Would any of you girls date Ted Mosby? How about John Dorian?

Yes, that's right, Ted Mosby from How I met your mother.

link

In the show, it makes it seem like he can barely get a date, and after all of these years, can't find the right women. He is a very successful architect who just designed and built the new york city skyline's newest skyscraper and is a college professor.

And yes, that's right, John Dorian from Scrubs.

link

Some of you may be a little too young for scrubs, even though the show is from the past 10 years. Anyway, John Dorian M.D. definitely could not get a date. I even recall a scene where girls were ignoring him as he tried to get there attention walking by and he says, " I am a doctor! " with no luck as they were checking out his very attractive friend.

******************************

So are these types of guys just on TV and this does not happen in real life? For girls who know one or both of these characters, what is wrong with them? Are they too unattractive, too boring? Can you ladies give me insight? These are two very great examples of a "good guy" and a "nice guy". Yes, they are a little bit of a push over sometimes since they are so nice. But they are successful, sweet, very smart and I am pretty sure pretty attractive.

Do girls meet guys like this in real life and find them undesirable?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd date Ted over J.D., but neither really are that attractive. I'm much more attracted to blondes. J.D. is just too immature for a real functional relationship, I feel like; and Ted, while he'd be more mature about it, I feel like he always moves too fast with relationships i.e. the whole Stella thing.

Neither are very attractive in my opinion though. What the other Anon said, men always think they're more attractive than they actually are. So you need to take your rating of them (1-10) and drop it down two or three numbers to get the general female consensus.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd date Ted, if I was closer to his age. I think he's cute, and being too willing to commit doesn't really bother me. There doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with him. I haven't watched scrubs so I can't say about the other one

• Isn't Ted's thing that he's really clingy?

• They're not "pretty attractive." Guys frequently overestimate their physical attractiveness and then wonder why they can't pull a 9 or a 10. They're both average.

• So you ignore every other aspect about the characters, one being a doctor, one being a famous architect, and only focus on how attractive they are?

Women confirm how vain they are every day.

• The guy who commented possibly does not have a good understanding of the show. Both Mosby and Dorian are very nice, but neither has really let people walk all over them, maybe just a little push. So I felt not to comment as this isn't really about the show.

And yes, women claim they look for certain aspects in men, but when it comes down to it, they look for wealth and good looks. Good looks trumps wealth though. Super hypocrite.

• I never said good looks didn't trump wealth for me. I'm pretty sure that was my original answer and I've stuck to it. You're the one who seems to think wealth should trump looks, and then call all women shallow for it? You make no sense. Like I said before, the day you date a girl that has no "shallow" characteristics going for her, and is just a "nice girl" I will take you at your word. Until then, You're just as shallow as the rest of us. You just won't admit it.

What Guys Said 2

• Ted dates all the time. He just can't find the 'right' woman.

He probably messes things up by being an overly emotional clingy mess.

• JD was always falling over p****. I don't know what show you were watching.