Is it all right to practice kissing on other guys?

Well me and my boyfriend have been going out for about a month, but it's summer so we can't see each other until school starts again. But I had never kissed a guy before, and he's kissed girls before. I didn't want to embarrass myself or disappoint him when we have our first kiss. I had told him that I had kissed a guy before, but I really hadn't. I'm 16, and it might have seen kind of pathetic if I told him that I've never kissed a guy before.

Anyways, my neighbor is my age. We've been best friends for a long time. We used to kind of like each other, like way back in eighth grade. But I never let it go further than a friendship because he is a HUGE player and I knew I would just get hurt. So we've stayed friends for years and never had anything romantic. I told him I'm scared to kiss my boyfriend for the first time, and asked if I could practice on him. He was fine with that. So I've just been practicing different techniques with him and I'm starting to get good. He's taught me a lot. I learned how to make out a few nights ago. He said I'm getting really good, but we still need to practice. I'm finally confident about kissing my boyfriend when school starts now! I don't plan on telling him what I've been doing, but is it all right to practice kissing on other guys so you're not embarrassed to kiss a guy you REALLY like?

Most Helpful Girl

• Stay away from the neighbor boy..

If you red flagged him once then the red flag stands. Don't be embarrassed about it. I was a year older than yourself and I had not kissed a boy before. A lot of people think "How can that be?" or "You're so weird!" Ignore it. You are who you are.

In all honesty I would tell your boyfriend what you did...tell him how you were not secure with yourself on approaching him without kissing experience. He will be saddened and possibly disappointed that you did not come to him first, but it needs to be done. That little "lesson'' of yours could be a cause for break-up in the future for lack of honesty with your boyfriend.

Had you NOT been in a relationship and were looking for help in all honesty I would not suggest looking for help in that category. Let it be.

What Guys Said 2

• That is straight f***ed up.

• no no no no no NO. bad idea. it's cheating. do it with your boyfriend. he'll be happy to teach you if you don't know how.

What Girls Said 4

• It's not right. Kissing is natural thing. Sure the first time will be awkward. But really you had to go to your neighbor for lessons. How would your boyfriend feEl if he found about this? And what if you and a boyfriend decided to take it to he next level (sex)? Are you going to go to your neighbour for lessons? Not everything is supposed to be perfect first time. It takes experience to master something. Do you feel rotten doing this behind your boyfriends back? I know I would.

• Indeed. I love how the neighbor says she needs "more practice." He knows what he's doing haha.

• Lying and cheating... not a strong way to start a relationship. Like someone else said, you know what you're doing is wrong. I'm sure your boyfriend would LOVE to hear about this (sarcasm). *shakes head*

• thats cheating don't do that anymore never should of done first time I went out with my boyfriend I didn't know how to kiss either I told him he thaught it was cute and its nothing embbarrasing its a natural thing because maybe at one point he was like that so its not bad so DONT do it any more trust(: and it would of mad him feel better if he was your first it actually make them happy

• Lol! I'm sorry, but the fact you're even questioning the moraliy of what you're doing already shows you know it's wrong. You cheated, plain and simple.