Kissing a girl on the cheek?

Hey all,

Well I've been dating this girl for a while (we've gone on three dates). On the last date we went on, I figured that it was time to make a move to show her that I'm really interested. At the end of the date I decided to kiss her. We were in the parking lot of a restaurant, so I felt like it would have been awkward to kiss-kiss (you know what I mean) her, so I decided to give her a kiss on the cheek instead. Is it lame (would she think less of me) that I kissed her on the cheek or is that ok? Thanks in advance!

Most Helpful Girl

• That's so cute! Any girl would appreciate that gesture. Sometimes guys just go in for the kiss, they don't read our signs right and think we want to have a make out session haha. So by you kissing her on the cheek, you touched that base without going all the way to a kiss on the lips. So you've probably got an A in her book. And I bet she talked to her friends about it, haha. "He kissed me on the cheek!" "awww so cute!" :) Wait for the right moment for a kiss. Don't worry too much about location! A first kiss together shouldn't be planned. That's what makes it awkward, when the moment it right you'll feel it. She'll deff show you the signs, when you guys are pretty close to each other or she's leaning towards you then make your move. Good luck!

What Girls Said 7

• GREAT choice buddy. I usually kiss a guy on the cheek if I've enjoyed our date. I don't expect a full-on kiss on the first date. I don't kiss guys that aren't boyfriend material, that's why. I'm sure this girl appreciated you doing that. It's very mature and gentleman-like of you. Next time you see her, wait for her to make a move until you kiss her. I'm sure she will, don't worry about it. I'm just saying that because as a girl, I insist on dating a guy that can read the signals I'm sending him and that can respect my physical boundaries in the beginning of a relationship. It's very important to me.

• you're fine. It was wise not to kiss her in a parking lot (as your first kiss as a couple) wait for a cuter time to do it altough the next time you get a chance I'd go for it. she probably wants to kiss you ;)

good luck

• A "cuter" time? What do you mean by that?

• Thanks! One more question though. What's wrong with kissing at a movie theater? If I did, I would wait until it was just us. I wouldn't do it with other people around. lol

• thats fine. my boyfriend and I now kiss sometimes there its more just for your first kiss as a couple you want it to be a little more personal. if you did wait till there was no one else around Id say its alright though. it really depends on the girl :)

• Thats actually a super smart move. your guys' first relationship kiss should be just you two make it super special and shell never forget it. :)

Hope it helps.

Signed,

Livy-luv

• verrrry good choice :) just sayin' but I think by now you know that lol

• I think it's really cute if a guy does that. I think it means he's more considerate and knows when not to do something. It's perfectly fine.

• simply sweet. some girls like it more if it was just a cheek kiss for the first little while, makes them feel more comfertable around the guy. it would work almost better if you waited even longer! crazy iznt it?

• I think that its cute if a guy gave me a kiss on the cheek. When my boyfriend started to kiss me on my forehead and cheek when he left me to go home, I thought that he was supper sweet, It's shows that you're interested but you're not rushing anything.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, if she wants to see you again then it's probably fine, but in my experience girls get a little...impatient...if you don't kiss them on the lips by the end of the second date. That's just with me though - you're probably a totally different person.

• It's okay, just make the move next time if she liked it this time.

• would be best to start with a kiss on the cheek because if she didn't want to kiss you, you wouldn't get pushed away or anything, but if she does, she might return the kiss... maybe even on the lips.