I'm 21 years old, and my parents won't let me go on a date?

Hi everyone, I have a situation. A guy I've known and been talking for a month asked me to go on a date with him. It will be after my work which ends at between 9:30-10:00 Pm. There's no other time I can go because I work kind of late and I go to school. My parents haven't met him yet because number one, I think it's too SOON to meet the parents and number two my parents are never home to meet any people of mines. Now they are telling me not to go with him and how they don't know him and how well do I know him and stuff.

I've never been on a date before so I don't want to cancel because they are overbearing and controlling! I barely go anywhere and I come home straight from work or school because I "can't" really go out late with friends and stuff. But I'm 21 and don't wanna feel like I'm 13 especially if I Tell my date I can't go on the date because of my parents!

My question is, should I just leave contact informations and go on the date or should I just go home like a "good little daughter" ?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You are TWENTY ONE. It's a hard thing to learn because we want to please the folks . . . but when it comes down to it, you must make yourself happy before you make anyone else happy. They're holding onto the control for as long as they can before you figure this out. . . You are in charge of you my dear, if you don't go on a date because mommy and daddy say no, then well, maybe you really aren't mature enough to date yet.