Do guys text girls for an ego boost?

I used to text this guy a lot and he told me twice that he wanted to hangout but the 2 times we made plans, he fell and had something else to do. I figured he didn't like me as more than a friend but then yesterday he texted me asking how I was doing in college (I went 4 hours away) and told me to "hit him up" when I got home so that we could "hangout alone." I told him he always falls through with plans and he responded "i won't this time!" wth?

Most Helpful Guy

• boredom ? I'd think that was the reason for a lot of the texts sent . it might be a bit of an ego boost if an attractive girl texted back but its just a text in the end

What Guys Said 2

• I'd say a minority of guys do this. I think girls do it far more. Guys get the most ego from girls when they sleep with them, not when they get attention, which is where girls get it.

• no we text girls because we want to talk to them to have someone who cares 4 us

What Girls Said 2

• I am sorry to tell you that guys play games when they are allowed to as we women fall into their hands...hook, line and sinker. If there is someone else they are more interested in then they will lie to you with a feeble excuse which we fall for when they say they still like us. If they want a night out with the guys they also lie and say they are ill etc. It does get a little bettter as you get older but you have to learn not to be a mug to them and be unavailable from time to time when they want to see you. Part and parcel of the game I'm afraid until they mature more and wish to settle down. They are not all the same mind you. A guy who wants you will never let you down unless he is dying.. Play them at their own game without being too hard. Good luck honey.

• honestly, I'd say go with the flow. Don't give him any inclination that you're "dying" to hang out with him. Play aloof, if he wants to hang, he will. If not, its no sweat of your back ; )