Am I too picky for my own good?

I've been single now for six month's, I live in a small town and I get picked up on quite frequently, But none of these men are my type, I'm a Metalhead, My usual attire is all black, I've been called Bettie Paige more times than I can count lol! I can't seem to find any guys my type, enough to where I've been considering going outside my taste range. I haven't had a date in over two months, and I think I'm being a little too picky, but I can't bring myself to go out with a yeehaw! Halp!

Most Helpful Guy

• Just because a guy isn't a metal head doesn't mean you may not have other things in common or that he doesn't have good qualities.

For your info, I'm a metal head but you would never know it by looking at me. I saw Pantera live 5 times back in the day but dress clean cut and have no tattoos.

• I have 64 hours of ink time, so me being the only one all inked up can be kind of akward.

• It may be awkward for some guys but maybe not. Sometimes opposites can attract. If you don't date anybody you'll just continue to be alone. If you're really determined to find a tattooed metal head dude you may have to move to another area.

• I am making changes, I start College in the spring semester for art and photography, then plan on moving to the coast by next summer. I know its going to open doors for me. I do know what I want in a man and I'm thinking I just don't wanna settle for anything other.

What Guys Said 1

• ur 34, need to settle down before them eggs dry up woman

What Girls Said 3

• I was where you are for 7 years .. yes I said YEARS ... more guys would hit on me that WERENT my type then the ones that were. I started watching VH-1 Tough Love with Steve Ward and I have to tell you that man changed my dating life... every thing he put the girls through where what I needed. I started taking a date from someone outside my type and met some nice men .. I didn't have to sleep with them and I didnt, but I tried. I really look at what we have in common and what we can talk about rather than what someone looked like ...

I didn't find my soul mate but I did find some nice friends along the way, and glad I took the chance ... you don't have to date a yeehaw so if they ask you out ... say to them "how about we chat a little more first ... " or "i am usually at this place around x time on tuesdays, if you want to show up and get to know me a little more first and I get to know you then see if you want to ask me out" ...

I found it eliminated a lot .. .good luck

• Well you could always go out on a date with a guy who you wouldn't normally be attracted to. It's not going to hurt and if you're still not feeling it at least you tried. That's part of the fun of dating; trying out different types of guys. Someone might surprise you you never know. And sometimes you end up changing 'your type'!

• Just give those guys a chance to impress you, if they hit on you, well, can't hurt to check them out, after all they don't seem to have that much of a bad taste ;)