I don't want him to be the rebound guy. Should I go for it?

I just broke up with my boyfriend a few days ago. Things weren't working out, hasn't been for a long time. There's this other guy, he has waited for me about 4 years now. I just found out about it. I like him a lot, but I don't want him to be the rebound guy !?! If there's such a thing ? I don't want him to get hurt. What should I do ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Go for it. You mention he term "rebound guys" as if he has to be a fling or something. That's completely untrue; you and him can make it into much more then just a rebound. If he is a good quality guy the by all means go for it. If he has liked you for 4 years than you can clearly tell you has quite a thing for you.

My girlfriend was heart broken when I met her and we started dating a week after that. We've been together for 3 months now and I can honestly say it is a quality and meaningful relationship. I am by no means her "rebound"

This is a chance. Go for it. Make something out of it. He won't hurt you if he has liked you for such a long time and would certainly not want to ruin it.

What Guys Said 2

• If you already stated yourself you don't want him to be the rebound guy , then just don't make him that , comit yourself to him ;D

I would think that it would probably be best to date him for a while before actually being in a relationship with him

• You just contradicted yourself.

• not really , you can comit yourself to him without being yet in a relationship ;-) only date him , get to know each other , taking it slow :)

• Date him and see how it goes, if he's been waiting for for four years, he's really into you, but are you into him? hee how it works out...

What Girls Said 1

• There is such a thing and you need to be careful. If I were you, I'd start something up but definitely keep my emotional distance. You're fragile right now (even if you don't think you are) and will most likely cling to someone you care about at all for better or worse. You can date him, just keep an arm's length and take things slow. Not every guy right after a relationship is a rebound though! My good friend dated a guy for 2 years, they broke up and another guy asked her out a week later. She's been with that guy, happily, for over a year now.