How long should you wait for a guy to call you after you give him your number?

if he doesn't call you, should you call him?

Most Helpful Girl

• if you gave him your number and your interested,call him! there could be a number of reasons why he has not contacted you and it does not necassarily mean he doesn't like you...it seems like all young girls these days feel they should not be the first to call a guy and just wait by the phone for him too call..no way...

the best advice I ever got was from my sister and her friends,once I was waiting days for a guy to call but it seemed like he never was gonna call...so they told me just call him,i was shocked! no way was a girl supposed to call a guy first...but then I did call and turned out to be the best advice ever,i was in a relationship with him for a year (the relationship ended for other reasons :D )

and after that I have never been afraid to call a guy...but this means just one call don't go crazy and call him a million times...but yeah I say go for it,and the worst thing he could do is not pick up or not be interested (but why would you want to be with a guy whos not iterested)...i feel you don't have anything to lose

What Guys Said 1

• Usually, I wait for couple of days (2-3) to call her from the day when she gave me her number.

What Girls Said 3

• mmmm...nop you should not call him... or what soever; don't think about it that much, because once you start giving him excuses you fall in the mistake of doing so the time with him. I tell you this by experience... try to ignore it when it comes to phones and texts... and when he calls don't even mention that he promised to call and he didn't ... it will only show that you are so desperate for his call. but when you don't bother yourself he will think that maybe you are different... good luck!

• If you think he's taking too long, text him, something like "hey, how have you been?"

• If you give a guy your number and he's truly into you, you won't have to be waiting to hear from him since he would have already made contact with you. If he asked for your number, then you shouldn't have to take it upon yourself to call him. I feel as if when guys ask for a girls number, and they make her wait, they're just playing stupid games. You'll end up coming off as you're way to into him aka desperate. Just wait and see what happens. If he calls then he does, if he doesn't call then he doesnt't. So don't call him, keep yourself busy so the thought of him calling you isn't on your mind. When he does end up calling or txting, don't bring up that you hadn't heard from him either. Act as if it doesn't bother you even though it does. :)