Girls, do you ask platonic guy friends to spend the night with you?

Do you ever ask regular guy friends to spend the night, on the same bed spooning, and ask them to spend the night again if you're not trying to hook up with them?

There is a girl that I've been friends with for a while and that's what she's doing with me and I'm not sure if she's trying to have something more with me or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have slept in the same bed with platonic male friends, but I didn't cuddle them or ASK them to stay the night with me necessarily. They ARE welcome to crash over anytime, if circumstances make doing so necessary or more convenient. They could sleep in my bed if they wanted to, as long as they're hands off, but I'd be more likely to make them a bed on the couch. I have a boyfriend right now though who I live with, so any guests definitely get the couch. We have mutual male friends [who are totally platonic with me] who stay over sometimes, and the couch is fine for them. I wouldn't cross those relationship boundaries and allow any other guy to sleep in our bed with me if my boyfriend was gone, let alone ask them to, regardless of how close we are because I know my dude wouldn't like it. I'd be pissed off about it too. But when I was single, I also didn't have my own place, so my bed would likely be the only place a guest would sleep, unless they wanted to make a bed on the floor. I'd just think it's more polite to offer sharing the bed so we could both be comfortable. I probably wouldn't even have a guy friend crash at my place if I didn't feel comfortable enough with the idea of sharing a bed with them, knowing they wouldn't try anything.

What Girls Said 9

• Personally, if I felt completely platonic towards a guy, then no, I wouldn't ask him to spend the night and spoon him in bed. I save that sort of closeness for guys I'm romantically interested in.

But people are different in their feelings towards physical closeness. Some are okay with it, others aren't. You need to ask her where she stands, and tell her where you stand as well.

• Not a chance. Any of my male friends are that friends. Classed in the same category as my brothers. So anything I wouldn't do with my brothers I wouldn't do with them.

By the way this crap annoys the hell out of me. It confuses guys(just like you) and makes people think any girl with all/mostly male friends must be hooking up with at least one of them

• No I wouldnt

• Yes but it can be tricky.

• HECK yeah I would!

VIDEO GAME NIGHT!

Now her, I don't know.

Be very cautious! = (

• maybe ask her

• No I wouldnt

• Nunca

• The only guy friend I did this with was gay, so no interest. Just ask her what it means to her, the you'll know.

What Guys Said 3

• I have slept in a bed with members of both sexes innocently. It did not mean that I wanted them or that I did not want them.

That is one thing that surprises me. Here in USA most people can not make a distinction of sleeping together and 'sleeping together' (non-sexually is the one with out the quotes).

Now if it is a female that does not know me as well as close friends, I let her know that yes I am or no I am not interested in sexual relations, but it is either my bed, a taxi, or a couch that you have to fight my dogs for (a Great Dane, a Golden Retriever and Old English Bulldog).

Hope my answer helped some.

• Either she thinks you're gay..a lot of girls are clueless...!

See Adnizia, below...

Or she's wondering why you don't get a little more aggressive, especially the SECOND time she asks you to stay over!

Show her you're not gay!

• next time when you're spooning, grab her ass or something. feel her up, and if she responds well then bang her. Don't ask for permission because it ruins the mystery. you'll know if she thinks you're a gay friend or not the moment you start feeling her up.