Didn't touch me on first date, besides a small hug at the end?

Does this mean he's not interested? Or he's just being polite? I met him at a friends gathering last weekend and he asked for my number and then started texting me the next day and asked me to go to the movies with him, so I did last night. He traveled quite far to meet me, so I suppose he must like me a bit? But he didn't even try touch me while watching the movie. Is that good or bad?

I hadn't heard from him all week, until today... 6 days after our first date. He juat asked how I was doingand we had a bit of a chat, he did'nt ask me out again but said "I'll talk to you soon". Do you think he just want's to be friends?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well this one is going to be REALLY easy to figure out. You know how you'll KNOW (not think, but know) that he's interested?

If he asks you out again. If he doesn't, he isn't interested. If he does he is. It's pretty much 99% accurate!

Enjoy!

What Guys Said 5

• yup just being a polite dude.. he's interested.. if your ready for him to make a move, he sounds like the type that you might need to flirt with and kinda give him the OK. if you know what I mean.

• Thanks :) I'm really shy though so I want him to make the first move.

• He probably was worried a bit that if he moved too fast, you would be scared. If he's shy and he really likes you, and I can talk from experience, it would be normal that he didn't touch you. Usually, wait for the second date, and he'll probably do some light touching on the shoulder or the hand. He'll also wait for some positive feedback from you and thus decide if he continues or just stop there.

Good luck!

• that really depends on the kind of guy he is and his personality. Generally I would say that's good though. I don't get why women get worried about this - generally I would say he's just trying to polite/respectful of you.

• Yeah I guess it is good, he might want to get to know me better first which is great. The last guy I went out with was very forward and affectionate as soon as we met but he was only after sex, and I don't want someone like that.

• exactly. count your blessings. :)

• He doesn't want to push it and look like he's just after your body. If he's interested in another date, you're good to go.

• Probably couldn't get a good read on you. Better safe than sorry about that sort of thing.

• Yeah maybe. I am quite shy, but he knows this.

What Girls Said 2

• Honey, he was just being polite...Man us woman are so weird. First, if he's all over you he's labeled a "horney perv" and 2nd if keeps his distance he's "not intersted". It's a loose loose! From experience my boyfriend and I talked on the phone for 2 months before we even went on our 1st date...after 2 months we finally went on our first date and he was the same way...Just a short hug after and that's it!

On our second date we kissed for the first time which happened two weeks after seeing him on our first date! He's just being respectful and doesn't want to rush anything. Don't stress over it! :) If he's into you he will not want to rush into anything with you...Wait for the 2nd date invite.

• I think a guy who doesn't really touch you during the 1st date is a respectable guy. he respects you and he's not trying to move too fast which says that you're not just another hookup. To me it sounds like he's really interested.. but this also depends on what he does next, texts and stuff..

xox