Is there a such thing as hanging out too much?

Here's a interesting question. If a guy is friends with a woman is there a such thing as hanging out too much?

A example like maybe 3-4 times a week. And maybe 1/2 of the time she let's me pick her up. Try to follow my situation here.

She's seeing a guy,but the says isn't quite sure if it'd work out with my f/friend and him. Than theirs another guy she likes but she's afraid to get into a relationship with him.

Than there's poor old me,we seem to hang out a lot. Like my f/friend and I went to a buddies house to watch the Super Bowl. And she saw some movies she wanted to see. And hinted she wanted to see certain ones. I guess some with me and some with the other guy.

And she's always saying how people think we are a couple. And always brings up how we talk on the phone and I put her to sleep. And not a 1st she's questioned or doubted I want to be more than friends with her.

She likes to give me a hard time about my experience with women. About the only advice she gives me about women is to take chances.

But what's happend to getting to know a woman?

Did I mention it's like we have to chat 1-2 everyday. And she says we are like in the movie when Harry met Sally. Is this all a sign she likes me? And is afraid to let me go? And yes when I talk to her on the phone we are just friends. She waits on the average of 15-30 sec. To say we're friends

rarely is right away

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds to me like she's kind of just stringing you along here... Keeping you just interested enough to stick around, but too confused to initiate anything. I think you should ask her directly whether she likes you or not, because these situations get sticky really quickly. Some people just like to keep people in the sidelines and their backup plans, in case things don't work out in the relationships they're in (as terrible as that sounds, I've seen it happen around me many a times). If her answer if that she doesn't, I think you really should just try and keep your emotions from developing for her to avoid unnecessary conflict of interests.

What Girls Said 6

• 1|0
  • you need to start makin moves. like very subtle not to freak her out or anything, like tickle wars, or playing with her hair and going out of your way to tell her you think she is pretty. See how she responds... if she is serious about this other guy she will tell you to back off. if not... well, kiss her or something! she sounds like she really likes you but is afraid of starting anything cuz she most likely doesn't know what she wants (hence the many guys she talks to). it sucks but, girls expect guys to make the first move.. If none of this works then i think she is just bored and sees you as her go-to hang with friend.

• To answer your question... yes there is a such thing as hanging out to much... I've experienced it and it's not a good feeling but mine and your situation is different... but it seems to me like she likes you a lot but I feel like she wants you to make the first move... just my opinion tho

• Start showing subtle hints, if she's not interested you'll KNOW

• no there is no such thing.

• It sounds like she's interested in more than friendship and is trying to figure out how you feel. (How do you feel?) She might be dating him because, hey, he's there and if you aren't interested... while at the same time letting you subtly know that if you were to make a move, she' d rather be with you. Just my gut feeling. She wants you to make a move but is too afraid to put herself all the way out there if you don't feel the same way. The interest in other guys could also be a way of hiding her interest in you (having a bit of deniability) if she's afraid you don't see her that way.

Authority: been there done that.

What Guys Said 1

• This isn't really an answer but I'm telling I'm going through the same exact thing and I feel for you