How do I get him to stop texting me in the middle of the night?

I just started dating this guy and instead of calling or texting me during normal hours, he sends me one liners in the middle of the night. We had a little tiff about something unrelated and last night he sent me a one word text in the middel of the night. No warm and fuzzy here. Usually I would respond to his text the next morning, but today I didn't. I don't know if I should just keep ignoring hime until he contacts me at a normal hour, or respond and ask him why he doesn't contact me during normal hours.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you know him pretty well and he seems the sort to take it well, you could explain your problem to him. I personally wouldn't take it amiss if somebody casually (and in a non-accusing way) asked me to text them earlier. If you did that, I'd make a point to send him quite a few texts at the desired hours afterwards to make it clear you want him to keep texting you.

If you keep ignoring every text he sends at night, but immediately respond to any during the day, he might get the idea eventually. That would be a much safer way of going about it, but depends a bit on his powers of observation.

A third way to handle it might be to send him a text before you're going to bed. You know, wish him good night or something, but make it clear you're going to sleep. He'd have to be pretty clueless not to pick up on a hint like that.

• Thank you Shudder. I really like the third option. They all were good actually. I'm going to do that tonight!

What Guys Said 4

• you need to just tell him...he can't read your mind...just do him the respect.

Some people are just thick-headed...like me.

I've been texting this dame I was seeing, until I found out she was still screwing her ex. I got pissed, and said some things I shouldn't have...Then I apologized...with no response...I finally sent her flowers today at her work...2 hrs later, she came screaming back at me on text...telling me to leave her alone...Now I definitely will...I've already deleted her from my contact list...but she was the one who was deceptive...playing come here, come here, get away, get away...I was just trying to be respectful, and show her I cared...by ignoring me, she was just being nasty and cruel.

• turn off your phone... duhh

• I would just block his phone number if it bothered me that much

• It's not that is bothers me because he's contacting me, it bothers me because how am I supposed to have diolog with him when I'm alseep?? Does he not want to talk to me?

• Tell him to text you at a decent hour, or do what shudder said and text him before bed

• is your name Leah?

• Lol, no, why are you texting someone named Leah in the middle of the night, lol?

• Well...not middle of the night, but late....but she isn't responding at all....we got in a little tiff, after I found out she was still having sex with her ex, during the two weeks we were hanging out, and she was kissing me, taking me to meet the folks, etc......we were spending the nite together, but we weren't having sex.....she indicated interest, but said it would ruin things.....was she technically cheating?

• Well, unless both of you agreed you are monoganous, then technically she's not cheating. If you did agree, then unfortunately, yes.

What Girls Said 4

• Texting is by far the worst form of contact. I would be straight with him and let him know that you just won't respond to it (I did this and he started calling everyday). You said that he doesn't call either...come on, how old is this guy? He needs to make contact with you. You cannot get to know a person through text. Women need an emotional connection to move forward...you're not going to get that from 2AM text messages. He sounds a little disrespectful of your time. Never be afraid to put your foot down - who cares what he thinks. If he's the right guy for you, he'll be a mature adult and understand and be more considerate. Generally guys like it when a woman stands up for herself. Good luck.

• Okay honestly...don't play games, like ignoring, then waiting until he contacts you at a normal hour, etc. He isn't a mind reader! You have to be black and white. There's nothing wrong with just being honest and forthright.

It's as easy as saying: "I don't mind you texting me, but could you avoid doing it late at night when I'm sleeping? Unless it's an emergency, I'd really appreciate it if you waited until the following day to get in touch with me."

If he doesn't get the picture, TURN OFF your cell phone when you're sleeping. Easy.

• Thanks. I started turning my cell off. Am I giving him too much credit by thnking he knows I'll be asleep and that's why he does it? Probably, huh?

• Ask him to stop! If it's a Saturday or something I think it's a little sweet when my beau texts me at 3 because he felt he needed to tell me how much he loves me but... One word?! Tell him!

• why don't you flat out ask why he is texting you in the middle of the night instead of during the day and tell him how much it bothers you