Proof that women are actually more superficial when it comes to looks than men are.

What do you think of this?

link

" Paradoxically, it seems it’s women, not men, who have unrealistic standards for the “average” member of the opposite sex."

"Finally, I just want to combine the two charts to emphasize how much fuller the inboxes of good-looking people get. I have scaled this graph to show multiples of messages sent to the lowest-rated people. For instance, the most attractive guys get 11× the messages the lowest-rated do. The medium-rated get about 4×. "

I love women :)

This study is a representation of real life opinions of how the female mind looks at overall male attractiveness based on photos.

This study proved that when it comes to that initial viewing that women are WAY more superficial.

To argue that women re going to not like the same kind of physical traits in real life is absurd.

Most Helpful Guy

• Allow me to remind everyone that the real world works this way too.

What Girls Said 5

• It's hard to just judge people by their pictures. It's really different in my opinion compared to real life. We look at pictures of guys online it's easy to say "ugly, medium, hot" and place the individual in those categories but in real life we see more of this person. We see not only their face, but their body, their walk, the way they talk, what they talk about, how they appear overall etc. Therefor I think this doesn't really prove anything in real life. It just shows how online dating works for male and female users and the trends on there. Or on the internet overall for that matter. In real life everyone is superficial to a extent, whether you're female or male.

• @update yeah initial viewing of a PICTURE. Can't you tell that there's a difference between a photograph and real life 0_o is that the same thing to you?

• if you looked at the study youd see that there are photos of men with body shots. not to mention people with online dating often take photos of their bodies. (especially douchy men with their shirts off)

Again, its easy to tell if a man is ugly based on a photo. If you can't tell a guy is fat or has 6 pack abs from a photo, you are insane.

Again, all this proves is how women are more superficial about looks than men are.

• My mom told me this on our walk today.. ~Many~ men will settle for anything.

And she went on.. I won't go into details. But you get the point.

YES Women are more picky.

I am extremely picky with men.

Not in looks but in behavior.

It disgusts me when an attractive man is hitting on me and being disgusting about it.

• We're all superficial. I think it depends on who's in your circle to be honest. The guys that I hang out with are so beyond superficial it's disgusting. They refer to an average, but more on the pretty side girl as "basic" or dare I say it, "ratchet" and I hate it.

• everyone if superficial both men and wonan. so why does there have to be a debate about who is "more" superficial. we all care about looks.

• When something is proven there is no longer a need for a debate.

And many people still hold onto the belief that women are less shallow when it comes to looks, which is why this is important to note.

• I actually have to agree with you. Only like 10% of men on this planet truly catch a woman's full wants and needs. Contrary, like 90% of women catch a mans full needs and wants. Based off experience.

• Well you missed the point. This only has to do with looks. This has nothing to do with money.

I would say that women online are automatically going to assume that ALL men are going to lie about their income, and is going to "less likely" to lie about his photo. So all that's left is to judge them on their looks. So all things equal of course they are going to pick the hotter guy physically.

However, this shows women are more picky about EVEN looks than men are.

• Lol I said nothing about money but the looks thing seems true. But that's just one study so who cares?

What Guys Said 5

• I think what the author wrote is true.

I observed that most women's picture have poses (duck face, horse face, V gesture, or whatever you can think) and they put a lot of effort in choosing a profile picture that usually contributes to the huge success of their profiles.

Whilst in men, even if their picture is like that in an ID/passport, it's already enough.

And, I think women are very attractive because they put a lot of effort in taking care of themselves. There's nothing wrong with that. After all, most men put up a lot of superficial values when hitting on a woman.

• makes sense

• I like the part about why men all flock towards the dimes, but women restrict themselves back to the "averages". I have an idea of why that is, but I'll leave it to another study to really drill into it and establish a good reason why.

• i can agree

• I must be really ugly because when I had a dating profile not one girl would reply to my messages nor did any of them messaged me. I deleted my profile and decided it was a waist of my time!