Ladies; Can a Bad First Kiss Make You Lose Interest in a Guy?

Basically I just finished going on second date with a girl I really like. I picked her up, We went mini-golfing and then went to dinner.

Afterwards, I drove her back home, I walked her to her door, and gave her a hug goodnight.

But as we're letting go, our eyes meet, I see that she has a very interesting look on her face, and she leans in to kiss me.

It was very short, just a quick touch of our lips, and then I turned around and left.

Now that I look back on it, I feel so stupid. I feel like I should of kissed her more, or made more of an effort. I think the fact the she kissed me first shocked me so I didn't know how to react, so I just turned around a left.

There is also the fact that I was so hesitant to kiss her first for fear of rejection that she decided to kiss me first, so now she probably thinks I'm lame. FYI I didn't attempt to kiss her on the first date, I just gave her a hug goodnight.

Did I make a huge mistake? and will she not want to see me after this?

Oh, I did send her a text message when I got home saying I had a really good time tonight. She responded back

"I had a wonderful time too :)"

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly yes, a first kiss is like a first impression of how strong the attraction between us is. It would be a big turn off that the kiss didn't go so well but nothing impossible for the guy to recover from.

I suggest next time you take the lead and show her just how much she attracts you.

What Girls Said 6

• Don't worry, bad first kisses happen...usually because both people are nervous about what the other person will think or do! The fact that she responded and seems like she had a good time as well if a positive sign. Ask her to hangout again and this time YOU kiss her. That way she will know that you're interested as well :) Good luck!

• She might be worried that you're not that into her since it was a very brief kiss. Try to make plans again, and just make up for last time with an awesome kiss and you should be good. :D

• I wouldn't worry about it to much. I'd be more worried that she may think you aren't into her. She's probably the one embarrassed. If she kissed you, she obviously likes you so you should assure her you like her back.

I once went on a date and kissed somebody who was an absolutely horrible kisser. He had like a "spaghetti tongue" if you know what I mean. He was such a nice person though, we went on a few more dates after that. One bad kiss is by no means a deal breaker for me.

• it woudn't make me lose interest. first kiss is normally ackward. and kiss normally is better the second time.

• dont worry about it - hope she gives you a second chance!

• doesn't mean it was a bad kiss. a bad kiss can be high intensity and just feel bad. if I really liek the guy I doubt the kiss would be bad.

What Guys Said 0