Need quick answers please! Should I text her tomorrow?

Ok so to sum it all up: I met this girl playing basketball, we played for a while together, grabbed a smoothie afterward (even though she had to get to dinner...she went with me to the place and talked for a while first), and I got her number. Sent her a quick "hey it's me just so you have my number" text and she responded asking for my last name. Couple days later I text her, she responds, I send another text but she didn't respond. A few days later I call her. She answered, but for some reason she seemed short on the phone. She was busy studying when I called and maybe she was nervous to talk on the phone...or maybe she isn't interested. Anyway, I asked if she wanted to get dinner that night but she said she was busy. She just seemed like she really didn't want to be on the phone :/ Then a couple min of minorly awkward conversation later I asked what she had going on Thursday because I don't have any classes or work and she just said that she doesn't know yet. So my response there was saying that I would text her later to figure out thurs for sure.

So what do I do now? I don't want to push anything too fast since she doesn't seem super interested at all... but should I stick to my work and text her tomorrow? Or should I just let it slide and text her over the weekend?

If she's not interetsed, giving her more time between contacts would be good. But if she is interested, she might be upset I didn't text her on Thursday (tomorrow). What should I do though?

Most Helpful Girl

• The last name thing probably isn't important. Some people like having that to keep names organized on the phone. Or maybe she was a little interested and wanted to Facebook stalk you.

But I think you came on a little too strong. While calling her is a bit forward, it could be understandable. But you kept talking even though you knew she was busy studying, and kept bugging her about Thursday. So maybe she's a little freaked out. See if she responds on Thursday. If she doesn't, let it slide. But I think it's fine to text her over the weekend and casually ask about Thursday, and if she seems genuinely apologetic or says she was waiting for your text, then plan something next Thursday. If she brushes you off with a lame excuse, then let it go. She's probably not into you.

• How did I come on too strong? When I called I didn't keep bugging her about thurs...at the end of the call I just mentioned I didn't have class or work and asked what she had going on. When she said she didn't know, I just backed off by saying ill text ya later to figure it out. I'll end up just texting her over the weekend...hopefully she seems interested in texting. But even when we first met and texted that same day, her responses were kinda short.

What Girls Said 3

• Hm. Weird. I'm curious as to why she'd want your last name... But anyway, it sounds like she's not very interested. If she was nervous or shy or whatever, she wouldn't have hung out with you like she did that first day, so I wouldn't assume that's the issue. If you feel that you want to keep your word, go ahead and text her a general "Hey, how's it going" tomorrow. If she doesn't really keep up her end of the conversation, drop her. If she does, then go ahead and ask her about hanging out. If she says no and doesn't try to bring up a different day that'd work better, drop her.

• I think you're being a little too pushy for her. It sounds like she is uncomfortable with speaking over the phone. Just text her and don't ask her out on any dates. Be a friend, if she stops talking to you then she just isn't interested. . . if she is interested she will text you.

• dont text her. everyone wants what they can't get. if you're texting her first all the time its gonna take the chase away for her. she was obviously initially interested so I think you should wait it out and see what her moves gonna be.

• But what should I do next? I seriously doubt she'd ever text me first at this point...

What Guys Said 3

• Wait for her to contact you next, she might be telling the truth about being very busy. I had it happen to me once because the girl didn't tell me anything other than "I'm busy" almost every time I called, so I had no idea when the f*** to call her next or what day to call her on - it made me feel stupid and irritated, because it made me feel like a pest.

• Assume she is interested, cause if she isn't then there is no point in pursuing.

• Lay low brother. It's hard to be too cool but being too forward is easy.