Is she texting me out of boredom?

So this girl and I started talking but I'm having trouble telling if she's interested or playing games or just being friendly. She never initiates contact. When I contact her she seems generally happy to talk to me and when we text she's usually very prompt with her responses and in no way ever seems to be ignoring me and when she has to go or is busy I get a ttyl and she'll typically pick up the conversation and hour or two later. So she has plenty of opportunity to blow me off if she doesn't like me but she never does. Can someone give me some insight into her behavior?

Most Helpful Girl

• You know there's a thing about girl, is we usually don't text right away cause we're afraid we're gonna look too needy or "desperate".

We're like " if I answer his text right now, he'll know I waited for his text for so long, and I didn't have anything else to do beside waiting near my phone. Most of the time those aren't true but we are into the guy and although our heart tells us "go, tell him" our brain tells us " get a grip girl, slow down, remember last time"

Ghe thing is you're wondering if she's playing and she's wondering the same about you, so try to initiate more, or to be less friendly and more flirty.

What Girls Said 6

• She likes you! :D

That's how I act with this guy that I like! Well except for the ttyl. I usually add more as to why I'm busy, and the fact that she is getting back to you so soon is wonderful!

Of course she's happy to talk to you! I bet if you two hung out more, she'd be positively thrilled! Yes, she likes you.

She might be confusing because she doesn't want to come off too strong or desperate. And if she also texts you back immediately, she was waiting for that text. lol

Do you like her? If so, why don't you guys plan an outing together? ;D

• I don't think shed even bother txtn you if she didn't like you ha ha she obviously likes year company to I think she likes you and she's not just using you to fill in time she must like using her spare time to text you even if she is bored she wouldn't use you to fill in time if she didn't like you shed find someone eles.

• Since she continues the conversation, she's definitely interested. Maybe she doesn't know what to say, or maybe she doesn't want to seem clingy while texting you.

• Listen, if you like her, don't ignore her texts, espeically for days. That will upset her, and bother her. Clearly she is interested in you. No girl likes when a guy texts her or replies back. That's the truth. Also, don't play hard to get, because if she notices that you aren't into her, she will have gotten her hopes up for nothing and probably move on. If you like her, text her first sometimes unless you already do.

• I think she likes you.

I do this. When I like a guy, I'll text back to him pretty fast and keep the conversation going for a long time. I don't usually text first though because I don't want to seem needy or clingy.

• I think she is either very reserved or uninterested in you (as a lover, for now). Even when I don't like that guy but if I think he's great personality, I am still very friendly with him, eg. reply his sms right when I can (I rarely ignore someone's sms though), talk to him... Maybe you can try not to text her some days to see if she takes the first step to say "hi" to you. But don't ignore her.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm going through the same thing with a girl. Its drives me nuts! lol but I realize you just have to accept it for what it is. Its a girl that likes flirting with you over text. Try to accept it for just that. Don't text her for a day or two and she if she contacts you. if texts are friendly now she probably will text you. Your initial reaction might be to get overly excited that she texted, but remember she is just a girl that likes to flirt with you over text. Make sure to let her know your offer stands to hangout, but don't go crazy worrying about whether she likes you or not. Accept the fact that she likes you enough to respond. in the mean time find other girls to text.

• True sometimes if I stop txtn a guy its only because my text have run out or my phones died or something lol

• yeah let it go. I find it best not to tell a girl to "get back to me" or "call me" because that always leaves me wondering "will she call?" and it also puts her in charge of the decision, woman do not like being put in that position.

• Yeah, I don't like it either but with her moving and starting a new job I didn't want to push her because I know moving and starting a new job are very stressful and her schedule at this point is all over the place because of it. I'm not going to call or text her for now and see if she contacts me but I'm not going to sit around waiting for it either.