Texting Behavior. Huge breaks between texts. Is she interested?

Just a heads up, This is long and has a ton of detail.

I'm not much for meeting people online and getting to know them through technology, but I do enjoy texting.

I met this girl about a month ago through some mutual friends and we all hung out together. I talked to her as much as I could and did a little friendly flirting, nothing too serious. We had a lot in common and seemed to mutually enjoy talking to each other.

As the night came to an end I developed a little crush on her but didn't ask for her number because a friend of mine I was with kinda dug her too (only Because he was trying to get with her. Lame I know)

Anyway, I was a little upset Because I didn't think I'd see her again. But to my surprise, about a week ago she added me on Facebook. I'm hardly ever on so I didn't really consider that to be a chance to talk to her either, but once again to my surprise a couple nights ago she sent me an I.M. saying "Hey! How are you?"

I was pretty excited, we talked for a little but it was late so I said "Hey I'm going to bed, but you should text me sometime if you want." I gave her my number and went to bed expecting to receive a text from her later that week.

I woke up and was happy to see that she texted me that next morning haha. We texted all day with about 30 minute breaks between each text. She fell asleep on me and texted me in the morning again saying "hey sorry I fell asleep!"

I responded and we texted for a while but that afternoon her behavior changed. I sent her a text back and after that it took her forever to respond to each text, but she kept responding. And I mean to the point where it didn't even feel like we were having a convo. After a normal conversation up until 2PM I sent her a text and didn't get a response until 9PM, responded at around 10PM, got another text the next morning at 8AM, responded at 9AM, and then got another response at 4PM...

Keep in mind this was all one convo, not "hey sorry I was busy" or "hey what's up?". I stopped responding after that just Because it was getting weird.. like we had the same convo over a period of two days through 6 texts..

Anyway, why would she keep texting me like this with huge breaks in the middle? Did she want to talk to me but was just super busy? Or was she trying to get me to end the conversation? I can't tell if she's interested in me or not or if she's just texting me like she would with any other person.

I'll probably text her again in a couple days and see if I can have a normal conversation and eventually ask her out. But until then, what does this mean?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Honestly, she might just suck at texting. I'm a very scatterbrained person and am always losing my phone, or forgetting to check for messages, and I do the exact same thing.

• No problem! Hope it works out :)

• Yeah I think she's just busy/ a bad texter. She started texting me like normal again, and she's the one doin most of the texting so it seems like she's interested. Thanks

What Girls Said 3

• It may be a bunch of things. Some times I get really busy and I'll see the text but not respond and forget and then realize and I'll reply. Why not just give her a call and ask her out on a date. Texting is fun sure but us girls want more than that. You made the initial contact through text now call and make some plans for the weekend and see how it is when you're together. Then you will see if it's just that she sucks at texting or she's really not interested.

• just ask her, I do the same thing especially if I'm busy and look at the text but can't respond and then I go through my phone again later and I remember to respond lol

• wtf. I was going to say she is just trying to make it seem like she is busy, but she clearly sucks at responding. I would try again and if it still was like this ask her what's up with her 8 hour long text message.

• Not really if I was interested in a guy and he texted me I would be texting back. It could mean anything, but I would defiantly ask her why it takes so long to get a response and asking that wouldn't seem like your just sitting around waiting for a text back

• Yeah good call. But does it sound like she's interested in me? is it a good sign that she texted me right away that next morning? or could that mean anything?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!