First date for 16 year old?

whats a good place? I've had many people tell me that the movies are lame and horrible because you don't have face to face time, so what's a good thing to do? I would rather do something fun than go out to dinner or something. me and him are close and know a lot about each other and we see each other at school so I just think we need to do something fun...any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• I went on a first date with a girl a few days ago and we went to the movies >.>

You don't have to only go see a movie if you go out to the movies, I stayed out and drove around with the girl for 2 hours after the move was over. Aaaaaaaand she said it was the best time she's had in years. So I wouldn't say that movies are bad.

• okay thanks so much! because I wanted to see a movie and then like all the people on here said a movie was a bad idea for a first date because there's no face to face time..so thanks so much for you comment! because we werent planning on just seeing a movie either

• Yeah, as long as you have a fun time with the other person it doesn't really matter what you do!

What Guys Said 3

• i was def going to suggest something fun. What are you both into, sports, music, outdoor stuff? An example would be going to a sports game, that way you can casually chat there and have something to talk about after and can go for a drink or coffee before heading home.

• go rock climbing and pretend fall into his arms, go go karting and bump into him, go paintballing and shoot him in the ass. LOL!

• lol I love those ideas! thanks!

• No problem, Half the reason I chose them is because it adds a bit of a physical touch, And also emotionally as well... But mainly because it'd be funny to watch the guy you like grab his ass and squirm. Lol!

• Depends what your interests are. Usually on a first date, you want it to be kinda chill. At least that's what I think. Of course, since you already know each other, that makes it a lot different...

Ice skating makes a fun simple date I think.

If you both like outdoors stuff, hiking somewhere could be another great option. Or horseback riding. Or boating. Or just going to the beach together if there's one near-by.

Going to the movies is actually not so bad if you already know each other, because if it's a good movie, it will give you something to talk about afterward. Then again, I can't think of any good movies right now.

What Girls Said 4

• I am going on my first date on Sunday, and instead of going out for diner we are going out for a casual lunch at a cafĂ©. I think a casual lunch for a first date would be ideal, it is not to formal, you can chat in a comfortable environment, and coffee is relaxing, it is perfect.
    I understand not going to the movies for a first date, but maybe if it goes well...
    have fun, try to relax, talk about things you enjoy, and don't be pressured in to anything you don't feel comfortable (and I don't mean by the lucky guy, I mean your friends)

• Well if you too are sporty. Try going rock climbing or ice skating. Maybe just a picnic would be nice. Or a walk? If you too know each other your both comfortable with each other. But what's really fun is going to go paint-balling. You may not like it of you may like it as well. But if you take him on a date that he enjoys. He will take you on a date that you enjoy.

• laser tag!

• bowling!