Should I be worried if my girlfriend went to dinner with her guy friend?

So I've been with my girlfriend for 4 & 1/2 months now. Everything is great, we're so compatible with each other and we're completely in love.

4 days ago, we're just relaxing and watching TV, when my girlfriend got a text from one of her good guy friends. She thought it was funny and read the text to me which stated that her guy friend hadn't seen my girlfriend in so long, and that they should catch up for dinner later this week.

She saw my reaction to this and asked me if it was OK if she went to dinner with her guy friend. I didn't want to start anything, and come off as possessive so I just told her it's fine. I trust her completely, but it still worries me a little.

She texted me today and told me that she was going to get something to eat with her guy friend after I asked her what her plans were for this evening.

Basically I'm 22, my girlfriend is 24, and her guy friend is 28. I've already met her male friend at a bar a month ago and my girlfriend introduced me to him as her "Man Friend". He seemed nice, and from my observations, their wasn't any type of awkwardness between them so they most likely didn't date in the past, and it was mainly just joking around and friend like.

And if any of you ask, he's not gay

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if you're both secure in your relationship,then I wouldn't worry.

What Girls Said 2

• No, no and no. You should trust her. Insecurity and jealousy get you nowhere.

• It's most likely just friendly. If she continues the relationship with you, she won't be seeing this guy friend as much as you think. Just relax

What Guys Said 1

• I guess what I would worry about is the fact that you appear to be uncomfortable with it, yet she still persists on seeing her friend. In a "good" relationship, she would have recognized your discomfort, explained to you the nature of her interest in catching up with her guy friend and perhaps even invited you along. On the surface, it demonstrates a bit of self-centeredness on her part for leaving you hanging. And yes, a little bit of self-doubt, worry and "possessiveness" is normal on your part. You should be honest with her and let her know how you feel so that she doesn't walk all over your feelings in the future. Good luck with that!