How to respond to a girl that says she wants to get to know me better but doesn't want a relationship yet?

I met a girl she is 21 and has been in 2 previous relationships before which she told me both ended bad for her because she got hurt and played both times... so we started texting and hanging out most of the times it's her who text me first and always tells me how I am unique sweet and nice... and says she is interested in me but that she doesn't want a relationship right now and that friendship for now is the best thing.

I want to be her boyfriend and she knows that but sometimes I wonder if I'm being friend zoned or not... we've known each other for 2 months and gone out on like 5-6 dates but since she doesn't want a relationship right now we have NOT kissed or hold hands or anything like that... most dates end with a hug.

Most of the times it's her who wants to hang out with me and initiates the dates but I feel like it's going nowhere... she text me things like "i miss our date nights" "i want to go out with you this weekend" stuff like that.

Does she like me?

i feel confused and don't know how to play my cards right with her

She told me she likes the fact that I don't try and rush things with her at all and that I'm not a pushy guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• she said herself that friendship for now is better, I think now she's made herself more comfortable with you. Two months, and 5-6 dates, if I really liked a guy I would have changed my mind and wanted to be with him. If you haven't kissed or done anything then she might not be interested in that way. She doesn't seem to want a relationship, she says that herself too.

I would just tell her that you're confused, and you'd like to know where things stand with you and her, that's the only way you'll really know

What Girls Said 1

• Understandable. She likes you but wants to take it really slow, like get to know you much much more till she is sure you won't play her like her past boyfriends. If you like her that much, be patient but ask her how long or if she expects you to wait. Tell her you really want to be her boyfriend but if she sees you as a friend only then ask her what she feels about you dating someone who might be really interested. Maybe that might speed things up for her to be ready to be loved again.

What Guys Said 3

• Tell her that's the whole point of dating. To see if you both want a relationship with the other person or not.

• i think she is honest about the whole thing .. she is interested in you but don't wanna rush because her past was hurtful .. so its up to you .. wait and you may get nothing or date other people while going out with her which I think is the best solution

• Been here and just got strung along. Not saying this is the case here but you don't want to come across as a push over.

I personally would end things with her an just say that "when your ready you no were I am". But also be repectful to her reasons she just isn't ready yet. You may find she has more respect for you then and this might help you!