My sister is dating my cousin, is it OK for me to feel uncomfortable?

I'm 21, my sister is 25 and my cousin is 23. I know my cousin has liked my sister for a long time (in fact, quite a few of our cousins have liked my sister) but yesterday he wanted to talk to me about this and he confessed that he has never felt this way about any other girl, even his last 2 girlfriends with whom he had long-term serious relationships with. But during all this time my sister didn't like him romantically at all. He also said he has fallen in love with my sister. But just the thought of them 2 makes me uncomfortable.

We went on holiday a couple of weeks ago (me, my sister, my cousin and 2 other girl cousins) and my cousin kept making it obvious that he wanted my sister. Then the night before our flight him and my sister had a really long talk and he confessed he was falling in love with her. On that same night they kissed after a night out of clubbing. They were both drunk and my sister said that's why she kissed him back. I didn't know whether to believe it or not. Then at the airport, him and my sister were having a really long talk again and my sister told me she really likes him.

The thing that makes me mad is that my sister has been saying so much bad stuff about my cousin. Stuff like him being a sleazebag, he's too desperate and needy, he's so insecure and a cheat etc. She told me she recognized all this stuff when she was helping him get over a really bad break-up with his ex-girlfriend. And now she tells me after letting him explain about everything that has happened to him she understands. And she says nobody has seen his romantic side. He had a romantic side when he was with his ex-girlfriend yet he still cheated.

Anyway, they say they are going to tell the whole family soon because now my sister is falling in love with him also (all it took was 2 days, wtf!). She also says she can see herself marrying my cousin. The thought of my cousin and sister having sex makes me sick. I just hope it doesn't cause any problems with families, especially if the relationship doesn't work out. And when all our friends find out too everyone will be talking and gossipping. But I told my sister it's making me uncomfortable and she says I just need to get over it (which is true I guess). But I don't see cousins dating each other as normal, is it right for me to feel uncomfortable? Or should I just suck it up and accept it?

They haven't had sex yet, just kissing/making out. But from the sounds of it they are both in love with each other so if the relationship goes far enough then they will end up having sex.

Most Helpful Girl

• okay how is everyone related? first cousins, second cousins? is she your half sister or something? because I think it's totally gross if this is an incest case. where are you from because in the U.S., its illegal and definitely looked down upon for family to be together. why not tell your family, that would definitely break them up or you could tell him the sleazy things she's said about him. it's so wrong on many levels. why do people think this is okay? you know they can both get with the billions of people out there in the world that they aren't related to. just saying.

• We are 2nd cousins. And no, she is my full sister. We have the same parents. I'm from London and I am certain it is looked down upon here too. On one hand I want them both to be happy because she is a great sister to me and he is a great cousin and he always has my back, but if that means them being together then yeah it makes me sick. Does it sound like I'm contradicting myself?

• It doesn't matter what I think. They are still dating each other. Even if I tell them I don't agree with the relationship they are still gonna see each other. Worst thing is, I've seen me and my sister drift apart ever since this has happened and because we both disagree with each other about what's going on. We haven't talked properly since we came back from holiday. Which doesn't help anything.

• does your family know about this? you know you could take this up with the law if you really wanted to because incest is illegal and wrong.

What Girls Said 2

• Oh no... yeah it is. Hear incest, and dating cuzins are well practiced in England and esp USA.

• if she is your sister and he is your cousin, isn't he also her cousin? that would equal incest, which is illegal and just nasty...

What Guys Said 7

• ahhh...life in Kentucky

• Lol. We're in London dude.

• It's incest, disgusting and against the law for a reason.

• C'mon, stop being stingy with the pics, let us gander your sister, see what the fuss is about ;)

• You don't need to see any pics of my sister. Read the question again and maybe you will see what the fuss is about. It doesn't matter what she looks like.

• ''See what the fuss is about'' - See why a person wopuld comtemplate having relations with a relative, thought you were English?!?! Understood the lingo?!?!

Pics of your sis are needed, must be a peach

• Like I said, it doesn't matter what she looks like. Doesn't matter if she is a beauty queen or if she's butt ugly. The whole situation is just wrong, in my opinion at least. My cousin has fancied my sister for a long time and now is the happiest guy in the world because he is dating her. So if you're curious as to what my sister looks like just use your imagination.

• 1st cousins? Ohhh dear

• 2nd cousins. He kept referring to me and my sister as distant relatives and now I know why!

• 2nd cousins ain't as bad... pic of your sister?

• Sorry dude, no can do.

• The only real problem with cousins having sex with each other would be the increase chance of their children having deformities as far as I know and as for legality issues it's not illegal in many areas, and it's not technically incest when it's between cousins, that's reserved for immediate family

• there is no problem to have sex and/or relation with cousins..as far as I know..though I never had it

• Are you sick?

• If she asks you for sexual intercourse now would you accept?

• no, cause she is such fat lady that I don't think I can take her..too huge..

• Meanwhile in Arkansas...