only been with her husband, she's also not expoecting a long term relationship she just enjoys hanging out with people so she isn't sitting at home getting depressed over her husband of 5 years dieing, YES she is mouring she also tried not to get upet seeing as the baby feels everything too

• ... like I said before focus on your kid not on going out f***ing men

• I have only a vague idea of who might be the daddy of my daughter, but all through my pregnancy and after of course I continually dated. Some guys were only after the pu**y, but others thought it was pretty neat to be with a pregnant girl.

• I think she would be very emotional I too am 16 weeks and my husband just left me. Now I would never date anyone or let anyone other than the man who's fathering this baby close to me but maybe she's really lonely and hurt, so long as she makes him get tested before sleeping with him you guys should be nice and let it be.

• I think that a woman is in a fragile place when going threw a pregnancy. In my opinion I don't think it's good to get into a new relationship during a pregnancy. But just an opinion. Hope it helps.

• THAT'S SO WEIRD! it's kinda nice... but 'cause he said he likes being around pregnant women.. has he done it before?! an' if he has.. what the hell happened.. being pregnant and then breaking up with someone you're head over heels with.. damaging. please tell her to be careful! lovee x

• Yes he has been around pregnant women before me to be exact I was not his girlfriend but he was my support system since I got married got pregnant and filed for divorce becasue my husband didn't want children so he has denied his almost 6 year old twins since birth and never seen them, this guy who my friend is now dating was a great support system during my pregnancys and even still helps with my kids even tho I am remarried to the father of my 3 year old daughter

• Do you think he has some kind of .. I'm not sure how to say this without him sounding mentally messed up.. but like, maybe he like women cause they're pregnant?

• No that's not it at all he's just a good friend and he's in med school, he's going to be a ob/gyn so he learning things hands on instead of reading about them, me and my frfiend are also very ummmm hard to deal with when we are pregnant and he's the only guy who can put up with both of us pregnant at the same time 24/7

• First of all I had a baby and was dating someone that's f***ed up if her friends are gonna talk sh*t on her

• I think I can understand y she is doing tht simplt for someone to show tht they care for her and just want some guy attention. And to feel attravtive.

• i think its ok to date a pregnant woman with a child thats not yours. you dont necessarily have to be responsible for the kid.

• I don't think it's bad but if he's dating her just because he likes to be with pregnant women then that's kind of weird.

• If her husband passed away and she is 16 wks pregnant, I say that is way to soon to be dateing again. That's not right, and people are talking and there going to talk cause of what she did the dateing should have waited so in some people eyes yeah she does look like a slut. She right now needs to focus on getting a baby in the world, not men women like this just bug me.

• I would just advise her to watch out. Don't think that just because your pregnant a guy won't love you and leave you. A lot of guys look for angles on the easiest way to get to sex. Some older guys think dating 20-somethings is a guarantee to get laid. Some young guys think it is all about the cougar. And, yes, some guys think if you are pregnant and single, you are an easy target. As long as she keeps sex out of it for a good while and they are both getting to know each other and build a relationship, then I see nothing to worry about.

Sadly, yes, it is not the norm and things that make people uncomfortable become ammunition for ridicule. Again, hopefully she is not sleeping with him. If she is, she may be bringing on trouble because she appears to be easy, not because she is pregnant and dating.

• Shes not into having sex until after the baby is born, she has know the guys she's dating since kindergarden she's almost 24 and he respects her wishes, she has only been with one man her now deceaced husband and they were married before she had sex, she didn't want to put her self in a position to end up pregnant or with a man who only wanted sex.

• We have some snotty so called friends who think they are better then anyone else..... rich chicks who haven't had to wrok for their money and we are all catholic just some of us go to every church thing possible and others go to church on sundays and that's all, my friend is wealthy but has earned her money fair an square and our so called friends think she should stay home and be a "propper mom" and not a mom who needs or wants to work for a living.

• They aren't friends then. Distance yourself from them even if it is hard. Negativity will bring you down. If they are church going they should know it is not their place to judge. That is for God, not mortals, and they should show humility.